Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sports centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I definitely read it was 6 months free. Maybe that was just pool use, but some part of the centre was supposed to be free for graduates who paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

To be honest, I doubt it's 100% confirmed what graduates are gonna get.

All I knows is I'm kicking up some almight sh!t storm if I get nothing back from the €600(?) I paid for it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

To be honest it's a swiz, given that I paid the student centre levy for my eight years as a student in the place. The attitude at the time from the college and the SU seemed to be that it had to be voted "yes" to at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

I saw posters for Crunch fitness around the college today and it said they will be open until April 2012 ....does this mean the new student centre is not going to be open until then ???

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

I saw posters for Crunch fitness around the college today and it said they will be open until April 2012 ....does this mean the new student centre is not going to be open until then ???

I read that it was postponed until January but it is hardly surprising with construction of that size.
    Why? Do you have some urgent matters that cannot be settled in the old students centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

No..no urgent matters, was just looking forward to the pool opening in January but yeah can understand there will be delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

My current gym membership is up this month so I popped in last week to the current sports centre assuming they'd say the gym would be ready by January at latest. I was told there's another 12 months to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

My current gym membership is up this month so I popped in last week to the current sports centre assuming they'd say the gym would be ready by January at latest. I was told there's another 12 months to go!

So does that mean it won't be ready until like July/August next year? That's crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

is the gym free for undergads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭streings

brownlad wrote: »
    is the gym free for undergads?

It will be yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

streings wrote: »
    It will be yeah

mint

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

brownlad wrote: »
    mint

Although it currently isn't - costs about €160 and isn't the best. :(

But that will hopefully change when the new Student Centre opens!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Does the crunch gym in UCD allow olympic lifting and does it have bumper plates etc?

will the new gym have oly lifting facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Does the crunch gym in UCD allow olympic lifting and does it have bumper plates etc?

You can do what you want there and nobody seems to care but there are no bumper plates in Crunch.
    Only some very old rubber coated plates in kilos and iron in lbs.

will the new gym have oly lifting facilities?

The last official response I received was 'it has not been decided yet'.
    Make of that what you will.

There is a high performance gym with Olympic plates but you need to be a high level UCD athlete to gain access.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Zamboni wrote: »
    You can do what you want there and nobody seems to care but there are no bumper plates in Crunch.
    Only some very old rubber coated plates in kilos and iron in lbs.

The last official response I received was 'it has not been decided yet'.
    Make of that what you will.

There is a high performance gym with Olympic plates but you need to be a high level UCD athlete to gain access

this sort of sucks, so even if you've been doing oly lifts for a while and show them that you know what youre doing they wont let you use it? thats ridiculous.

thanks anyway

Advertisement