Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest internet provider in waterford

• 05-03-2011 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me what the cheapest internet provider in the city is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

fixed line or mobile?

fixed line: mainly two choices, eircom or upc, eircom or up to their necks in debt though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

upc.

stay away from mobile broadband or if you really have to go for it return it within 14 days if its slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

upc.
    8meg and take the phone basic package or they will charge you 8 euro i think for not having phone or tv and the phone is 6 euro so you save 2 euro there and analog is still broadcasting so ...you get 3 for 2 and you save 2 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

got a loan of a meteor dongle off a mate as my upc connection is off since last tuesday cause of a fault and to be honest i cant see any difference between the dongle and fixed line so far,,same speeds and can watch youtube with no lag,,only thing is i cant play me xbox online or do i kno how long it takes to download something,,and im city out skirts too for location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My friend lives in Tramore beside the church, We tried every mobile dongle the best we got was 58k, yes k as in dial up. I was shocked how slow it was we tried the meteor one in ferrybank and Sumerville before we returned it, same story.....

So in the end she got Eircom as there is no UPC broadband in tramore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

depends on how close you are to a transmitter and of course the contention rate (how many are using it at the same time)
    Been very luck with Meteor here and mast just the road. Sometimes even get 4mb d/L speeds.

I'm downstairs in the kitchen at the mo and getting this.

1189178332.png

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

I use UPC for last 4 years and can't complain. Just two or three major breaks in the service over that period and the speed is great.
    Was using 3 Ireland mobile internet for a while on my laptop, the speed was OK (but noticeably slower than UPC's fixed line) but the usage limit would be restricting in my case and quite heavy use.
    I have 8MB connection and sometimes it downloads 1GB files in just 30min.

1189212669.png

Advertisement