Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending a small book to the United States from Dublin

Options
  • 05-03-2011 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I have a small book I need to send to a friend in the USA. It's small enough that I assume it could be sent just like a regular letter. I am wondering how I go about this though. Which kind of stamps do I need and how many? And can I just throw it in to any postbox?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Go to your local post office and hand it over the counter. You will need to fill in a little green label stating the contents and the value.
    A small bubble packet should suffice to package it.
    The nice lady behind the counter will look after if from there on.
    Sticking stamps on wont be adequate as you dont know the weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get a sufficiently sturdy envelope, go to post office, buy stamps, add customs declaration and away you go.

We can't tell you how many stamps as that is rather dependent on weight / size.

www.anpost.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

You will need to fill in a little green label stating the contents and the value.
    Is this always necessary? I was thinking of throwing a few more small items in with the book and I don't really know the value of any of them including the book.

Do they weigh stuff in the post offices? All I need to do before hand is package it and have it ready to go?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, as the postage cost varies with the size/weight of the package.

And yes you have to give an estimated value on the customs declaration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

Okay, thank you for the help. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement