Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Optic

• 05-03-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

My wife is off home in a few weeks for a holiday. Her folks have broadband to their place via fibre optic. Which gives them an excellent 35mb connection (at peak times!) for a paltry €10 a month........ but thats besides the point.

The fibe optic terminates at a junction box outside the apartment block and then is distributed directly to the PC via an rj45 connection. They log on to the provider with a username and password.

I've an old Belkin wireless router here, would it be possible to connect the incoming line to that. How would I set up the authentication process that is required? The router is a Belkin f5d7231-4.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭JamBur

If this would be more suitable elsewhere than let me know.....

cheers

Advertisement