Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Sunderland - Setanta Ireland 15:00

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Robbed by the ref and the linesman. A good goal disallowed and a clear penalty not given.
    Ad that we hit the bar and the Sunderland goalie produced a man of the match display.... not our day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

PHB wrote: »
    Huge result. Fairly unjust for Arsenal, ref did them out of it.

One thing I've never understood though is at the end there. It went to 94 minutes before the corner was taken. While the ball is out of play, does that count as time stopped? It went out at about 93:58 or so. Play didn't end until like 94:20. If it had gone out for a goal kick, would it also have been extended?

Referees are playing as big a part in this run in as players and managers,officials are outdoing themselves this season in terms of bad decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    How dare you.

There was a bunch of lads in here working our absolute bollox off to jinx that game, and you credit the result to poor refereeing?

Jog on, that was all mystical jinxing powers. Fúcking exhausted now :mad:

bowing2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

Ah fuck it anyway! Really should have gotten something from that game.

Just a shame Liverpool stand absolutely no chance of getting anything from the match tomorrow:p

Why not? United have no real defence with Vidic and Rio out. Those are good odds of Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

daithijjj wrote: »
    The injury time is a 'minimum' mins number. ref could have played 4 mins 59 if he wanted.

Plus any time during the injury time which needs to be added on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Two chances, Bendtner and Chamakh missed both. Clinical finishing is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Jesus F*cking Christ, how did we not win that game?! :mad: How that wasn't a peno for Arshavin is bad enough but then when he was ruled offside when he clearly wasn't! No luck at all what so ever, Sunderland only had one good shot it was a cracker from Welbeck and also a great save from Szczesny. Mignolet actually had the game of his life! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Why do keepers become invincible against Arsenal? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Two chances, Bendtner and Chamakh missed both. Clinical finishing is needed.

Arshavin was pretty clinical at the end. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Why not? United have no real defence with Vidic and Rio out. Those are good odds of Liverpool.

Nope not a chance. United will steamroller them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pauleta wrote: »
    You dont win titles with your best players constantly injured. Fabregas, Van Persie and Walcott will always be injury problems..

You do if your squad is good enough. Rio, Anderson, Valencia, Owen, Park and Hargreaves out for United. Giggs was missing for nearly two months (Oct and Nov) this season. Rooney missed 6 PL games in a row

I see the title going to United or Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mignolet is actually a very good keeper he's performed really well all season when Gordon has been out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

huge performance from the lads today,they really are a credit,they worked their socks off,they all deserve the MOTM award.

btw,im talking about the united fans here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

once again we see how fine lines often dictate things in football.

if the linesman had got one decision correct, Arsenal win.

it's just the way this shít goes.

one thing though, Bendtner needs to stop thinking he's Bergkamp and hanging outside the box. too many times the ball gets wide and there's nobody to aim at, because him or Arsh are scratching their balls. it's a big reason why VP and Walcott are so important.

United fans can only properly celebrate if they don't lose tomorrow. if that happens then it's probably not in Arsenal's hands anymore seen as United have +5 goal advantage over them. if United win, i sense it's a long way back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

SlickRic wrote: »
    United fans can only properly celebrate if they don't lose tomorrow.

Au contraire, I'm sure there's a bottle of tequila in a club somewhere that in about 8/9 hours time can testify that I did, in fact, properly celebrate!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Unlucky to Arsenal as I thought they deserved to win but I'm obviously delighted with the draw as it halts our losing run and keeps us in contention and ahead of Newcastle.

Arsenal should have had a penalty when Arshavin was pushed over and I don't think he was offside either. I won't complain as I do feel we've had our fair share of decisions go against us this season but it goes back to what I've been banging on about all season - the standard of refereeing in the Premier League is a joke and something has to be done about it. No doubt we'll have a decision go against us in our next game and it's that inconsistency which is destroying the game.

