Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photobox?

• 05-03-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Anyone have feedback on them? i want to get a canvas or poster wallprint.. wonder is quality good...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lainy2

Ya i have used Photobox alot for photo books, ive had 3 of them made, normal photos printed, and one calender. Ive never had a canvas or wall poster done but judging by the quality of what i hav had done i would definately go with them again. I found them good value, their website is easy to use and they always deliver on time. And once u start using them u get offers via email for free delivery etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

never had a canvas or large poster done with them.

I have used them for large-ish (A4 & a little bigger) prints & found them very good.

Also I have used them for 1 photobook (so far) . I was unhappy with it & contacted them, & they sent me another (much better) with no quibble. They claimed that I had set a 'printer setting' wrong in my account but I think that was an excuse - in any event they responded quickly to my query & replaced it with no hassle.

I would recommend them highly.

- FoxT

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

I got a canvas done with them a year or so ago, it's sturdy and the print quality is very good. Couldn't complain.... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭gerdalt

I have one gripe with them.
    If you upload a lot of photographs, you can't sort them by 'date/time taken'.
    This is what you need to make a time sequenced photobook.
    You can only sort by 'date modified'. Effectively useless.

But the general quality of their stuff is very good, if a bit expensive.

Ger.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I've been using them for prints for a while and the quality is quite good. Just ordered some poster size prints so I'm hoping they are up to their usual standard.

• Advertisement

Got 100 6x4's, an A3 Hardback photobook and a 20x30" poster print off them in the past.

All were great quality and I couldn't really complain to be honest. The price of prints in my local print store means that my use for Photobox is limited, but I do think the quality is great.

Every year, I plan to make an A3 Hardback photobook of my favourite images (I've taken) from the past 12 months. I do this in june, but every July/October they usually run a 2-for-1 on photobooks, so it's possible, if you wait for such deals, that you can really get a bargain on their stuff. Last year I was too impatient, but I still got an excellent book for less than €50.

I find that pretty good value.

I've never ordered canvas stuff off them or acrylic or such so can't comment on it. It's worth befriending them on Facebook, too, as they often put up Facebook-only deals and such.

Advertisement