Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

850watt or 1000watt

Options
  • 05-03-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

lads would a corsair ax 850 be enough to power up 2 x 6970,2x vga coolers, I7 overclocked,ssd and 1 hdd,7 case fans,and a noctua nh-d14 or should I go for the 1000 watt??

Cheers
    Dwighet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

750 should be alright, though it'll probably be at it's limit.

If it was me, I'd get the 1kW, but that's just because I'm PSU paranoid. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Serephucus wrote: »
    750 should be alright, though it'll probably be at it's limit.

If it was me, I'd get the 1kW, but that's just because I'm PSU paranoid. ;)

Im running a 750 xcilence now for one 6970 and its doing the job but I wouldnt trust it with 2 cards...

Im in the same mind as you...better to be looking at it than looking for it...
    The 1kw I will go for....Unless someone can talk me out of it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

*facepalm* I read 750W, not 850... the 850 should be fine. Threw your specs in to PSU Calc and it came out with 817W recommended, and it's usually about 20W over.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

I would say that the 850 should be more than enough, I currently have the same Corsair 850 PSU running an i7 950, H70 watercooler, 2x GTX580's, 6x HDD's, a blue ray drive, dvd drive and a couple of fans without any issue. So I'd say you should be fine with your setup, but if you are really paranoid then go with the 1000w.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Eye wrote: »
    I would say that the 850 should be more than enough, I currently have the same Corsair 850 PSU running an i7 950, H70 watercooler, 2x GTX580's, 6x HDD's, a blue ray drive, dvd drive and a couple of fans without any issue. So I'd say you should be fine with your setup, but if you are really paranoid then go with the 1000w.

Well if running all your goodies on the 850 I should have no hassles with it aswell.........

Thanks for that...Just saved me 40-50 quid:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement