Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate Beach Car Park Theft

Options
  • 05-03-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi All, i just want to bring to your attention the rampant thieving that is happening around the car parks of the seaside hotel in Donabate. I went for a walk on the beach today and parked in the car park labelled " New Car Park". I had a really nice walk and decided to walk back to the car.

Once i got back to the car i drove off and shortly pulled in to the local garage where i was getting my wallet to pay for petrol...... NO WALLET. I was convinced i had left it in the dashboard so...... i went back to the car park to find that THREE CARS had been broken into, all within the space of a half hour.

A couple rang the guards and the shortly arrived with no look of shock on their face. The Guards informed us that they are having to be called out to these car parks everyday, EVERYDAY and that they can't catch the thieves because their is no CCTV. If this is happening EVERYDAY then why not leave a sign saying there is THIEVES IN OPERATION. Instead Donabate continues to lose visitors due to a few scummers that are having a laugh.

Be Careful with your possessions down there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Always be careful with your possessions regardless of where you are.

Never leave valuables in your care, especially not within sight.

How did they get access into your car? If you only realized your wallet was missing at the filling station I assume you left the door unlocked.

If the cops know about the problems and are called out every day, why don't they set a trap and catch these bastards red handed?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Carrollj

Hi T, the wallet was inside the glove department so it was well hidden. The cops told us that these guys are watching people in the car park so they knew exactly where it was. They managed to pick the lock to get into the car and now the lock is f****d.

"If the cops know about the problems and are called out every day, why don't they set a trap and catch these bastards red handed?"

That's exactly my point, this is happening everyday so why not put a couple of ideas together and catch them. Makes no sense to me at all. Lesson learned!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

is this during daylight hours?, wouldnt take much to catch these lads on camera and give the footage to the gaurds, even for the sake of giving them an idea of whos involved. most of these low lifes are known to the gaurds and even a brief description would yeild a result. a reg or a description of their car/van would help too, especially if it was leaving the scene as there are not many ways to get out of donabate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

I walk my dog every day at Malahide Beach and I've seen so many people running around the place looking for their wallets/bags that have been stolen. The amount of people that leave their cars open when they're at the bottle bank in particular amazes me....it seems to happen all the time. I've heard it's kids doing it there that their parents have put them up to it.

Keep your doors locked, don't leave valuables in your car. It's common sense really. No matter where you are there's a chance there's thieves around.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Carrollj

The three cars that were broken into were all locked and valuables were all stored away one lady had her bag in the boot and that was stolen. These guys are sitting waiting in the car park and watching where people are placing their valuables and then they break in.

Yet they haven't been caught

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Another hot spot for thefts is Donabate Cemetry. There have been a few car break ins reported over the last year or so. How low do you have to be to break into someones car when they're visiting a cemetry?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

Shocking behaviour from such thugs.

All ya wana do is go for a walk. And now ya can't even do that in peace without scum invading your personal privacy.

Sorry for the rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

keithrus wrote: »
    Shocking behaviour from such thugs.

All ya wana do is go for a walk. And now ya can't even do that in peace without scum invading your personal privacy.

Sorry for the rant.

It's been nearly two years...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

and that's excusable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

It aint just Donabate. Its like an epidemic at the moment.

Rush south beach is hit every week or two and often a few cars at a time. I have heard of this in Skerries, Ardgillen, Balbriggan, and recently Rush church car park. But cars without alarms are also being done at night time outside houses.

Digital CCTV has come down in price and maybe its time these car parks had camera installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Friends car was done in the car park at Rush athletic recently at about 7 or 8pm.
    Smashed the driver's window in and stole some items.

Guards are looking for some individuals in a black Volvo, they are aware of the identity of the thieves!!

Advertisement