Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zorbing in Waterford

Options
  • 05-03-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hey there, Looking through a few countys in the south east to set this up.

So do you think the people of waterford would go Zorbing.. Let me know, it could be coming soon......:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

For people who dont know thats the big ball ya run around in I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

seanybiker wrote: »
    For people who dont know thats the big ball ya run around in I think.

close, the ones that i have you get strapped into them and rolled down an incline and i also have ones that you three people can get into with a few litres of water and go down a hill.

Great Craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

close, the ones that i have you get strapped into them and rolled down an incline and i also have ones that you three people can get into with a few litres of water and go down a hill.

Great Craic

Most definitly, how much we talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Hells yeah, sounds amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

imagine flyin down coumshingaun in one
    or bunkers
    i want in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

8350978a3e5c9bab75dfca9991f27726.jpg

do oap's get in free :)

They be some craic I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Do you stay upright inside them? It looks mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

there was a place up in tipp doing it years and years ago as i saved there phone number as i heard about it on the ray darcy show one morning when i was working ,this is going back a long time tho and iv just tried the number and it wont ring,looks like savage craic in fairness lol i say its a close as ya can come to been that the hamster in that little ball ya can get them and probaly perfect karma for those who kicked the ball when the hamster was in it lol,,it was also advertised as zogging back then and i just googled zogging now and its not a nice web defination s maybe thats why its called wot it is now

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

They = Awesome
    Can take some hops in them too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Was always mad for a go of this but never seen it in Ireland. I think it'd get a good crowd in Waterford. There are a fair few stag weekends and that in Waterford, as well as the locals. Cost is always a factor of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

There was some festival on in Kerry last year that had zorbing - I was mad to go, but wasn't able to make it - I'd definitely have a go, it sounds like a great work/college activity as well. Just go handy on the prices - I know insurance costs would probably be a big overhead, but at the same time it's not going to get much use if people can't afford it.
    Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bunkers hill anyone >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

I'd give it a go......

Thanks for all the replys, yeah price is one thing we will have to get right from the start. It will depend on the size of the hill we can get, the smaller the hill the lower the price but whatever the lenght we will make sure everyone who turns up will have a good laugh and walk away buzzing!!!
    keep the opinions coming please

Spades

How exactly does it work? I assume you don't roll around and around inside it?

Are those the things that can go on water too?

Would you have a rough idea for price so we can tell ya what we think?

TBH I think it's a great idea.

two people get into it and get strapped in, waist, legs and arms. the people will be facing each other while strapped in . The ball will then free roll down the hill with the people rotating over and over in it. I think he price will be about €10 a go per person with different prices if they want, say one go in the water one and one go in the strapin one. 3 gos maybe €26 per person etc. These balls are not the ones that go on water. they are three meters high and very impressive to look at:eek:

danjo-xx wrote: »
    8350978a3e5c9bab75dfca9991f27726.jpg

do oap's get in free :)

haha dont think so mate

I think €10 is a good price point with a 3 for €27, 6 for €50 kinda thing would get people in there.

I think the make or break for ya will be location. People walking by and seeing it is what you want.

Personally, If you set up tomorrow I'd be there Saturday to give it a go :)

Jurys hill be some laugh. I'd say you would make some money if you get. Good location obviously. We can be testers lol

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    I think €10 is a good price point with a 3 for €27, 6 for €50 kinda thing would get people in there.

I think the make or break for ya will be location. People walking by and seeing it is what you want.

Personally, If you set up tomorrow I'd be there Saturday to give it a go :)

Yeah location is key. Unfortunately if we do it in waterford it will be out of town, prob between waterford and tramore, say butlerstown around that region

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Deffo want to do this :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Now that would be class alright.. you wouldnt need a large hill to be honest, something with say a 8 to 10 degree slope and a long run off at the end would be perfect.. anything more than that and it could get messy.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Yeah location is key. Unfortunately if we do it in waterford it will be out of town, prob between waterford and tramore, say butlerstown around that region

Have you been in contact with the crowd in Laois/Kilkenny that were doing it. Its a few years ago now but they might be able to help with initial setup etc. I think the site is zorb.ie

The biggest prob ya might have apart from location is the public liability insurance. Hopefully it wont be too expensive.

Best of luck with it, and if you get it up and going I'll be there for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Is there any age restrictions on these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

seanybiker wrote: »
    Jurys hill be some laugh. I'd say you would make some money if you get. Good location obviously. We can be testers lol

Plus it could be beamed live on the big screen covering the facade of what was once Jurys/Ard Ri!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Mahon Falls

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Didn't they have something like these on the lake in Tramore.
    maybe they could help regarding setting up / insurance etc

bazual wrote: »
    Have you been in contact with the crowd in Laois/Kilkenny that were doing it. Its a few years ago now but they might be able to help with initial setup etc.

yeah these guys are keeping to themselves the past 10 years with the zorbing franchise for ireland so wouldnt expect much help from them:mad:

• Advertisement

Is there any age restrictions on these?

There will be a height restriction for the strap in balls as the person will have to be fitted into the harness correctly. With the Aqua balls there will be no age restriction.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFeqk33Ufro&feature=related

keep ideas and comments coming.

Thanks

Advertisement