From our point of view I thought Mignolet was superb as he has been all season when he has been called upon. It says something when he's not even 1st choice but is up there near the top with goalkeepers on the clean sheets kept statistic this season. He's only a kid and was thrown in at the deep end this season so fair play to him, he hasn't let anyone down. Bramble and Mensah were excellent for the most part and I thought Gyan did fairly well up front on his own. I'm delighted Welbeck is back as he showed what we've been missing these last few weeks during his brief cameo.

It's great to stop the losing run and with a week off next week hopefully we'll have Welbeck flying fit and Cattermole and Campbell back in contention too for Liverpool.

Good luck to Arsenal for the rest of the season and in the Champions League. I'd love to see them beat Barcelona!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

SlickRic wrote: »
    once again we see how fine lines often dictate things in football.

if the linesman had got one decision correct, Arsenal win.

it's just the way this shít goes.

one thing though, Bendtner needs to stop thinking he's Bergkamp and hanging outside the box. too many times the ball gets wide and there's nobody to aim at, because him or Arsh are scratching their balls. it's a big reason why VP and Walcott are so important.

United fans can only properly celebrate if they don't lose tomorrow. if that happens then it's probably not in Arsenal's hands anymore seen as United have +5 goal advantage over them. if United win, i sense it's a long way back.
    People should get over the **** ref decisions. Lets focus on Bendtner and Chamakh. Both had good chances and both missed. No excuse for Chamakh. He had the game on the end of his head and frankly, he made a right arse of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I really hope that this time tomorrow Ars will stay a point closer to utd!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Was hoping ye would get the win today and put the pressure on United but to be honest I reckon United will win it, even if they are beaten tomorrow.

Arsenal drop too many stupid points, United as much as I despise them will win the league with one of their worse sides ever.

Its not like last year where Chelsea were winning every week putting United under serious pressure. This Arsenal team are not very consistent when under pressure week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

:D

I think one or two on this thread might have been robbing from the cafe

Well, job done I suppose, no complaints!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

KeithAFC wrote: »
    People should get over the **** ref decisions. Lets focus on Bendtner and Chamakh. Both had good chances and both missed. No excuse for Chamakh. He had the game on the end of his head and frankly, he made a right arse of it.

Yeah fully agree here, wasnt unlucky that Chamakh hit the crossbar because he quite simply had to score from that position, thats one of his strengths as well. Thought Bendtner was pretty poor today as well, I think that in the summer a top class striker is needed as sadly we cant rely on V.Persie to stay fit all season. I think thats our number one priority over anything else.

Oh and fair play to Woj for pulling that save off from Welbeck, is the sign of a good keeper to pull off a save like that, having had nothing to do all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

amacachi wrote: »
    Lack of cards for Sunderland is ridiculous.

I'm sending one in the post to them Monday morning.

Get in!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Wenger says he is "too disgusted" to talk about the decisions that didn't go his team's way today.

He must have seen it this time then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wenger says he is "too disgusted" to talk about the decisions that didn't go his team's way today.

He must have seen it this time then.

Wahey, I see what you did there, funny guy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That joke was quite funny a few years ago.

While there has been a lot of talk about bad officiating decisions, let us not forget that Denilson and Diaby were rubbish. The team only really got going when both were subbed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Funnyily enough, I was gonna post during the week about how I felt Arsenal never get the fair rub of the green from the refs, but held off thinking everyone would just call me biased. But there ya go...

Anyway, really really annoyed at that result right now. How did nobody see Bramble's absolutely ridiculous push on Arshavin as he's shooting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Galvasean wrote: »
    That joke was quite funny a few years ago.

While there has been a lot of talk about bad officiating decisions, let us not forget that Denilson and Diaby were rubbish. The team only really got going when both were subbed off.

Why does denilson never get injured the useless prik.
    Hes not fit for the reserves. Wenger is a genius.
    How can he not see what the rest of us do?

Advertisement