Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ashley young will be gutted

• 05-03-2011 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Snoods to be banned from July 1st.... i dont really see the problem in wearing one in winter when its baltic. But banning them alltogether??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ashley Young will be gutted, but Carlos Tevez will probably hand in a transfer request again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

football conservatives strike again. Im sure the under armour the players wear can be adapted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This has potential to ruin Man City's season before it starts.:pac:

Whatever you think about players being pussies etc what good reason could they have for banning them? Whats next, gloves?

Strange the things the footballing authorities waste their time and resources loking into when necessary issues like diving, goal line technology and video referreeing continue to be ignored. Morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

FIFA, always dealing with the most pressing issues first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's for safety issues. If you grabbed a player who was running you could do damage to their neck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

It's for safety issues. If you grabbed a player who was running you could do damage to their neck.

couldnt u grab their jersey as easy and yank their neck!

Stud on boot will have to be banned as well, if you kicked someone with them you could leave a nasty scratch.

Also fingernails should be a regulation length, the damage you could do by inadvertently scratching someone's face could be career ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No where near the same potential to cause damage. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to ban it, having something that tight around your neck has many potential risks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thankfully Mario has a contingency plan in place -

balotelli-hat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thanks FIFA for taking time out of your busy schedule to go on a jolly boys trip to a multi-million pound resort for a week to discuss whether or not snoods should be allowed.

Perhaps you could tackle issues such as corruption and greed within your own organisation or goal-line technology and incompetent refereeing some time, but not before you go to Barbados for a week next time to discuss whether players should be allowed to wear vests under their shirts :rolleyes:

What a bunch of disgusting pricks.

• Advertisement

No where near the same potential to cause damage. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to ban it, having something that tight around your neck has many potential risks.

I think you have your Liverpool hat on too tight tbh, it has many potential risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Paully D wrote: »
    Thanks FIFA for taking time out of your busy schedule to go on a jolly boys trip to a multi-million pound resort for a week to discuss whether or not snoods should be allowed.

Perhaps you could tackle issues such as corruption and greed within your own organisation or goal-line technology and incompetent refereeing some time, but not before you go to Barbados for a week next time to discuss whether players should be allowed to wear vests under their shirts :rolleyes:

What a bunch of disgusting pricks.

An apology is in order, I think.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

A jersey is essential, a snood isn't.

That's the same thinking as not banning heroin because of alcoholics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

In fairness all they did was just delay a decision they should of made 10+ years ago for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Pauleta wrote: »
    In fairness all they did was just delay a decision they should of made 10+ years ago for another year.

Sounds more like they want to have it perfect before using it properly. If they introduced it without proper testing it could ruin games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

flahavaj wrote: »
    This has potential to ruin Man City's season before it starts.:pac:

Whatever you think about players being pussies etc what good reason could they have for banning them? Whats next, gloves?

Strange the things the footballing authorities waste their time and resources loking into when necessary issues like diving, goal line technology and video referreeing continue to be ignored. Morons.

Amen. What a ridiculous decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

They've some neck making that decision.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sepp Blatter:
    ''Snoods could hang somebody... but rest assured playing the World Cup in 45C temperatures will not result in any problems at all"

Unbelievable! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Dunno why so much is being made about this tbh. Snoods are more dangerous, a player grabbed by a snood would have more force exerted upon him than a player grabbed by his jersey because it's further from his centre of gravity and thus his risk of injury is increased.

As much as I despise FIFA and IFAB, they didn't even discuss snoods. They just had a vote and formalised it. In comparison they probably spent hours discussing goal line tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Who invented the word 'snood'? Is it a combination of words? Who was the first player to wear one?

If someone is injured by having his snood grabbed, then tough sh!t to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

The first place i saw snoods mentioned was here on boards, iv always known them as gaiters. Crazy decision, all its going to do is force sportswear companies to make longer polo necks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm sure they could them using velcro at the sides so thats its a two piece thing and not dangerous but I'm sure fifa would have a problem with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I'll just leave this here....
    4lF12.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Choking Nasri should be legal.

I jest, I jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I'd be willing to bet that the reason they are banned is because they are not manufactured by a FIFA sponsor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'll just leave this here....
    4lF12.jpg

I know it's slightly off topic but that referee was a f*cking cheating c*nt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This is correct. Seemingly there has been a number of incidents in national leagues dotted around Europe, its why the whole thing was brought about, cant remember the exact links but just do a google search it was in a couple of lower tier divisions around Europe, couple of serious injuries.

And they look ****ing rubbish anyway, get a turtle neck under armour shirt, not a bleeding scarf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

TheDoc wrote: »
    This is correct. Seemingly there has been a number of incidents in national leagues dotted around Europe, its why the whole thing was brought about, cant remember the exact links but just do a google search it was in a couple of lower tier divisions around Europe, couple of serious injuries.

And they look ****ing rubbish anyway, get a turtle neck under armour shirt, not a bleeding scarf...

If fairness, if you wear a snood, you deserve it. In fact, dragging a player to the ground by the snood should be perfectly legal, then players would stop wearing them pretty soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Chamakh showed just how pointless snoods are,wearing one while having a short sleeved jersey,at least his neck was warm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement