Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Night Champion - Boards.ie Online Gym

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea it's not the most active at the moment. The rivals we have don't seem to be active either unfortunately so haven't been able to get anything bar the OWC fights and a few sparring sessions going.

It's pretty tough to get up the OWC levels. Ive over 100 fights and am only level 8. It works on a system where your starting score is 500pts. You then gain and lose points for wins and defeats. you level up every 50pts but this still means you need a bit of a streak to get up the levels and with your record as it is I'd imagine you're below 500pts so will need to string a few together to get to 550pts and level 2. Once you gain a level you don't lose it if you drop back down below the pts though.

The punch spammers can be tough at the early levels. I started pumping my stats into improving my chin. This helped against the spammers. But if a guy is spamming the Right hook then be sure you're always moving away from it in a circle around him. Keep the block up and when he throws it lean away from him then counter punch. If you don't have the power to KO him then just go for counters and body punches. He'll be gassed by the 5th or 6th and you should have near 100% stamina so can take him easier then as his punch won't have the power in it.

I don't think theres any difference between where you choose to start your OWC fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

ok things are going better now im up to 7-9-5KO. I think to beat spam punchers you need to become a bit of a spam puncher. e.g. some guy keeps throwing the left hook - I just keep leaning left and counter with my own left hook - he gets knocked out in no time as he keeps missing and ships some heavy punishment.

Lost a good sparring session with djkeogh earlier - we shared a good few rounds but he fought a better fight and KO'd me in the 9th :(

Is there anything I can do wen I get stunned? I try to back up as much as possible but then when I get cornered all I can do is block but that doesnt work very well. I try to clinch but that rarely works. Some guys online always try and throw low blows and headbutts when they are stunned for some reason

That was a good sparring session alright. I was sure we were going to a points decision. That was my first time fighting with my HW fighter so will have to work on him as my MW is where i've invested all my time.

When you're stunned all you can do is back away and try to survive. It's tough going and someone times you'll make it sometimes you won't. Upping your block and chin is the best way to survive. I've never mastered the clinch but when someone does it against me it's nearly impossible to shake them off so might be worth nailing.

The thinking behind the low blow or headbutt is that you're likely to go down and have a 10-8 round anyway so they give away the point through the illegal move as it saves being knocked down as each KD is progressively harder to get up from. They will eventually be DQ'd if they keep doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 th3lunatik

had my first go of the game last night and was playing till about 3am :) its tough at the start but im getting in to it now im goin to give online a go tonight

Online is tougher, especially before you level up.

MikeyT any chance of starting the league aspect of the gym so we can fight for real and not have to just have Sparring sessions. The gym aspect is one of the great things about the online but we've not really touched on it at all yet. Also in terms of the Rival Gym. Is this a randomly selected thing or do you get to choose? Never anyone from our Rivalry online as I'm dying to lay down the challenge and bring glory to the Boards IE Gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ill start the gym tonight at around 11.45.

nice to have the Gym league started. Cheers. I've lost and won a fight already. I'm on at some stage each night so if anyone wants a league fight just send me over an invite.

I've not fought with my lightweight fighter online outside the gym at all yet. Focusing on getting the OWC rating of my Middleweight up at the moment.

Are we able to manually start another Rivalry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No, i looked at the rivalry thing and it had no option to choose, will give it another look.

As for the league, I think everyone plays everyone once, then the top 4 go into a tournament to determine a champion. Should be some craic, if lads arnt doing their fights I can manually determine winners and people who advance etc..

Get brawling!

Any interest in trying to arrange a time where we can all try and meet up and bash through the league fights. It's a good aspect to the online and would be great to get everyone on fighting for an hour or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

djkeogh wrote: »
    Any interest in trying to arrange a time where we can all try and meet up and bash through the league fights. It's a good aspect to the online and would be great to get everyone on fighting for an hour or 2.

Can you be a member of more than 1 gym? I'd like to be a member of a few gyms

• Advertisement

No tis only 1 gym at a time unfortunately. This gym was never active anyway so you're better off where you are.

Advertisement