Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zorbing in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

Whats Kilmeading like guys? maybe it would work around that part?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Theres a huge hill out in butlerstown, Just after the orchardstown cross on the cork rd take the next left, albeit, farmland.

Worth a look. any of the farmers around there will tell you who owns the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Out by the The Minaun in Faithlegg would be ideal for it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

south wrote: »
    Out by the The Minaun in Faithlegg would be ideal for it ...

Many a tree ive hit on my bike there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Would there be anything near Tramore racecourse? You'd sure make a mint in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Tramore, especially for the summer would be ideal!

I'd go with Kilmeaden over Faithlegg though as you'd also pick up plenty of people from west county waterford/south tipp/south KK quite easily at that location, whereas Faithlegg is that teeny tiny bit out of the way.

Looks like fun! Best of luck with getting it all set up :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

West town out past Tramore would be another spot, lots of farmland out that way... I dont think you'll have a problem finding somewhere thats good, I think the problem will be with the landowner leaving you onto the land..

Yeah, farmers seem to be afraid of the new. Your opinions on price would be great guys

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bananaface

wow, sounds DEADLY!!! id love to do it. waterford needs something interesting to do

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DR Milly

This would be cool to do. I know several people who would love to give this a go. Hope you can set it up here. :)

• Advertisement

thanks guys once again for all your thoughts. Keep the comments coming in, and when i get set up i will give out a few free go's to some lucky boardies who have commented

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

thanks guys once again for all your thoughts. Keep the comments coming in, and when i get set up i will give out a few free go's to some lucky boardies who have commented

Have you made any progress or is it still just a thought?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Have you made any progress or is it still just a thought?

No its not just a though, i have all the zorb and aqua balls already so land is the final issue, although it seems to be a big issue in waterford, land owners (farmers) seem to be afraid to try something new or those who think about it seem to be still living in the boom times and want silly money for renting a bit of land, greedy f*ckers. Goint to start looking further afield soon enough unfortunately if i cant get anything

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

with your condescending attitude towards farmers I'm not surprised that they won't allow you use their land ..... & not to mention the insurance implications for the farmers if someone were to get injured.

'with your condescending attitude towards farmers I'm not surprised that they won't allow you use their land'

One guy offered me the use of his field for €5000 for four acres for 5 months and another wanted 40% of the profits i make while on his land. I dont have a condecending attitude towards farmers at all. One of my closest friend is a farmer.

My public liability insurance covers anything that happens on the land i would be renting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Any wiggle room with the 40% fella at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

seanybiker wrote: »
    Any wiggle room with the 40% fella at all?
    I'd say he'd want to wiggle away all that 40% and a good chunk of that €5,000 to make it worth while. The zorbing lad is hardly going to be making tens of thousands of Euro with this type of niche business.

It might be a good idea to find land owned by the Council to do the zorbing. They would be better to deal with and would not be looking for a ridiculous cut.

Thanks, i will check that place out. Might have somewhere in butlerstown so hopefully that wont be to far out for people

I think Butlerstown is as good as you're going to get. It's very close to the city in fairness and has good transport links now with the bypass etc. I'm assuming you'd like to be up and running for the summer?

• Advertisement

I'm assuming you'd like to be up and running for the summer?

Yea, we are hoping to get going for the first week in june so hopefully things will work out:)

Yea, we are hoping to get going for the first week in june so hopefully things will work out:)

Great stuff. We might make it a Waterford Boards event if people are interested.

Either way, I'll be out to have a go and when you've the details sorted out, I'll make sure to tell everyone I know as they'll no doubt be mad for a go too.

Great stuff. We might make it a Waterford Boards event if people are interested.
    Sounds like a great plan and the more peolpe that know about it the better ;) ill keep you all informed with the scale as we go along.

Keep comments coming

Hopefully we will have a good summer for this

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

I'm liking the sound of this!

Yeah lots of people seem very interested in something new to do, even if it is only for a few hours:D

should be on the ball soon lads :eek:

should be on the ball soon lads :eek:

Cool. How far along are you now?

hopefully for the middle of june, i will keep the posts coming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

hopefully for the middle of june, i will keep the posts coming

Where is it gonna be set up? :)

Advertisement