Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Informed Performance NoGi Tournament- Saturday April 9th

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

Naos wrote: »
    Barrys aiming for a sub 3 hours run time. Competition is scheduled to start at 1pm, so I suppose you'd be looking at 5 latest?

I think 5 sounds overly ambitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

sent another registration and tried on a different card. still couldnt select payment type for some odd reason. maybe im just really stupid. theres no pay on the day is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 shanesmith

paid and registered @79.5 kg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Weighing in at 85.5kg on the button atm... Guess there goes my bonus subway tomorrow :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

@Tom,
    received thank you.

Paypal isn't that complicated guys! You have 35 minutes to sort something out with a team mate or a friend with a credit card. It's highly unfair on anyone who has taken the time and effort to pay in advance if I allow pay on the day. I won't be accepting cash so please don't show up with money in your hand.

These are the entries that will be deleted if I have no payment from them by midnight:

Barry Shiels tuatha de danann
    Pawel Guba Next Generation
    Wayne Fitzgerald Waterford MMA
    lee farrell sbgi
    brain sweeney waterford mma
    john sheridan sbg
    pat sheridan kokoro
    Jay Sheridan Xtreme Fitness Ireland
    Steven Rogers Xtreme Fitness Ireland
    Richard Gorey Pedro Bessa
    Adam Mcclean X-treme Fitness
    paul grant waterford mma
    richie crosdale sbg
    Tom Flynn Fianna
    Michael Devlin Ferocity MMA
    Cillian Glynn Fianna MMA
    Wayne Fitzgerlad Waterford MMA
    Kieron Gaynor Xtreme fitness

Once again these entries will be deleted if you don't pay. If you don't think your name should be on that list then you need to mail barry@informedperformance.com now

Entry is now closed. Here is the competitor list. You have 24 hours to make any alterations. Failure to make your stated weight will result in disqualification without refund.

i wasnt able to prepay becuase i couldnt select payment type for some very strange reason and am down on the compeititor list. will my entry be deleted. would be gratefull if i you could have some sympathy for the stupid and not delete the entry. also looks like the advanced division needs all the help it can get anyway:D

Someone contacted me on your behalf Richard so you are in. You lucky boy...

I was unable to pay for this aswell. Is paying on the day strictly not allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

Hi, this is my first one of these and looking forward to it. Just a couple of questions if someone would answer them I would be much obliged. As this a submission wrestling tournament can you wear wrestling boots? and whats the rules regarding leg locks are they the same as bjj comps, ie only straight achilles locks? Thanks

No wrestling booties.

No cups.

Division rules will be:
    Novice = white belt rules
    Intermediate = blue belt rules
    Advanced = purple belt rules

(yes I know before anyone mentions the obvious above)

I'm still looking for qualified referees for the middle of the ring. I'm paying a wage for anyone who does it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Foggy33

Where is the event taken place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow. To Barry and the rest of the organizers, hope it goes off without a hitch.

OSSSSS!

Richy06 wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow. To Barry and the rest of the organizers, hope it goes off without a hitch.

OSSSSS!
    By the rest you mean Colin!

I'll have lots of help from table staff and refs tomorrow hopefully!

• Advertisement

Approximate division start times. Accurate to within 20mins either way.

Ring 1-
    Beg LightFeather 2pm.
    Beg Light 2.15pm.
    Beg Mid Heavy 4pm

Ring 2-
    Inter Ultra+Super HW 2pm.
    Inter Mid Heavy 2pm.
    Inter Mid 2.15pm.
    Inter Feather 4pm

Ring 3-
    Beg Mid 1.30pm.
    Beg Ultra heavy 2.45pm.
    Beg heavy 3.15pm

Ring 4-
    Inter Light 1.30pm.
    Beg feather 2.45pm.
    Beg Super Heavy 4pm.

Please arrive at least 1 hour before your division is due to start as if the tournament runs fast we will call the divisions early. By the same token, divisions may run over for a variety of reasons, so please be patient and don't bother the table staff, administration folk or myself as they will be trying hard to make up for any delays.

I expect to have everyone out of there by 4.45pm, but if I can do it earlier I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Great day, need to get the hang of the point system myself but it's a learning curve.

Thank you Barry, see you next time.

forgot - who was the dude taking load of photos and was upstairs for the Feather Novice division..

The tournament was very good today and ran off very smoothly. Well done.

Also, i'd like to thank thank Barry for allowing me the opportunity to referee at the tournament. I really enjoyed and no one threatened me or called me names so i consider that a success!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 hendy

results?

I'll post full results tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who reffed and scored the matches:
    TJ, Neil, Stephen, Mick, Hughie, Shafty, Rohan. Special thanks to Shane for the electronic scoreboard idea, and Stephen for the expertise. To the refs Darragh, Chris, Richie, Bruno, Shane and Mark.

Thanks also to the competitors, 91 of whom paid in advance either through their coaches or through Paypal, and enabled me to estimate division times and made the tournament a success.

I will be holding a similar tournament (nogi round robin) in September/October. While we (just about) got 4 rings into the gym yesterday, it's fairly clear the tournament has outgrown the venue at this stage so the next one will be somewhere else. I'll announce it once I've cleared some things off my table. As a part of that, I'd like to run the "best grappler in Ireland" tournament we spoke about before on here. I think it's a flyer so if you're interested in winning some moolah (prize money TBC) get in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭NG-DOC

Thanks for yesterday Barry, really well run and the new electronic scoreboards were a great addition. I would (and do) recommend to everyone to compete at your events.
    I'd like to run the "best grappler in Ireland" tournament we spoke about before on here. I think it's a flyer so if you're interested in winning some moolah (prize money TBC) get in touch.

Delighted to hear this come up again. Whatever the format, gi/nogi, points/submission only, qualification/invite, I am certainly interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Thanks again Barry.

There was a photographer there for most of the day, any idea who he was? or if hes putting pics up?

I don't know who he was but I remember one of the lads from Morcegao had their mate take some great photos last time. Could be the same dude. Kamil from SBG was walking around with a camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sebapl

Chris89 wrote: »
    Thanks again Barry.

There was a photographer there for most of the day, any idea who he was? or if hes putting pics up?

Hi all.
    Thanks Barry for the great event.The photographer is my friend , You can see the pics in few days on Informed Performance facebook.

Sebastian Wierzbinski

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

My first tournament yesterday... Had an absolutely brilliant time. All my opponents were really good dudes and I'd a great time rolling with them.

Well done to Barry and his little helper monkeys for running a great event.

Can't wait to get a few more under my belt - the bug has bitten!

I don't know who he was but I remember one of the lads from Morcegao had their mate take some great photos last time.

Was that the dude upstairs who was mates with the guy I was up against in my last match?

Hanley wrote: »
    Was that the dude upstairs who was mates with the guy I was up against in my last match?

He was the guy who was upstairs during your division yeah, he was sitting middle of the cage between the two mats. I thought it could have been the guy from the last time so i'll check his flickr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Nah that was just one of the morcegao lads, there was another lad that was there for all of the matches upstairs, dont know if he got any of the advanced or anything downstairs.

Assuming you are the same Hanley who got his ears drained and the pics put on here. One of your fights has been uploaded

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Assuming you are the same Hanley who got his ears drained and the pics put on here. One of your fights has been uploaded

Super... the one match I lost :D

Looks like he's a blue belt judging from the other videos on his channel. Happy out to hold my own after 3 months of training :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ihum600#p/u/6/1987DsunwQI

• Advertisement

As a part of that, I'd like to run the "best grappler in Ireland" tournament we spoke about before on here. I think it's a flyer so if you're interested in winning some moolah (prize money TBC) get in touch.

this would be savage. im sure alot of people would pay to see this

• Registered Users Posts: 7 photobystander

Hi there.

