Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Dave! wrote: »
    Do your parents/family know? What do they think?

Congrats anyway

they do, and a lot of my close friends know too, they're all really good and supportive. I'm very lucky in that sense, a lot of transgender people have trouble with their families and friends being accepting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Congrats Links!

Genuine question - will you have to apply for a new passport that will state that you're a female or will you still have to state you're a male?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lilymay1

All the best on your new journey in life.no doubt it'll be all worth while and you'll have a very happy life! g'luck!;)

Genuine question - will you have to apply for a new passport that will state that you're a female or will you still have to state you're a male?

Not entirely sure on that one, I know there's work being done so that transgender people can legally be considered their identified gender, but I don't really know when that will be available to me or what would I'd need to do. so no idea yet I'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

<snip>

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

C0rk3r don't post in this thread again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Links234 wrote: »

hah, I don't want more sexually confused or repressed people PM'ing me and hitting on me, telling me how they find me "so interesting" and would love to get to know me. :pac:

pettttteeeee! stop it :mad:

:pac:

pettttteeeee! stop it :mad:

you can hit on me if you want ;)

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    If you aren't doing so already you should try document this with a blog or video blog, or both. I'm sure it would be very helpful for those in similar situations, and also for yourself to look back on in a few years. Doo eeet! And congratulations, best of luck on your journey :)

Started my HRT log, nothing much there yet, but I'll keep it updated. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

on yer tummy there lass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Is Tar trying to charm you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Congrats Links. whatever makes you happy.

Just wondering, will your voice change over time with the injections? Become more feminine?

strobe wrote: »
    Congrats Links. whatever makes you happy.

Just wondering, will your voice change over time with the injections? Become more feminine?

I've been told that my voice will soften a little with treatment, but that for a lot of people voice training (kinda like warm up exercises for singing) is required for them to get out of that "male" resonance. I haven't done any of that, and I've been told that my voice is quite soft to begin with, so I dunno if it'll change a whole bunch, or if it really needs to change much at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'm just so happy I wanna scream it from the rooftops!

Yesterday morning, I got this in my stomach. Ouch! It's an injection that I'll be taking once a month now for the foreseeable future, and it stops my testosterone production.

It wasn't easy, and it was an incredibly stressful time leading up to this point, but I've started Hormone Replacement Therapy. :D:D:D

Are you hot?

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Are you hot?

No, I'm quite cool actually, have a nice glass of water here. I was very hot yesterday, I was out in the sun all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

I'm just so happy I wanna scream it from the rooftops!

Yesterday morning, I got this in my stomach. Ouch! It's an injection that I'll be taking once a month now for the foreseeable future, and it stops my testosterone production.

It wasn't easy, and it was an incredibly stressful time leading up to this point, but I've started Hormone Replacement Therapy. :D:D:D

When I saw that pic I thought it was a flat blade screwdriver you were after stabbing yourself with

Daegerty wrote: »
    When I saw that pic I thought it was a flat blade screwdriver you were after stabbing yourself with

hehehe :p
    it is a scary looking thing, that's for sure! even scarier when it's going in :eek:

had to get my doctor to inject me, no way I could do it myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

/best of luck to you, happiness is where it's at.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Feck the begrudgers, best of luck with it.

Also make sure to watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Whoop whoop! Delighted for ya :D and will be following your blog with interest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

c0rk3r wrote: »
    <snip>

I really dont think snip was the right word to use when editing the post Mod:D

Best of luck to the OP though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Good luck with it OP. Pretty brave too I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

best of luck links but you must pass the "test" which is if i look better in womens clothing with long blonde than you theres something wrong:pac:(serious banter there no offence intended mr mod)

best of luck links but you must pass the "test" which is if i look better in womens clothing with long blonde than you theres something wrong:pac:(serious banter there no offence intended mr mod)

by all means post a pic of yourself in womens clothing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

by all means post a pic of yourself in womens clothing :)

:eek:damn you called my bluff :pac:

also you might wanna check out gaire.com if you are not already on it,ive a few gay and transgender friends who use it

Is Hormone Replacement not bad for one's health?

I'd guess feeling like a woman trapped in a man's body is bad for your health..

Johro wrote: »
    I'd guess feeling like a woman trapped in a man's body is bad for your health..

ah yes these men's bodies are a bad place to be. they just don't make em how they used to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Good for you OP. I hope it makes you happy.

• Advertisement

Daegerty wrote: »
    Is Hormone Replacement not bad for one's health?

sure, there are health risks involved, but the same is true for most medication. besides, my health is gonna be monitored so that any risks are minimized, and in preparation for this I had made sure I was in good health, spent a lot of time in the previous year eating healthier, cutting down on alcohol (I've stopped entirely drinking for now) and losing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Congratulations and every good wish.

Johro wrote: »
    Staying on topic..

did you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Welcome to the superior female gender:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Have you got a boyfriend/girlfriend? Whats their thoughts on this?

no, I'm single

Ah, are you conscious/nervous of getting one because of the situation you're in?

yeah, I had been kinda avoiding any relationships or dating in general while I got things sorted out, like for the past year or so. but in future, who knows? ;)

• Advertisement

This might seem mad, but how about an interview? I used do them on another forum, usually lighthearted ones about politics... but this could be good for a change if you're interested.

Interview? hmm, that sounds interesting, where would the interview go up?

Just on a small forum I post at, but we could post it on boards.ie too if you wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Genuine question, would your gender history be something you'd tell a new partner? or a prospective one? I'd imagine a lot of men would have a massive issue with their new girlfriend having been previously a man

Dean820 wrote: »
    Just on a small forum I post at, but we could post it on boards.ie too if you wanted.
    hmm, ok
    shoot me a PM so
    krudler wrote: »
    Genuine question, would your gender history be something you'd tell a new partner? or a prospective one? I'd imagine a lot of men would have a massive issue with their new girlfriend having been previously a man
    you're assuming I'm interested in men ;)

you're assuming I'm interested in men ;)

D'oh :pac:

Ok women then, would you tell someone you were previously a man right away, or wait? must be a hard decision to make, could affect the relationship either way.

Like I imagine you wont be going around roaring it from the rooftops, but it might be the kind of thing a future partner may want to know from the very start?

• Advertisement

Well I had never felt I was a "man" so I wouldn't use those words, but yeah, I would be pretty upfront with anyone who was interested in me. assuming they didn't know already of course.

but you know, there's plenty of people who wouldn't have any issue dating someone who is transgender. it's like they say, today and tomorrow is more important than yesterday.

Well I had never felt I was a "man" so I wouldn't use those words, but yeah, I would be pretty upfront with anyone who was interested in me. assuming they didn't know already of course.

but you know, there's plenty of people who wouldn't have any issue dating someone who is transgender. it's like they say, today and tomorrow is more important than yesterday.

course not, congrats anyway its a huge step to take after all your updates on tLL, hope all goes well :)

thanks krudler ;)

and yeah, I'm pretty sure that plently of people who would be absolutely proud to have a girl like this for a girlfriend. be honest guys ;)

and you know something else? who knows, I might even be in a relationship with another transgender person in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'll give you 5dolla for your penor if it's going spare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Wow:D

Huge congrats to you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement