Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone fixed/O2 mobile speed issues

• 05-03-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Basically Ive a draytek vigor 2820v sharing a vodafone@home Value broadband and an O2 E220 mobile broadband @ 7.2mbps, I've got it set to load balance accross both via "Auto Weight" as shown in this screenshot
    http://img121.imageshack.us/i/48820672.png/
    My 02 signal is usually 50% - 60% occasionally getting to 80%
    DSL Stats are
    Mode = G.DMT
    State - Showtime
    Upspeed = 384000
    Downspeed = 3072000
    SNR Margin = 12
    Loop Attenuation = 39

My problem is I can never get more than 2.6mbps on speed test.net. I'm thinking I should get this on either connection but should be getting more when spread over both?

I'm wondering is this something to do with my settings or Is there an issure somewhere else or am I just expecting to much?

Any opinions are valued

Thanks,

SC024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

anyone got any ideas / suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

2.6mbps would be about right for the 3Mb profile on the DSL line.
    If thats the max that you're getting, then it looks like the modem itself will "prefer" to receive signal from the ADSL connection first, and the 3G connection second.

On speedtest.net, check to see what provider it says you are using. Check it a few times, and see if it changes between O2 and Vodafone.

On speedtest.net, what server are you testing from?

I'm not aware of any modem which would use two concurrent connections in tandem. Its either one or the other.

Advertisement