Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barça -v- Arsenal, Champions league Last 16 2nd leg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

dan719 wrote: »
    And more personal abuse.

Have you ever heard of debate the post, and not the poster?

BTW, it's you're, not your.

Go away now.

your the one who attacked me first you mong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

dedon wrote: »
    Shock Horror Spanish cheating in sport.

Of course it is. They amount of money involved

Barca are a Catalan club. Tell a Catalan he/she is Spanish and you'll find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Barca were on top before the sending off - the stats clearly show this.

End of!

Barca were LOSING before the sending off - the stats clearly show this.

End of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

murpho999 wrote: »
    Because I'm talking about teams and their supporters making excuses and looking for scapegoats for defeats instead of looking at their own peformances and admitting they were outplayed.

It was a comparison that was totally relevant to tonight's match and this thread!

Except that didn't happen. Your views are fiction, most fans admitted that Utd were well beaten. Anyway, you've had your dig, and been called on it. Let's move on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

On the bright side for Arsenal an early European exit will surely help them in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

I Have they laugh and go 'no catalan' I said no such country and they laughed again and said true but I'm a Catalan at heart.

Real physical reaction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Wait till you see the Roma player giving the Rooney elbow , nearly took the lads head off !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Everyone else does not need to feed into the Barcelona wankfest that the fanboys do. Barcelona play in the Spanish league, Barcelona is in the country of Spain, I'm calling them Spanish too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wheres chelsea's Monkey when we need him the most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Like thousands of others, I was really enjoying that match up until the referee decided to kill the game as a fair contest.
    Never mind about shots on target, Arsenal had the advantage right up to when RVP was sent off.

Cant believe what a charmed life Barca has when it comes to ref's.

And I'm a chelsea fan who still remembers how we were robbed in the Nou camp as well

Bendtner should have scored if only to stick 2 fingers up to UEFA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

You have been down on the pitch with 95K fans in the back round with a game in full flow ???

Have we a celebrity on our hands here ?
    No i have'nt at the Nou camp but i've been in the stadium twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Been to the Camp Nou a few times, been up in the God's too, and the whistle was always audible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    mong?? WTF???

In what usage of the word do you mean that, because if it's the one I think, it's definitely worthy of a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

The media having a field day again.Gattuso last round,RVP now.

A lot of knobjockery these days in the CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Options in this thread:

1: Get attacked by the anti-Barca crowd for pointing out that Barca dominated both legs, should have had a penalty in the first half and deserved to through

2: Get attacked by the Barca crowd by saying the red card was harsh, Barcelona are missing too many chances and possibly peaked far too soon in the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

CSF wrote: »
    You don't actually get sent off for one yellow card. And while you're there I don't think his first yellow was a yellow or that the first penalty shout was anything more than a 50/50

You do for a 2nd yellow even if the 2nd yellow is soft. The 1st one was a definite yellow and the penalty was one of the most obvious ones you'll see [if you remove the Arsenal specs].
    I'll go into the Celtic thread and see how quickly that sentiment is carried out.

This isn't the Arsenal thread though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

CSF wrote: »
    You don't actually get sent off for one yellow card. And while you're there I don't think his first yellow was a yellow or that the first penalty shout was anything more than a 50/50

I'll go into the Celtic thread and see how quickly that sentiment is carried out.

It was a stupid yellow he deserved it.

The penalty was clear cut, you're showing yourself up by even arguing it.

At least Celtic managed a few shots on goal three years ago in the last 16 against them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Headshot wrote: »
    Wheres chelsea's Monkey when we need him the most

I do think he may have taken a baring order after the Chelsea V Man U match thread :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

dan719 wrote: »
    And more personal abuse.

Have you ever heard of debate the post, and not the poster?

BTW, it's you're, not your.

Go away now.
    Kev_ps3 wrote: »

You're not reading his posts properly as you're still saying 'your'

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    mong?? WTF???

In what usage of the word do you mean that, because if it's the one I think, it's definitely worthy of a ban.

I had to google it :pac:

They tell themselves they are spanish when they Tog out for the "SPAIN" national team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mister men wrote: »
    Arsenal offering nothing at all in an attacking sense. Getting dominated all over the pitch. Only a matter of time now.
    Barcas defence could take a nap if they wanted Arsenal are offering that little.
    Nasty from Clichy.
    Disgraceful from Arsenal. Ruining the match.
    Proper football from Barca. Arsenal getting what they deserve with the negative rubbish they are playing tonight.
    Is right. They have played some terrible anti football tonight also.
    I don't think i've seen such a one sided game as this in a long time where the teams are level on the night.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
    No more than Arsenal deserve. They have been disgraceful tonight.
    It's a pleasure to watch Barcelona when they play like this.
    Hooooooooooooooooooooof ball from Arsenal
    So many weak links in that Arsenal team. When will they ever learn.
    No all night long they have been terrible. For a fantastic football team to resort to playing like that is unacceptable.
    Agreed the ref got everything besides the peno call right tonight.
    Arsenal should be ashamed by those stats for a supposed great passing side.

you obviously dont like arsenal mm :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Fuhrer wrote: »
    But the reason why they're going to lose is because the Spanish are corrupt...

Tell that to the IMF/EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

You have been down on the pitch with 95K fans in the back round with a game in full flow ???

Have we a celebrity on our hands here ?
    Like I said, if you can clearly hear the whistle in the midst of thousands of roaring supporters then you'll most definitely be able to hear a whistle on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Been to the Camp Nou a few times, been up in the God's too, and the whistle was always audible.