Yeah. I'm Seba's (morcegao) friend.

Sorry that I couldn't cover all of fights. I did some shoots downstairs first and I went to the upper mates after a while.

U can see my photos here

Regards,
    Tomasz
    http://www.photobystander.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Super... the one match I lost :D

Looks like he's a blue belt judging from the other videos on his channel. Happy out to hold my own after 3 months of training :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ihum600#p/u/6/1987DsunwQI
    A blue belt in the novices? Surely not. You are obviously mistaken...the novice category was specifically for competitors at white belt level with less than 1 years experience so I can only assume that you must have made an error.

That's the 2nd tournament in a row that Sebastien has taken gold at novice level so I'm sure he and his coaching team will have a good look at his performances and see that he would more than fit in at Intermediate level for the next tournament. If not, I will encourage him to do so just as I encouraged Andre Ramos not to compete at Intermediate level a couple of tournaments back.

Regards,
    Barry

Hi there.

Yeah. I'm Seba's (morcegao) friend.

Sorry that I couldn't cover all of fights. I did some shoots downstairs first and I went to the upper mates after a while.

U can see my photos here

Regards,
    Tomasz

Some great photos there dude :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sebapl

Hi im Sebastian. Ok Im gonna explain everything now :)

I startet doing BJJ last July with a couple of weeks break due a injury, so Im still a beginner and I still have few months left do go with the Intermediate, so Im not cheating Lads:) Yes I got a blue belt from my teacher and i fought as one in Belfast so Hanley is right.

For the next competition as Barry said is probably September/October Im going to be fighting at Intermediate level.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

Awesome tournament barry, really enjoyed competing, some super tough matches.

Had yet another war with TJ!

The rest of my matches are up at http://www.youtube.com/user/bjjdotie?feature=mhum altho unfortunately we didn't get the others from the advanced division (my fault, i was pre-occupied and didn't tell my friend i wanted them all finished so he only filmed mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

Wanted to say fair play to michael devlin too, despite being around 67kg he fought five matches against guys walking around at 75 and over, stepped on the mat with me even though he was exhausted and injured.

That takes real heart and respect to mike for it.

No one accused you of cheating Sebastien! You were a gent to deal with and thanks again to your friend for the photos

Some of my favourite pics

DSC_6088.jpg

DSC_6308.jpg

DSC_7043.jpg

Talking about beer if I recall correctly:
    DSC_7218.jpg

• Advertisement

DSC_7043.jpg

That's a great photo!!
    Talking about beer if I recall correctly:
    DSC_7218.jpg

Haha totally forgot about that. Good times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

That was my first competition and I loved it. Thought is was very well set up, everything moved smoothly & I was delighted to medal! Big thanks to all in I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Any results? The advanced in particular.

Any results? The advanced in particular.

Advanced u80

1. Mark Curry
    2. T.J Davitt
    3.Brendan McGarry
    3. Chris Leddy
    5. Michael Devlin
    6. Kieran O' Donnel

Note: T.J, Brendan and Chris all finished equal on points in second.

>80 advanced

1. Mario sbg
    2. Richard Gorey
    3. Richard Crosdale
    4. Gary Doyle
    5. Duncan Deacan

I'm glad u like my pics.

Let me know about upcoming competitions (any MA, not just BJJ).
    Currently I'm working on my portfolio now so I'm looking for oportunities to capture different MA events.

thanks
    Tomasz

Hey Tomasz,

I'm holding an MMA show on May 20th it'd be great to have you along taking photos. baz.oglesby@gmail.com is my email for more info.

Thanks,
    Barry

• Advertisement

Thanks Barry.

e-mail sent.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭lukeyjudo

Full results Barry? :)

I've been extremely busy this last week so haven't had the opportunity to do them. I'll try to put 20minutes aside tomorrow evening.

Advertisement