Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any websites where I can download irish trad music?

Options
  • 05-03-2011 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

Where can I download some good irish trad music for my ipod? Would prefer a bulk download of a few songs and not do it one by one. Also any irish trad radio stations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

have you tried looking on itunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭wavehopper1

I'm also interested in an answer to this question.

The problem with iTunes is that the Search often doesn't find titles as gaeilge, when I actually know that the song is on an album that I end up finding by browing various artists. I guess the cause of this is that trad titles often vary, I mean there can be different titles for the same song, also spelling between the different dialects.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SteveSilverhead

Also any irish trad radio stations?

Try the "Traditional Celtic" channel on Accuradio.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

If you are willing to pay for them try here

http://www.irishtradtunes.com/www/catalog/index.php

only downside is you have to buy the whole album.

(no connection)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Are there particular groups that you're looking for? Or a particular style of music? 'Good Irish trad music' is a bit vague. Are you looking for tunes or Dubliners style stuff? ie. ballads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Are there particular groups that you're looking for? Or a particular style of music? 'Good Irish trad music' is a bit vague. Are you looking for tunes or Dubliners style stuff? ie. ballads

Really just jigs, reels, that kind. But any trad will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭grymreepor

try isohunt, its fairly broad in spectrum but seek and thou shall find.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Mod snip - no talk of illegal music downloads thanks :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Lets keep it all legal boys and girls - pay for your music.

• Advertisement
Advertisement