Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need a thread for the fun side of parenting.

Options
  • 05-03-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

Here is my addition to this therad.

The Series of photos are called Mila's DayDreams

Superpink
    superpink-550x412.jpg

Elephant Rider
    elephantrider-550x412.jpg

Space Mila
    spacemila-550x412.jpg

Imaginary Friend
    imaginaryfriend-550x412.jpg

Candy Land
    candyland-550x412.jpg

Giant Baby Attack
    giantbabyattack-550x412.jpg

Rock Star
    rockstar-550x412.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Surfing Baby
    surf-550x412.jpg

Bunny
    bunny-550x412.jpg

LoveReligion
    lovereligion-550x412.jpg

Cotton Candy
    http://www.fubiz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/cottoncandy-550x412.jpg

Juggling Baby
    bb1-550x421.png

Mermaid
    mermaid-550x412.jpg

Little Ray of Sunshine
    littlerayofsunshine-550x447.jpg

Snowman
    snowman-550x412.jpg

Rain of Roses
    rainofroses-550x403.jpg

Butterfly
    butterfly-550x412.jpg

http://www.fubiz.net/2010/07/27/milas-daydreams/

I am going to keep this going.

I have two really happy kids at the moment. They get so much toys at Xmas that I put a few of them in the attic. I gave them one each today - and they are so happy.

My 9 year old has a robot thingy that is driving around the house trying to kill him. The robot part has AI and who kills the other three times wins, very cool. And the five year old, who has just started school, is spelling words with Winnie the Pooh. And she is loving it.

They are in great form downstairs. I'll leave it now another few months before I give them another one :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I am going to keep this going.

I have two really happy kids at the moment. They get so much toys at Xmas that I put a few of them in the attic. I gave them one each today - and they are so happy.

My 9 year old has a robot thingy that is driving around the house trying to kill him. The robot part has AI and who kills the other three times wins, very cool. And the five year old, who has just started school, is spelling words with Winnie the Pooh. And she is loving it.

They are in great form downstairs. I'll leave it now another few months before I give them another one :p:p

Arent kids just great :) Your pics are lovely. Pity they ahve to grow up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Did you do those photo's yourself OP? They are amazing.

My lad (almost 9) is as happy as Larry once he has a football. We are blessed that he can play on our road and has been out since early today..football, the cheapest sport on earth when you've a young boy:D

This same boy didn't kick a ball until last summer...so for now, the fun I get from parenting is watching him as he completely believes he will play for Man U any day now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Fittle wrote: »
    Did you do those photo's yourself OP? They are amazing.

My lad (almost 9) is as happy as Larry once he has a football. We are blessed that he can play on our road and has been out since early today..football, the cheapest sport on earth when you've a young boy:D

This same boy didn't kick a ball until last summer...so for now, the fun I get from parenting is watching him as he completely believes he will play for Man U any day now:D

Mine is 14 and still believes he will play for Man U lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Fantastic photos. Thats like art.
    Queen-Mise wrote: »
    My 9 year old has a robot thingy that is driving around the house trying to kill him. The robot part has AI and who kills the other three times wins, very cool. ....

ooh I'd love to know what this is, sounds brilliant. I can only die by light sabre so many times.

BostonB wrote: »
    Fantastic photos. Thats like art.

ooh I'd love to know what this is, sounds brilliant. I can only die by light sabre so many times.

The photos are not mine - I found them yesterday whilst lost on the internet :rolleyes::rolleyes: Here is the link again for it - it was on the end of the second post. http://www.fubiz.net/2010/07/27/milas-daydreams/

I'll check the name of the toy for you tomorrow it is very cool, the box is outside. They are two parts to it. The gun that my son holds & then the robot. The robot has wheels and flies around the place - it tries to shoot you & you shoot it. The robot has artificial intelligence and can find the gun wherever you are in the room. My son had so much fun with it today. You have to shoot the robot 4 times to win a round (3 rounds) and the last shot has to be head on. I'll say it will kill batteries - but worth it, it is a great toy

In defence to myself - I am on a bit of an internet frenzy at the moment. But this link has dogs & kids :D:D That is a definite Win/Win

http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2010/04/the_sweetest_thing/

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

They're super pics, such fun! Thanks for sharing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Chuchu wrote: »
    They're super pics, such fun! Thanks for sharing :)

+1! Great pics. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Some thing that made me smile as a parent was ...there was a documentary on RTE called the naked election the other night....Luke ming Flanagan father was asked was he proud of his son and he said something like.. twenty years of tormenting his parents and I am still proud of him. In a way that sums up a lot about parenting even though its very trying at time they are still your children and you love no matter what.

My five year old daughter told me today girls have bubbles. It is only boys who fart. :D:D:D You have got to love the logic of this. Girls are all princesses - they couldn't do something crass like fart :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Absolutely love the photos what a wonderful idea. I wish I had thought of something like this when my daughter was younger! Great to look back on years later! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭positron

Our 9 week old girl loves to talk - well, talk as babies do that is. It's nonstop cooing littered with strange sounds here and there, and everyday she comes with a new sound that she has never done before. She goes on like that for about 20 mins with her mother. It's amazing to see how a newborn transforms into a little person so fast..!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i love it, my 20 month old has just learned how to say 'i love you' nothing melts your heart faster then your child telling you they love you. never felt so happy before in my life! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

i love it, my 20 month old has just learned how to say 'i love you' nothing melts your heart faster then your child telling you they love you. never felt so happy before in my life! :)
    Isn't that just the cutest thing ever. My little man says "I bub oo mammy".

He will be 2 next month and he came downstairs on Saturday morning to see the garden covered in snow. He put his two hands on the window and said "Oh Santa!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

My nearly 3 year old who has a speech delay (but catching up nicely now :D) has managed to tell me that santa is a burglar who steals everything from Christmas trees and everything else my son can't be bothered to find. He is helped by daddy ( who died) and he wears a blue hat.

Thats what happened when heaven and santas sleigh are both in the sky.........I did say that santa took the christmas tree in January :o......I have no idea where the blue hat came from :confused:

baby-weight-lifter-big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

funny_kids_001.jpg

Wise%20Guy.jpg

1212200863813AMfunn3y.jpg

OK this is brilliant. The difference between an adult & child's perspective of the world..

http://www.mediadump.com/hosted-id200-kids-see-things-differently-than-adults.html

kids-see-big-army-men.jpg

kids-see-big-wheel.jpg

kids-see-box.jpg

kids-see-classroom.jpg

kids-see-doctor.jpg

• Advertisement

Some more of them: some of these are so true - I love the kissing one :rolleyes::rolleyes:

kids-see-food.jpg

kids-see-hallway.jpg

kids-see-kiss.jpg

kids-see-shirt.jpg

kids-see-sword.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

^ Kids are wise. They see through the BS dont they?

I love some of these - the sentiment behind them is so true. This below one has happened me a few times with my kids :o:o;)

Random-Funny-Pictures-Part-117_30-550x446.jpg

If you have an interest in sci-fi or fantasy books (which I do) here is a link to a web page with the 80 greatest science fiction books for kids. It is sorted into general ages. Will take a look at these myself & see if the library has any.

http://www.onlinecollegesanduniversities.net/blog/2011/the-80-greatest-science-fiction-books-for-kids/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I see the pic with the shirt and tie, funny thing is my boys love shirts and one loves shirts and ties, my son has a choice between a school track suit or a school uniform with a polo shirt or with a shirt, he will always go for trousers and shirt, he hates the track suit and polo shirt. most of th ekids at the school go in the track suit there are only a hand full that wear the full school uniform.

Advertisement