I was up in the God's for Celtics tie a while back. I could hear the whistle even amongst all the Celtic singing and being so far away. Could hardly see the players though.

Headshot wrote: »
    I had to google it :pac:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mong

It's not a very nice word to use to describe someone at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Pep; always comes across as likable IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Options in this thread:

1: Get attacked by the anti-Barca crowd for pointing out that Barca dominated both legs, should have had a penalty in the first half and deserved to through

2: Get attacked by the Barca crowd by saying the red card was harsh, Barcelona are missing too many chances and possibly peaked far too soon in the season

What happens if it's a mix of both :p

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    Jesus Berba this reminds me of a similar post in the other Arsenal-Barca match thread :pac:

Edit - I forgot the thread I even posted in :pac:

Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Quazzie wrote: »
    So are we assuming, or making psychic predictions? It was highly unlikely we'd score at all, but we did.

"Smile - even though your heart is breaking..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wait till you see the Roma player giving the Rooney elbow , nearly took the lads head off !!!

Good old Webb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Lack of knowledge more than anything. Yeah, ruining the match against the best team in the world. Oh lord give me strength.. :rolleyes:

#15 wrote: »
    Except that didn't happen. Your views are fiction, most fans admitted that Utd were well beaten. Anyway, you've had your dig, and been called on it. Let's move on

What fiction and what dig?

People here were complaining on Sunday that Nani's injury cost Utd the game, and now people will say VP sending off cost Arsenal the game.

You some to be taking it as a personal attack as maybe you support Utd or Arsenal: If so you are missing my point which is that I'm fed up with teams and their supporters always looking for excuses and just admit defeat?

That or he's missing watching his own team play Champions league football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Who's the sexy blonde on TV3 :eek:

Matt Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    They tell themselves they are spanish when they Tog out for the "SPAIN" national team.

And the Catalan's remind Spain they are Catalan when they deliver a world cup for them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70676593&postcount=579

Like I said, if you can clearly hear the whistle in the midst of thousands of roaring supporters then you'll most definitely be able to hear a whistle on the pitch.

Pure Speculation ,

With your head down rushing towards goal , there is no way in saying he defiantly heard it, even at that, Ive often been at games where some twat blows a whistle or whistles when a player runs in towards goal.

Also the defender didnt stop , did he not hear the whistle either ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

0 shots on goal, yes but arsenal were denied a chance to play Barcelona with a 1 goal lead and 11 v 11.

Would have been a fascinating game with barca going for it and arsenal on the break.

Did people not see that when arsenal cleared the ball it went straight to where RVP would have been. Better team won, yes but in in the wrong way.

Even when the referee gave the penalty the players couldn't hear the whilstle.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    What fiction and what dig?

People here were complaining on Sunday that Nani's injury cost Utd the game, and now people will say VP sending off cost Arsenal the game.

You some to be taking it as a personal attack as maybe you support Utd or Arsenal: If so you are missing my point which is that I'm fed up with teams and their supporters always looking for excuses and just admit defeat?

YAWN.

This is a football forum.

In case you didn't notice, it's a place where you discuss things about football.

And yes, decisions that change games count as football discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Deserved yes. The ref was only following the letter of the law.

Are you a troll or do you just hate Arsenal ? :D

Pal wrote: »
    Are you a troll or do you just hate Arsenal ? :D

A troll.

A clear troll for all to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Were not good enough end of story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

What happens if it's a mix of both :p

Hung, drawn and quartered :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Even when the referee gave the penalty the players couldn't hear the whilstle.

Messi was offside and took a shot.
    Ref let that one go.
    Messi didn't hear the whistle.

Stupid refereeing tonight ruined the game.
    Same as that clown Halsey on Sunday in the Wolves game.

YAWN.

This is a football forum.

In case you didn't notice, it's a place where you discuss things about football.

And yes, decisions that change games count as football discussion.

So why can't you debate then without insulting people's posts?

This is a football forum and I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that Barcelona would have won tonight even if VP had not been sent off and also Liverpool would have won if Nani had not been hacked by Carragher.

I really don't understand why people don't 'get' the point I am making which is simple.

If teams go into games with wrong tactics and approach like Arsenal did tonight and Utd did on Sunday then you can expect to get beat, and you should look at that and realise it was wrong, learn from it and change tactics for the future instead of blaming refs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Only Van Persie will ultimately know if he knew he was offside.

To me, he looks as if he has seen the linesmans flag from the corner of his eye. And nobody seems to have mentioned the actual shot he took. That looked the shot of someone who knew he was offside. He didn't seem bothered. He was through on goal and casually hit it about ten yards wide.

IMO, he knew he was offside, but as i said, only he will know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Colinboy wrote: »
    Were not good enough end of story!
    Would not be saying that if Bendtner knew how to score. Like i said before, could of went either way. Barcelona could of scored a few more but we could of scored near the end, got 1 goal in the game and down to 10 men.

I think we did very well compared to last season. The team is much better overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

monkey9 wrote: »
    Only Van Persie will ultimately know if he knew he was offside.

To me, he looks as if he has seen the linesmans flag from the corner of his eye. And nobody seems to have mentioned the actual shot he took. That looked the shot of someone who knew he was offside. He didn't seem bothered. He was through on goal and casually hit it about ten yards wide.

IMO, he knew he was offside, but as i said, only he will know for sure.

He has always had a poor right foot and was off balance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement