Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's Day

Options
  • 05-03-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey Guys! Just wondering if college is open on Paddy's day can't remember if lectures were cancelled or not last year?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

tazbars wrote: »
    Hey Guys! Just wondering if college is open on Paddy's day can't remember if lectures were cancelled or not last year?!

there is normally no college on paddys day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

mayo_lad wrote: »
    there is normally no college on paddys day :)

Yeahhhh, no labs (more to the point no lab reports!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Why couldn't Paddy's Day be on fri... I've already got thurs off!!
    Suppose that's what i get for gloating about it all semester!! :D

NeirBot wrote: »
    Why couldn't Paddy's Day be on fri... I've already got thurs off!!
    Suppose that's what i get for gloating about it all semester!! :D

Fecking busness / art's students with no hours in college

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Whats the story with having tutorials on that day? Do you have to attend them another day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

I wish I had easy business hours... have a 23hr week :( ... just got lucky wit thursdays :)

Ill be heading out Wednesday night anyway, to wet paddy's head!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

it's a bank holiday...so all classes cancelled...that means tutorials and labs too.

it's a bank holiday...so all classes cancelled...that means tutorials and labs too.

I know that but do you just attend a tutorial on a different day that week?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I know that but do you just attend a tutorial on a different day that week?

That's your own responsibility. I would if I were you. Same applies for labs. If you ever miss a tutorial/lab you can always attend another one in the same week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Anyone know if the library is open Paddy's day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

cee_jay wrote: »
    Anyone know if the library is open Paddy's day?

Not a hope.

Main building will be, I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

I'm in Music Tech. course (Computer Sciences) and I have Thursdays off too. Not just business and arts students ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ScienceChickxx

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Yeahhhh, no labs (more to the point no lab reports!) :D

You still have the same number of labs they just get pushed back ie they run til week 12!!! Lab reports due up paddys day have to be handed in early!

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

You still have the same number of labs they just get pushed back ie they run til week 12!!! Lab reports due up paddys day have to be handed in early!

We have no labs running in week 8, We finished Physics labs this week and General Chemistry 2 are running weeks 10 & 12. Organic Chemistry weeks 9 & 11 So I have no labs again until Tuesday of week 9 :D
    I have completed all my lab reports that are due so far.

Which means I will have some time to study for Maths Mid term in week 10 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Is it true that stables s meant to be great craic?

Seloth wrote: »
    Is it true that stables s meant to be great craic?

the stables is great craic on that day allrite they were dyeing people's hair green there last year for the day

there is always a party atmosphere on campus for the day it's class

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

2 best days excluding xmas days in the Stables for me are Paddys and Arthur Guinness day. Special olympics are doing a lovely lepraucaun competition starting at 12....dressup to win a keg and raffles etc.

http://www.postgrads.ie/events/paddysdayspecialolympics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

the stables is great craic on that day allrite they were dyeing people's hair green there last year for the day

there is always a party atmosphere on campus for the day it's class

I was one of those guys who died his hair last year in the Stables Courtyard. The money was going to charity too, so all for a good cause! Not so much fun turning up 20 mins late for lectures the next day with green paint all down the side of my face, and stinking of drink, but I wouldnt have traded it for the world! and anybody who was at the houseparty which myself, Petee and DJCR threw will testify to that...I'm just sorry I'll be missing it this year!

Mossin wrote: »
    I was one of those guys who died his hair last year in the Stables Courtyard. The money was going to charity too, so all for a good cause! Not so much fun turning up 20 mins late for lectures the next day with green paint all down the side of my face, and stinking of drink, but I wouldnt have traded it for the world! and anybody who was at the houseparty which myself, Petee and DJCR threw will testify to that...I'm just sorry I'll be missing it this year!

ha ha that party was mental alrite it's a pitty your going to be the USA for it
    i'm looking forward to it all ready this year now only to get that dam report done for then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I think DJCR is having that party again this year

• Advertisement

Are lectures etc on Friday or do we have it off? Just Mary I have it off so thought we might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FairyCake89

Special Olympics are holding a "Lovely Leprechaun Competition" (FB search it) people are asked to dresss up and have a bit of craic on stage, ansewer a few questions!!

Its €5 to enter and people are asked to raise €25 also....Winner gets a KEG!!

(Even a few could pool the money!!!)

Special Olympics are running the "DYE YOUR HAIR GREEN CAMPAIGN" again this year, due to its success last year!

There will also be a DJ, Raffle, Giant Connect4 & plenty more craic on the day!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

ha ha that party was mental alrite it's a pitty your going to be the USA for it
    i'm looking forward to it all ready this year now only to get that dam report done for then
    ryanf1 wrote: »
    I think DJCR is having that party again this year

Of course its on again !!!! There will be a goo BBQ going from about 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

twas some session

Advertisement