Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamlet, Casablanca and How many miles to babylon?

• 05-03-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Anybody doing any of these?
    I failed the mocks and the comparative really let me down.
    Any have any advice on how to compare these?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭IfUSeekAmy

Couple of posts down from this there's a thread titled: English Comparative - help.

A few posts down there's an essay comparing Babylon & Casablanca. :) - theme of love. Points are good.. Regardless of phrasing, etc.

Good luck. :)

& bump that thread if you wouldn't mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

Anyone know where i can download How many miles to babylon? i'v looked all over google, iso hunt, the pirate bay, etc and i can't find a single download :( the leaving is in less than 2 months now and i really wanna watch it over again... and no i can't ask my teacher for it cause he has it on VHS and i don't have a video player :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

cirx08 wrote: »
    Anyone know where i can download How many miles to babylon? i'v looked all over google, iso hunt, the pirate bay, etc and i can't find a single download :( the leaving is in less than 2 months now and i really wanna watch it over again... and no i can't ask my teacher for it cause he has it on VHS and i don't have a video player :/

It's impossible to get. In fact, I'd like to know where your teacher got it!

Go and read it again or at least get summaries, it's short.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

deemark wrote: »
    It's impossible to get. In fact, I'd like to know where your teacher got it!

Go and read it again or at least get summaries, it's short.
    he ordered it from america... and it is possible to get it but i'm a teen so i hardly ever have money :/ and i tried the summaries and stuff but it didn't have everything... like in my mocks the scene where alex tells alicia he's joining the ranks came up and i didn't know it and i'm not into reading books i'd be able to take in way more information by watching it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

cirx08 wrote: »
    he ordered it from america... and it is possible to get it but i'm a teen so i hardly ever have money :/ and i tried the summaries and stuff but it didn't have everything... like in my mocks the scene where alex tells alicia he's joining the ranks came up and i didn't know it and i'm not into reading books i'd be able to take in way more information by watching it...

You're doing OL then? I think you'll find a lot of people are not "into reading books". However, it has to be done for your LC; it's the novel you're studying, not a film of it. Go back and read it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm doing Hamlet as one of the texts for my comparative. It's not too bad, at least you don't have to go into as much detail as with the main text.

Also, check your local library to see if they have the movies you need, I found films for all 3 of my comparative texts (mind you, one is just a film)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Vaselina2 wrote: »
    your one in casablanca! I'd do her up the bum repeatedly.
    Thank you for confirming that your sex life is imaginary, but really, none of us are interested.

Advertisement