Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Malware notice

Options
  • 05-03-2011 8:48pm

This should be something the mods/admins should look into. I was about to look at the "Photos That Shook the World" in Cool Vids and Pics when I received the following Malware warning.

malware.jpg

Just thought you should know. I just checked it again and it gave me the same warning - I'm using Google Chrome.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

uTorrent? tut tut

:pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    uTorrent? tut tut

:pac:

Meh, tbh I could've had a lot worse things open :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Meh, tbh I could've had a lot worse things open :p

I know, I was looking/hoping :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks. I'll get the lads to look into that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

This is the offending post, for this image.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks! I've removed that image now.

Darragh wrote: »
    Thanks! I've removed that image now.

Thanks Darragh, checked now and no more warnings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

I think we'll probably need to enforce a whitelist of remote image hosting sites that people can link images from.

It'll have to be interfaced up properly (the image just not showing isn't really a useful experience) but this is only going to happen more frequently. Should have the bonus side effect of image threads not becoming a useless series of blank posts full of thanks after a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Hey ross, can you whitelist imageshack for boards please, so many threads are full of domain not enabled posts.

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Hey ross, can you whitelist imageshack for boards please, so many threads are full of domain not enabled posts.

thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement