Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise polluting low flying recreational plane.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am an aviation enthusiast & I support the Airshow but I too would find a plane constantly circling to be a nuisance. I very much doubt that it has anything to do with training - circling the same spot isn't going to teach navigation.

There are vast areas of open land within minutes of Galway Airport where one can fly & annoy no one. Also when his engine fails he will be far better off flying over field rather than the City especially as he isn't going to get long to find a landing spot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Well done
    Ref my post above here is the link to the charity jump
    http://www.su.nuigalway.ie/site/view/2417/
    So what? They never asked me would I like a good helping of noise pollution on my otherwise quiet Saturday afternoon, did they? I don't owe them anything.

The only reason to circle would be to gain height. No reason why a pilot can't circle over the sea & then turn onto an Easterly approach. If it's to give the student a good view then fine but don't do enough times to cause annoyance. How long was the plane circling for ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

The engine noise coming off this particular 'plane was extraordinarily loud. It sounded like it was just a few hundred feet high.

Yeah, I noticed that today as well. It didn't ruin my day or anything.
    Question: Does anybody know if there are any limits to the noise a plane can make?
    One of the regular weekend ones out of Galway airport makes a lot of noise.
    It's one of the smaller ones that takes off and lands and circles several times in the space of a couple of hours. (Not the bigger passenger planes)
    Could they put a bit of a silencer on it? :)

I could hear it at various noise levels throughout the day, sometimes the drone would be a good few minutes at a time.
    In fairness it didn't seem to be quite as bad as the guys last year who were definitely just doing laps of the city boundary every day. Today it seemed to come and go, maybe as they went back out to the jump site.

• Advertisement

Jump planes are noisy when climbing on full throttle & the noise seems louder when they circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Quote:

Ref my post above here is the link to the charity jump

http://www.su.nuigalway.ie/site/view/2417/

NUIG! Should have known!
    Lets blame the students and merge it with the Rag Week thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Heard it going around as well today but I have far better things to do on a lovely Saturday than complaining about the noise of a small aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

You just cant please people can you always looking for something to complain about, looking forward to tomorrows jumps at the Airport

Plenty of noise :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Aerohead wrote: »
    You just cant please people can you always looking for something to complain about, looking forward to tomorrows jumps at the Airport

Give me an F22 Raptor, now thats noise.

• Advertisement

Yep but that's a proper noise. I once lived over the favoured flightpath for glider tugs - drives you nuts !.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Back seat modding? They'll love you around here newbie.

Dan would you like to come parachute jumping with me next week? I'll even fix your parachute for you!!!!

Bosco boy wrote: »
    Dan would you like to come parachute jumping with me next week? I'll even fix your parachute for you!!!!
    If you must know, I'll be out there tomorrow "adjusting" a few packs myself.:D

Aerohead wrote: »

Well just keep them to the ****ing airport please then, unless you guys want to jump out over the city centre!

If you must know, I'll be out there tomorrow "adjusting" a few packs myself.:D

FFS.

Steyr wrote: »
    FFS.

Someone else offered to do the exact same to me and you didn't see fit to have a whine about that you double standarded pillock.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

IBTL :D

Who ever is flying around, fair play to ye, I wish there was 50 more like ye. Galway Airport needs all the support it can get in this depressing country. Also I live under the flight path of aircraft leaving Galway and I couldnt give a toss. Unfortunately I had to work today I missed all the commotion :rolleyes:. Anyway moral of the story is, Keep on truckin (flying). More power to ye!! (especially when taking off)... Ill get my coat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

While i'm here..

Dont go on holidays here (anyone with aircraft noise issues), it may cause insanity. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAfQwDizpRo

Someone else offered to do the exact same to me and you didn't see fit to have a whine about that you double standarded pillock.

Attack the post not the poster besides you just made this the most useless Thread of the Month. Ban right there. :P

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote: »
    Attack the post not the poster. Ban right there. :P

Back seat modding. Ban right back at ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

FFS, I can't leave the room for ten minutes...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement