Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i dont think links has to worry theres many "straight" admirers out there as im sure her inbox has been flooded since starting this thread:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

How does the whole downstairs operation work - and how realistic is it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

Links234 wrote: »

omfg, there's better looking irish trannies than there are irish women! that centre pic.. too much :eek: too convincing. never underestimate the power of make-up eh.. regardless, am such a sucker for brown eyes :o swoon!

but seriously just don't use it to your advantage to hit on / intimidate heterosexuals, else there'll be further traumatized homophobes. looks good to me - albeit with the right make-up appliance - thats the scary thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Many congratulations! You're on the home stretch and it must feel fantastic! I'm very happy for you.

I hope you're out tonight celebrating.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

omfg, there's better looking irish trannies than there are irish women! that centre pic.. too much :eek: too convincing. never underestimate the power of make-up eh.. regardless, am such a sucker for brown eyes :o swoon!

but seriously just don't use it to your advantage to hit on / intimidate heterosexuals, else there'll be further traumatized homophobes. looks good to me - albeit with the right make-up appliance - thats the scary thing.

If it was me I'd definitely find some homophobes and mess with them! Congrats OP, definitely agree with the keeping a log of it. I'd definitely be interested in learning more about how it goes. If you don't mind me asking, are you seeing a psychologist? I'd assume a doctor would recommend it as no doubt its a huge emotional/physical process to go through. Best of luck:D

If it was me I'd definitely find some homophobes and mess with them!

that is not beneficial to the community. maybe they're only homophobes, because they've been hit on? like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Links234 I always assumed you were a girl, I've come across your posts occasionally, and for some reason always read them as a girl's posts, weird!

Best of Luck, fair play to you for agreeing to see that needle every month :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

i dont think links has to worry theres many "straight" admirers out there as im sure her inbox has been flooded since starting this thread:D
    you know, I wouldn't put straight in quotation marks like that, because for a guy to like a trans girl, that's perfectly straight.
    Xivilai wrote: »
    How does the whole downstairs operation work - and how realistic is it :pac:
    I'm not really gonna go into the details, as there's different operations and everything, different techniques, so it depends. and it depends, but yes, can look perfectly beautiful.

it's not really about makeup,
    you're seeing the effects of hormones there too, and they'll really make a difference. take a look at this thread

and I'll give this as an example, she's not wearing any makeup in the pics and you can really see the gradual changes. softening of the features, difference in skin
    Giselle wrote: »
    Many congratulations! You're on the home stretch and it must feel fantastic! I'm very happy for you.

I hope you're out tonight celebrating.:D

though no, I'm not celebrating, I need to save money now ;)

If you don't mind me asking, are you seeing a psychologist?
    Yes, you have to see a psychologist to get a formal diagnosis of Gender Identity Disorder, and a referral from them, to an endocrinologist, before they'll even think of starting you on hormones.
    Spadina wrote: »
    Links234 I always assumed you were a girl, I've come across your posts occasionally, and for some reason always read them as a girl's posts, weird!

Best of Luck, fair play to you for agreeing to see that needle every month :eek:

I am a girl :)

I'm not afraid of needles ;) I had so many of them recently (lot of tests leading up to this, even one that had to be re-done) so I was well prepared for it by that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Not entirely sure on that one, I know there's work being done so that transgender people can legally be considered their identified gender, but I don't really know when that will be available to me or what would I'd need to do. so no idea yet I'm afraid
    pitty you probably wont be savin as much on car insurance now!

• Advertisement

pitty you probably wont be savin as much on car insurance now!

beat you to it hon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

ah crap, dont know how I missed that, read all the pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

You'll also have to squat while you pee, no sinks for you :eek:

and I'll give this as an example, she's not wearing any makeup in the pics and you can really see the gradual changes. softening of the features, difference in skin

particularly the beard region around the mouth the definition is completely gone. think i noticed it cleared your skin up a good deal as well but i'll continue with the DH dermo range, for men! well.. you may just go the whole hog then, no point in getting caught inbetween. good luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you know, I wouldn't put straight in quotation marks like that, because for a guy to like a trans girl, that's perfectly straight.

I dont think most homophobes would see a transgender girl as a "real" girl though, but then I wouldnt class someone who wouldnt date a transgender person as a homophobe either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

that is not beneficial to the community. maybe they're only homophobes, because they've been hit on? like me.

Going OT, but I'd completely disagree with you. I'm a heterosexual bloke, and I've been hit on by all kinds of people (hot, ugly, fat etc. males and females). Even though I'm in no way curious etc. I'd still take it as a compliment if someone other than a hot female hit on me! If they're homophobic, it's arguably more to do with their issues with their own sexuality than whatever they dislike about gay people. Be comfortable in your own skin and don't be prejudiced against anyone because they're gay.:D

thats fine brother, 100% but for the record i've only ever bn hit on by dudes, whether its the preying sleazy old man with the "flat on dorst st" when i was only waiting for a bus home or the lad who thought he'd approach me at a musical event, which was the purpose of my night out else i'd be in a gay club, or the closet friend who was probably just using his new found sexual freedom to intimidate, i am comfortable in my skin.. just don't want any other males with the notion of getting comfortable in my skin.

i don't play the game generally, not too keen on preying on people rather something might fall into place, happy accident, so i find it derogatory for men to assume that i not only will, but that i will with them. its a predatory sexual jungle out there i guess, regardless of what your intentions were on the night its just a pity some folk can't separate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thats fine brother, 100% but for the record i've only ever bn hit on by dudes, whether its the preying sleazy old man with the "flat on dorst st" when i was only waiting for a bus home or the lad who thought he'd approach me at a musical event, which was the purpose of my night out else i'd be in a gay club, or the closet friend who was probably just using his new found sexual freedom to intimidate, i am comfortable in my skin.. just don't want any other males with the notion of getting comfortable in my skin.

i don't play the game generally, not too keen on preying on people rather something might fall into place, happy accident, so i find it derogatory for men to assume that i not only will, but that i will with them. its a predatory sexual jungle out there i guess, regardless of what your intentions were on the night its just a pity some folk can't separate

Put the lotion in the basket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Do the hormones affect your penis? Like not being able to get hard, unable go ejaculate or reduced size.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Best o luck OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

Good luck :)

he looks more intelligent as a woman; what are we to gather from this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Links234, I think what you're doing is vile and unnatural....

:pac:

Nah, I'm kidding, congrats and best of luck with the whole thing. It's nice to hear somebody achieve something they really want no matter what it is. ;)

In this day and age where all of us are so caught up on how we should live our own singular lives I like to hear personal points on people doing things to achieve their own personal goals. It's the point of utilising the 1 life we have; no matter what roads we take to do it, go do what makes you feel good about yourself.

Kudos to you, Links234, you've more balls than me :pac:

thanks ;)
    Xivilai wrote: »
    You'll also have to squat while you pee, no sinks for you :eek:
    not gonna make any difference, I sit to pee anyway, much more comfortable that way
    Do the hormones affect your penis? Like not being able to get hard, unable go ejaculate or reduced size.
    yes, hormones do effect your genitals. they'll even start to smell different from what I've heard.
    he looks more intelligent as a woman; what are we to gather from this
    who looks more intelligent?

Dustin Hoffman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

though no, I'm not celebrating, I need to save money now ;)

How much does the whole deal cost Links, if you don't mind me asking? I mean from start to finish, HRT, surgery, the lot?

(Btw I think your posting on here has probably done a lot for trans-gender people in Ireland. So fair play for that. I don't mean the stuff you post up about trans stuff btw, more the fact that you just come across as a pretty cool person and aren't too overly defensive (although you have had your moments:D) and have a sense of humour about it all.

Not that the stuff in relation to the whole situation hasn't been educational. Has certainly made me do a complete 180 in regards to how I view transexuals. A year or two ago there was a thread on here on the topic and looking back on what I said I was so comfortably ill informed it isn't even funny. More than likely other people on here feel the same as well. So that's probably something to be slightly proud of.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Believe me when I tell you I'm not trying to take the piss here. But I thought the lyrics of White Shadows from Coldplay were appropriate for this thread - if it succeeds, well and good - if not, I'm sorry! :(

"White Shadows"

When I was a young boy I tried to listen
    And I wanna feel like that
    Little white shadows, blink and miss them
    Part of a system I am

If you ever feel like something's missing?
    Things you'll never understand
    Little white shadows, sparkle and glisten
    Part of a system plan

All this noise, I'm waking up
    All the space I'm taking up
    All this sound is breaking up

Ohhhh...

Maybe you get what you wanted
    Maybe you stumbled upon it
    Everything you ever wanted
    In a permanent state

Maybe you'll know when you see it
    Maybe if you say it, you'll mean it
    And when you find it, you keep it
    In a permanent state
    A permanent state

When I was a young boy
    I tried to listen
    Don't you wanna feel like that?

We're part of the human race and
    All of the stars and the outer space
    We're part of the system plan

All this noise, I'm waking up
    And all the space, I'm taking up
    I said I cannot hear you, you're breaking up

Maybe you get what you wanted
    Maybe you stumbled upon it
    Everything you ever wanted
    In a permanent state

Maybe you'll know when you see it
    Maybe if you say it, you'll mean it
    And when you find it, you keep it
    In a permanent state
    A permanent state

Swim out on a sea of faces,
    The tide of the human races,
    An answer now is what I need.

See it in a new sun rising
    See it break on your horizon
    Oh, come on love, stay with me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭KurtRussel

This is the strangest thread I've ever seen on boards... I suppose it's a sign of the 21st century! Best o luck.

strobe wrote: »
    How much does the whole deal cost Links, if you don't mind me asking? I mean from start to finish, HRT, surgery, the lot?

(Btw I think your posting on here has probably done a lot for trans-gender people in Ireland. So fair play for that. I don't mean the stuff you post up about trans stuff btw, more the fact that you just come across as a pretty cool person and aren't too overly defensive (although you have had your moments:D) and have a sense of humour about it all.

Not that the stuff in relation to the whole situation hasn't been educational. Has certainly made me do a complete 180 in regards to how I view transexuals. A year or two ago there was a thread on here on the topic and looking back on what I said I was so comfortably ill informed it isn't even funny. More than likely other people on here feel the same as well. So that's probably something to be slightly proud of.)

wow, thank you so much, I dunno what to say to that :o but thank you

don't really wanna mention cost if that's ok, and I'm not saying whether I'm going for surgery or not. I know that sounds kinda evasive, but it's like, I think that when it comes to transgender people media focuses obsessively on the surgical aspect to the exclusion of all else. so I kinda don't want to talk about that, I don't think that surgery makes you a man or a woman, who you are as a person is more than your junk, and what makes the body physically male or female is way more to do with hormones. your genitals don't define who you are. you know what I mean?

but in a general sense, surgery can range in price depending on where you get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Kudos to you, Links234, you've more balls than me :pac:

She has more balls than you, but wants less balls than you. :D

Again, fair play Links.. you the man you go girl!

I'm very open minded about everything & very accepting of all things, but I have to say that your openness about this has been a real eye opener for me as it's something I know very little about.

Kudos to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Just a genuine question, if Links234 is very humble and doesnt mind the bit of banter and slaggin as shes happy out why does a mod? for gods sake.....nothing else to do in life but live on the dole it sounds from my perspective.

Congrats Links x :)

what makes the body physically male or female is way more to do with hormones.

absolutely. and in my view yer essentially there, imo.

just remember my stance on unwarranted advances, ok?! particularly where one does such a mean turn as a woman. to an extent.. n then we will get along just fine. y'know if you were a lesbian it'd be waaay cooler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Congrats Links, and fair play for being so open and candid about it.

Whenever I see transvestite or transgender people out in public (which is reasonably often, I'd be in the gay clubs & bars quite a bit), I always admire the balls courage it must take to do that and just be the person you want to be.

Fair feks to ya Links.. I remember readin some of your stuff before. At least you have a backup career in Bangkok now :P

absolutely. and in my view yer essentially there, imo.

just remember my stance on unwarranted advances, ok?! particularly where one does such a mean turn as a woman. to an extent.. n then we will get along just fine. y'know if you were a lesbian it'd be waaay cooler

essentially there? I only started treatment yesterday, and that's just for the testosterone blocker, I have to go back in a couple of months to get an estrogen prescription. it'll take a long time before my body changes significantly.

I am a lesbian though

oh? great; not gay! that is, gay as opposed to lesbian.. when two men kiss..

woo-hoo! phew.. :rolleyes: apologies

you're an odd one Metallitroll

that's rich, you're minted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

hey links , this thread has worked out well for you:)

Post of the day

hondasam wrote: »
    hey links , this thread has worked out well for you:)

Post of the day

:eek:

OMG!!!!

• Advertisement

OMG!!!!

did you not know ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

OMG!!!!

Admit it, you were only thankswhoring. :D

I think we might need pics for proof :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

The old 'pretend you are moving onto the next stage of gender re-assignment and post about it' switcharoo? A classic. :D

oi..pft.. linksy. help a brother out; you do not fancy men whatsoever? in our natural state.. of course. undiluted; pure. the essence offf men...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

the essence offf men...

Is that similar to the stench of desperation? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

strobe wrote: »
    The old 'pretend you are moving onto the next stage of gender re-assignment and post about it' switcharoo? A classic. :D

Yup, oldest trick in the book.

face1990 wrote: »
    Is that similar to the stench of desperation? :D

sort of; desperate to coax out the truth!! finality.. *ahem*.. rather

sweet clarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Best of luck with it Links

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bourgeois

Posts of the day normally make me laugh. Actually, this one made me laugh as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement