Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling a ring?

Options
  • 05-03-2011 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place for this but I'll give it a go, I have a gorgeous white gold ring, and need to know about pawn shops, or jewellers that buy jewellery back? Does anybody know of any? I need to sell it today
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Fyi gold is about 1200 an ounce. Dont be ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

There are pawn shops (that I know of), on -

Capel Street (opposite the end of Mary Street),
    Marlborough Street (opposite and down a bit from the multi storey carpark),
    Thomas Street. you can't really miss it. It's a few doors down from Vicar Street, and has tvs, stereos etc in the window. On the same street, there's at least one place with a big sign outside that says 'We Buy Gold'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

3DataModem wrote: »
    Fyi gold is about 1200 an ounce. Dont be ripped off.

That can't be right,1200 an ounce, I've been looking at an add on the back of a lot of buses lately offering 50 cent a gram for gold. Now that didn't seem that much to me,and a quick google told me (cause I didn't know :() that there are 31.10 grams in a troy ounce,a troy ounce apparently,is whats used to measure gold,. So these people advertising on the back of the bus are offering €15.50 for an ounce of gold when it's actually worth €1200.

Actually,come to think of it,I'm not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

dubtom wrote: »
    So these people advertising on the back of the bus are offering €15.50 for an ounce of gold when it's actually worth €1200..

Yeah but says who?? A poster on Boards? I doubt a pawn shop will give you anything close to an item's real worth anyway, but that's how they make their money..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Yeah but says who?? A poster on Boards? I doubt a pawn shop will give you anything close to an item's real worth anyway, but that's how they make their money..

That's not really the point, nobody expects the real value when they pawn gold or anything else.Even if gold was worth half of 600, offering €15.50 for it is outrageous. I doubt even pawn shops would do that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement