Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Informed Performance NoGi Tournament- Saturday April 9th

• 05-03-2011 9:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

After some scheduling reshuffling we've squeezed in the next IP tournament on April 9th. Format is as follows:

Divisions of 10 people maximum- prepay and preregistration is compulsory. Divisions are filled in advance.
    Each competitor fights everyone in his/her division
    You are awarded 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw
    Winner is the competitor with the most points. In the case of 8 or more competitors, the divisions are split into 2 pools of 4 or more. The winners of each pool meet in a final match.
    The competition will run with IBJJF NoGi rules and weight divisions.

FAILURE TO BE ON WEIGHT WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION!. This hasn't happened in previous tournaments but will happen here. Respect your fellow competitors, your coach and the organisers by registering for the correct weight class!

The registration form and prepayment system will be up by Tuesday of this week. I'm just giving everyone a heads up as I've been getting some questions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Good to finally stick a date down for this.

Cheers Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

How you gonna have points for draws if your using ibjjf rules?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

It's unlikely I know but people could conceivably finish level on points and advantages.

It's unlikely I know but people could conceivably finish level on points and advantages.

Isn't it refs decision then.....

r_obric wrote: »
    Isn't it refs decision then.....
    Yes you're right. I had overlooked that completely.

So I guess no 1 pointers then! Thanks Ruairí.

• Advertisement

20 push ups please.

Hi all,

A bit of a delay in getting the registration forms up so sorry about that. Unfortunately when it comes to technical stuff I'm a bit stoopid so one of my guys has taken hold of this now and it will be up and running in the next couple of days. In the meantime, please keep the date free in your diaries. It's going to be great!

Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Barry,

Are weigh-ins taking place immediately before your match or just the morning of the event?

danlen wrote: »
    Barry,

Are weigh-ins taking place immediately before your match or just the morning of the event?

Before your division starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

any updates on registration?

• Advertisement

Actually working on it right now. Some issues with the prepayment stuff and such but it should be active soon. As soon as it's done I'll put the link up here and mail it in to bjj.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Just wondering out of curiosity, where do the weight categories come from?

http://www.ibjjf.org/nogi2010registration.htm & http://www.ibjjf.org/nogiweightlist.pdf have different weight categories to the ones listed.

At least I'm making weight now anyway :)

HOLY CRAP!

hold on! Mistake by my IT guy. The form is going down I'll have it back up asap!

EDIT: form is fixed with the nogi weights. Sorry for the confusion.

Nuts, 3 kilos to lose now :P

I registered and payed with the old form under 70kg if i register on the new form under 67.5kg and skip the paypal bit is that ok?

I'll just change your entry to 67.5kg. Sorry about that!

I'll just change your entry to 67.5kg. Sorry about that!
    Cheers Barry, Looking forward to this!

Registered! 67.5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bendy85

where is the form please?

here is the form https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHl2NHZacFRTRnVEWDY0YlJpWlRTa1E6MQ#gid=0

Pay particular attention to the link once you've submitted the form. That's what you have to fill out to pay.

Looking good guys especially the novice divisions. Some details:

Saturday April 9th Schedule:
    12pm competitors arrive and register
    12.30pm registration ends
    12.45pm short rules "reminder" :)
    1pm Tournament begins

I will be in a position to estimate division start times on Friday once registration closes.

• Advertisement

here is the form https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHl2NHZacFRTRnVEWDY0YlJpWlRTa1E6MQ#gid=0

Pay particular attention to the link once you've submitted the form. That's what you have to fill out to pay.

Looking good guys especially the novice divisions. Some details:

Saturday April 9th Schedule:
    12pm competitors arrive and register
    12.30pm registration ends
    12.45pm short rules "reminder" :)
    1pm Tournament begins

I will be in a position to estimate division start times on Friday once registration closes.
    12 Nice! i can get up at a reasonable time in the morning for once :D(travelling up from cork)

:D I aim to please.

The following people have registered for the tournament but not paid in advance. You need to contact barry@informedperformance.com right away to arrange payment. If I don't receive contact by Tuesday night i will delete the entries associated with the below names.

Name:
    niall Molloy
    Barry Shiels
    Ricky
    Kieran Davern
    dermot kavanagh
    ray smith
    Pawel Guba
    Wayne Fitzgerald
    David Phelan
    donal kavanagh
    lee farrell
    Mario
    david hanney
    brain sweeney
    darren carter
    Steven Dundon
    Michael Dundon
    Kevin
    Martin Downey
    thomas bermingham
    Niall Molloy
    paul walsh
    john sheridan
    pat sheridan

If you are on that list and did pay through paypal then contact me as some people didn't use the same reference name as their entry. I considered hiring a private eye to find out who the payment was from but I thought it would be a bit cheaper just to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

What time are you expecting the competition to be over?

I always aim for a sub 3 hour run time. That said, it depends on how many table staff and referees I have.

Hint

Hint.

I pay referees, just FYI.

Anyone?

Oh yes advanced division so far is:

Mario (SBG)
    Grant Carroll (Drysdale)
    TJ Davitt (Drysdale)

Some new names there for anyone interested in competing. Looks like it'll be absoluto only again.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

advanced absoluto sounds good:) il be registering during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Barry I registered and paid, Something came up literally minutes after i paid so I dont know if i can make it, sorry to be akward but if i cant make it you can take that off my tab!!

Hopefully it wont be a problem with the brackets etc considering it will be an absoluto anyway,

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

just registered, you can add Mark Curry to that list :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 aro13

Whats the numbers looking like so far??

There's about 70 entered so far, but some haven't used the Paypal to pay or haven't been in contact regarding their payment... :(

Folks this is prepay only. So if you turn up with your €20 in your hand on Saturday morning I'll be happy to take it but there won't be a place for you in the tournament, I'll just put it towards my hair implants.

If you are having trouble mashing your hand against the keyboard using Paypal, then you can contact me and we might be able to arrange another system as Coolmine and Primal have done. If you don't do either Paypal or some other prepay arrangement, I will delete your entry tonight and then post the full, pre-paid entry list tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

When does registration close for this? Would like to enter but will not know until Thursday whether I will be able to go or not trying to get plans re-arranged.

11.59pm on Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

Perfect:) hope now i can make it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

had trouble paying and wasnt able to do it. couldnt select payment type for some reason. registration was sent though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bagels90

crosdad wrote: »
    had trouble paying and wasnt able to do it. couldnt select payment type for some reason. registration was sent though

u just dont wanna pay rich :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Barry, one of our guys has entered and paid, but he broke and dislocated a finger last night :(
    Can you take him off your list, his name is Martin Downey.
    If possible theres another guy Wade Courtney who entered but his payment didn't go through.... can you use Martin's payment for him? or can you give Martin a refund?

Thanks maeve

MaeveD wrote: »
    Barry, one of our guys has entered and paid, but he broke and dislocated a finger last night :(
    Can you take him off your list and is it possible for him to get a refund?
    His name is Martin Downey.
    Thanks maeve

If he used paypal I can refund him no prob. Can you get him to email me with the persons name on the paypal account? Dome people use their friends or whatever just need to refund the right one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Sorry Barry, you probably didn't see that edit... can Wade use his payment?

Rookie question, cup broke on monday night at training just inspecting the damage now. Would hurt me more to wear it than it is now...

Are they optional ? As in i'll get kneed in the balls at my own risk ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Rookie question, cup broke on monday night at training just inspecting the damage now. Would hurt me more to wear it than it is now...

Are they optional ? As in i'll get kneed in the balls at my own risk ?

I thought you weren't allowed to wear cups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

ScareGilly wrote: »
    I thought you weren't allowed to wear cups?

In BJJ usually, but I'm not sure about NoGi. Probably the IBJJF Nogi but its up to Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Barry, ill be able to make this now, do we get to fight errrybody in the division?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 KDavern

Hi Barry,can u check and see if my payment went through,I had a bit of hassle trying to register,but I think it's sorted now

Received Kieran!

I have not received payment from:
    Barry Shiels
    Pawel Guba
    Wayne Fitzgerald
    lee farrell
    brain sweeney
    john sheridan
    pat sheridan
    Shane Smith
    Jay Sheridan
    Steven Rogers
    Richard Gorey
    Adam Mcclean
    paul grant
    Tomas Dorywalski
    richie crosdale
    Niall Griffin

Some of these guys have contacted me but some haven't. If you know them can you pass on the message that their entries will be deleted by midnight Thursday if they haven't paid by then?

Chris, everyone in the division... EVERYONE!

@crosdad if you go through the registration again I'll delete your old one. Once you click submit you'll land on a page with a Paypal link. Let me know how you get on.

Looking forward to a good day out guys. I still need referees and table staff, so please get in contact if you're available for either task.

*edit to remove Kevin Gill as he just paid :)

Chris, everyone in the division... EVERYONE!

That's unless there are 8 fighters or more in a division right?

In the case of 8 or more competitors, the divisions are split into 2 pools of 4 or more. The winners of each pool meet in a final match.

Correct, but that's unlikely in the advanced division unless I get a glut of entries in the next 16 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

What kind of time are you thinking this will be finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dorywal

Hi, Barry. Can you check my payment for competition fee. #Payment was made on friday 1st april. the payment was made by my friend Michelle Conroy trough her paypal acc. and i send you copy of the payment on you'r email address.
    please let me know if you have received the payment.
    thanks
    Tom

Gorey_R wrote: »
    What kind of time are you thinking this will be finished?

Barrys aiming for a sub 3 hours run time. Competition is scheduled to start at 1pm, so I suppose you'd be looking at 5 latest?

• Advertisement
Advertisement