Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Spaces in City Centre?

Options
  • 05-03-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm looking for a quiet place to study around the city centre. I usually go to Pearse Street Library but it has been full the last few times I tried to get a place. Is there any place similar? Preferably with a set-out study area like Pearse Street.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Any DIT should have a library there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 t9106

that wouldn't be open to people who don't attend DIT, would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Bobjims

The library in the Ilac centre is good for study.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

The National Library is brilliant IMO. Its easy to get a membership, I got one with my student card. It is easier to get it with a postgrad card. If you are a postgrad you can get an ALCID card which allows you access to any college library in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 t9106

Thanks I'll try those places sometime. The national library, can you apply for a study card if you are under 18? (I'm just studying for the L.C)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

The Ilac library is perfect for this. During the day, the kids section is pretty quiet. It's really great for a nice time relaxing.

Advertisement