Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

davyjose wrote: »
    How do you make a hormone?

Rub her tits!

:eek:

Oh - that's right - after hours - I forgot! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    What a selfish attitude tbh, stringing a man along like that before dropping the bombshell and telling him the truth about the relationship.

Tell him in the beginning and let him decide if thats the type of relationship he wants.
    I've explained at length why that is a baaaaad idea.

'night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Keep it on topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

liah wrote: »
    Violence, pedophilia and transgender are not comparable so I'm not even going to bother with that.

What are those reasons? Again, can you give me any objective, rational reasons?
    I never said they were comparable, you said a persons history wasn't relevant and cited things like depression.

So a persons history is relevant now?

It depends entirely on why those pretenses were created. If they were created to protect the safety of the person I had come to love, I would very much like to believe I would be understanding of them. It may bother me at first but I'm a pretty level-headed and rational person when it comes to putting things into perspective. I wouldn't ruin our happiness together just because my partner had been trying to protect themselves. It seems utterly insane to me to throw away happiness for something like that.
    Would you prefer to know from the beginning? Wouldn't it be better that way? I would certainly prefer to know from the beginning.

What does the fact that you don't want to be in a relationship with a man have to do with a trans woman not telling you about her history?

Oh - that's right - you don't see her as a woman. Trust me - she will, quite early on in the relationship, find a way of finding out if you see trans women as men. And, then she will dump your ass. Quickly. And, you won't be any the wiser as to why.

Win all round!

Actually - lose all round...
    Thats not true, I do, but many people dont and you should take that into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Barbra Streisand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Well if you want to go down this road, what if a man you are with lets drop 6 months down the line that he is a rapist or a pedophile? Or has a history of domestic violence? History still doent matter eh?

Imagine it turned out to be this guy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I dunno, I wouldn't expect transwomen to introduce themselves to guys as transwomen (cause like, in fairness, nobody introduces themselves to people like that, no matter what history you have, you'd frighten everyone off.) However, it wouldn't be something that should wait until a fully-blown relationship has been started either. The guy should know enough about the transwoman and her personality at that stage (in the pre-relationship stage), and his own intentions (children, etc) to make a decision.

Getting a guy into a relationship without telling the guy you're a transwoman would be the equivalent of getting a guy into a relationship and not telling him you have 3 kids imo.

I've explained at length why that is a baaaaad idea.

'night.
    And of course someone you have(in his mind) lied to and tricked for 6 months will of course, never be violent or angry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I never said they were comparable, you said a persons history wasn't relevant and cited things like depression.

So a persons history is relevant now?

It is relevant if it means obvious harm is going to come to a person. It is in no way, shape, or form comparable. It's really that simple.

You still haven't answered my question about whether or not someone who is infertile should be obliged to divulge the fact on the first date.
    Would you prefer to know from the beginning? Wouldn't it be better that way? I would certainly prefer to know from the beginning.

Sure, yeah, it's always nice to know ahead of time, but I wouldn't write someone off for not divulging something incredibly personal and potentially dangerous on the very first date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Imagine being an ashtray, then not being an ashtray.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Keep it on topic please.
    Sorry mate I didnt see that before I replied

Wow, man. :eek: That's like, deep an' stuff!

You still haven't answered my question about whether or not someone who is infertile should be obliged to divulge the fact on the first date. .

I wouldn't care if the girl was infertile on the first date, obviously im not thinking im going to marry the girl only looking for a ride etc. like everyone else, i think a surprise downstairs would be a more immediate concern!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Do you think infertile people are obliged to divulge on the first date? Are people not allowed to adopt? Get a surrogate? Etc. This argument is stupid.

We're not talking about a first date. We're talking about a life choice. there are some men who might not have a problem with this. But there are some who will. what bugs me is the prevailing PC attitude that any guy who has a problem with dating a transgender person is a jerk. Not true!

• Advertisement

/ Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

@liah been infertile is something you might not know yourself so it would be impossible to tell a future partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

:eek:

Oh - that's right - after hours - I forgot! :D

We all have them. Don't take it personal ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

We're not talking about a first date. We're talking about a life choice.

Insofar as one chooses to be gay, yes.

We're not talking about a first date. We're talking about a life choice. there are some men who might not have a problem with this. But there are some who will. what bugs me is the prevailing PC attitude that any guy who has a problem with dating a transgender person is a jerk. Not true!

Read my other posts then. As for the 'guys wanna be dads' thing, it's not a transgender-specific issue so the argument is redundant in relation to the subject at hand. I was responding to Wolfe's statement that a transgender person should say so on the first date and cited incapability for children as a reason, countering by asking him if he would think a person who was infertile (and knew so, for the sake of argument) should have to say so on the very first date as well.
    hondasam wrote: »
    @liah been infertile is something you might not know yourself so it would be impossible to tell a future partner.

For the sake of argument let's just say that I'm talking about people who are knowingly infertile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

fair enough then not on a first date but early enough in the relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Links, PM me if you want to add info here.

Thanks and good luck :)

For Progress reports, see here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement