Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Night Champion - Boards.ie Online Gym

• 05-03-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Hey, anyone else pick up Fight Night Champion yesterday? Getting it soon? The online gym feature is one of many great features of a bloody good game. First impressions and all that jazz are being discussed in the thread on the Games forum, this thread is for Xbox players who wish to join the gym. Ive just set one up, by joining we can have fights that improve each others XP and also form a team and fight other gyms.

So join the gym, and leave a note in here if you do.

The gym is called "Boards ie" and you can find it by going to Xbox Live> Gyms> Search Gym

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

will join once i have the game, should be within the next week-ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

same as

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Just joined there - GamterTag: J7rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

planning on getting this shortly. will join up once I do

just joined up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

just got ea mma for a tenner in xtravision, bored of it after 3 days.This one any good and is there much longevity to it? Got through the last fight night in about 2 days and got fed up of the online about a week later,does this one improve on the game much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

I would be up for joining it too... not that good though, lol so you can all use me for a punch-bag. But will join if its cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I highly doubt there will be any world beaters in the Boards gym, I know im not!

So whats the craic with the gym? When can we schedule rival fights? Are we able to fight each other in a sort of league as well or not? I'm keen to get in there and level up my online fighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

djkeogh wrote: »
    So whats the craic with the gym? When can we schedule rival fights? Are we able to fight each other in a sort of league as well or not? I'm keen to get in there and level up my online fighter.

Every gym starts of with a season ( the gym owner decides what weight class the season will be for eg heavyweight,middleweight or lightweight). In a season you have to fight against every other gym member once. All the stats including the knockouts, duration are tracked. At the end of the season you get to find out who the best fighters in the gym are. There is a very detailed leaderboard. After a seaon ends, thats when you can conduct gym rivalries. You get to muscle it out against other gyms. I guess its a 2 week matchup ( not so sure of this).

Apart from all these you can spar (fight with ur headgear at your local gym) with your fellow gym members. Every time you spar or fight in a league match, your stats are tracked and you earn XP points. These XP points can be used to upgrade (improve stats) of your boxer.

Oh and one more thing, you cant fight with a real boxer in the online gyms,rivalries section. You have to custom create a boxer. You can also take the boxer you used in legacy mode too.

Anyone on the ps3?

• Advertisement

Makes the Gym mode sound even better!! Think it said something like 3 days til Gyms were active when I tried something last night so hopefully come the weekend we can get some fights on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 th3lunatik

this game sounds good im gonna get it tomorrow maybe ill check this gym out

Shiit sorry lads, didnt know I had responsibilities as Gym founder lol. Ill be more active over the weekend, I dont think im any use but it should be good craic.

Yea looking forward to the Gym league and getting a rivalry going. hopefully we can maintain an active league.

We have 6 in the gym at the moment, hoping to get closer to 10 before I start the league, so any stragglers can get in and ill start it Sunday probably. Gonna be a middleweight season first so create your boxers and have them ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

I suck big time at this game ! keep getting knocked out

Beginning to do some serious damage online now. Have my boxer up to lvl 83 and a record of 31-35 29KO.

Dying for some rival fights

That was me you were murdering in sparring yesterday ! any tips lol

Haha, good stuff. Well my fighter was alot stronger than yours but what I was noticing was that you weren't blocking or moving very much. You're not going to last too long if you stand and trade unless you're alot stronger than the other fighter. Try moving in and out. Know how many combo punches you can string together and throw them then back off and move in again to minimise the amount of punches you're taking. Keep the guard up almost the whole time and try to get used to boxing from the guard as it will reduce the damage you will take

Also figure out what kind of fighter you want to be and then focus putting your XP into these specific areas

• Advertisement

Whats the craic with the Gym, Doesn't seem to be many active fighters from Boards around. Most of the medals and wins and losses in the Gym are from me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i tried playing last night but online is very cheap

djkeogh wrote: »
    Whats the craic with the Gym, Doesn't seem to be many active fighters from Boards around. Most of the medals and wins and losses in the Gym are from me :(

Havent done anything with the gym yet, am waiting untill we have 10 people! Ill start the season tonight, hopefully we can get some games done then, but I havent even faught online yet so...

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i tried playing last night but online is very cheap

It is cheap but I relish an encounter with a punch spammer now cause there is no greater pleasure than figuring them out and putting them to the deck.

Key to winning online is staying clear; get in and out real fast. Don't stand and trade. Try to figure out the opponents style. Most people do the same combos or start with the same punch every time they throw. If you can stay alive long enough to figure them out you can win.

Never go in looking for a KO win. Always be playing the long game for a points W. You'll find the KO's will come on their own when you counter effectively and you don't need power shots for them either.

Work the Body. Fighters neglect the body and working on it will have a Power punch Spammer gassed by round 6 or 7 which means he'll crumble easily.

Try not to fight anyone too many skill lvls above you as you will be outmatched. My rule was that Id' fight anyone within 2 levels of me and I'd use my skills to win.

Fought a guy last night who was 3-4 lvls above me. I had him figured and was winning every round but I got greedy and wanted a KD so stood and traded with him. He seemed to have both Hooks maxed so i crumpled pretty easily. Got cocky a few rounds later and did it again and down I went again. Ended up losing what should have been a clear victory because I got greedy for a KO.

Point is you can beat people with much more power than you but you have to play smart and keep moving and keep your stamina up and get theirs down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

just got this today - can I join?

yep, just search for the gym. it's called boards ie and has an abbreviation of BRDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Borrowed this off a friend. He doesnt have online and hes pretty bored of it so good for me I suppose.

Played a few fights online but im getting knocked out constantly. Most people seem to just use the one punch. One guy just right hooked constantly and with the one he connected with he knocked me out straight away!

Im terrible at the game but would be a bit of craic to join this gym.

Is the only way to get xp points by fighting other guys online ??

yea you get the xp for every fight, you get XP for sparring in the gym and any of the gym league fights or rival fights with give xp without affecting you OWC ratings.

I'm up to level 8 in the OWC rankings and the quality of fighter is alot better as you move up the rankings. The 1 punch spammers don't get too far as they level up so I don't come across them much now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

the gym doesn't seem to be too active? :(

Iv a couple of questions if anyone can help out.

1. How do I level up my fighter? at the moment its just staying on 1/99. Iv fought 12 fights in OWC and keep pumping my xp into improving my fighter. I started at 78 and am up to 80. My record is 4-8-3KO.

2. How do I deal with punch spammers? I try and get in and get out but its so annoying when one guy is a level 80 overall with a right hook maxed. I boss the fight but he catches me with it twice and its fight over :( even though its the only punch he throws

3. Whats the difference between fighting OWC fights in the gym section and doing so out of the world championship section?

thanks in advance

Advertisement