Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung 46" + Ext HDD 500GB connection query

• 05-03-2011 6:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

The Samsung above & the Ext HDD from Aldi, is that it needs 2 usb ports at the side of the tv, but mine only has 1x usb, 1x HDMI,1x red,yellow,blue Component/Composite (i keep getting those two mixed up)

I was told that the smaller models had more usb ports than HDMI slots & would have been able to cope with it, now i'm familiar with scart adapters as i've used them before hookin up a VCR -> DVD Recorder is it possible that i could do the same here withthe R G B colours to a USB lead which would be the Aux cable.

The tv was in this thread a while back, also would it matter about the usb 3.0 v 2.0 capability on the telly?

Thanks for any help provided.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kev7329

Is there anyone that can help me with this or maybe i've posted in the wrong forum?

As it would be of great help, as i wasnt in great form all week & only posting now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

kev7329 wrote: »
    Is there anyone that can help me with this or maybe i've posted in the wrong forum?

As it would be of great help, as i wasnt in great form all week & only posting now.

Your going to need a Media player interface: PHC , WD TV , AC RYAN

These take your avi , mp3 and turn them into a format your tv understands

Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0 doesn't matter. The HDD is unlikely on Random access to match even USB2.0 speed.

If the HDD has 2x USB, then it needs more power than a USB host socket supplies (500mA max unless non-Standard Apple compatible).

you can use a 1A 5V USB supply, or see if the HDD has a 5V jack socket (1A 5V DC of correct polarity).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kev7329

Apologies for not replyin, as i was off sick.

AFAIK, the tv already has a media player interface already on it here
    also i've already tried the Surge Protected USB Adaptor from Aldi but to no avail it didnt work, unless maybe i done it the wrong way.

Advertisement