Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making things go 'viral' on Facebook

Options
  • 05-03-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

What's the best way to make a link go viral on Facebook?

Let's say I share a link to a pic with all my 100 friends. 4 of my friends (friend A,friend B, C and D) click "like".

Does this mean all the friends of these 4 friends (who aren't my friends) will see "friend B like's nodgienodge's link" etc then if they click "like" their friends will see it too (and get a link to nodgienodge's fb profile) even though they're a friend of a friend of a friend?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

Does this mean all the friends of these 4 friends (who aren't my friends) will see "friend B like's nodgienodge's link"

Kinda - but it only means it is possible for them to see it - not will!! It will most likely be drowned out in the news feed by more "important" status updates and photos from the 3rd parties actual friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭nodgienodge

AMPSound wrote: »
    It will most likely be drowned out in the news feed by more "important" status updates

"more important" in the Facebook world usually means less important in the real world :D

Advertisement