Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was Paddy Power one of the dodgy apps pulled from Android market?

• 05-03-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to get myself ready for some electronic betting during Cheltenham next week but the Paddy Power app has disappeared from the Android market, despite the fact that PP themselves seem to think that it's still there.

They say to go into the market and search for 'Paddy Power', no dice. I entered my mobile number on their website, they sent me an SMS with a link to the market but the link didn't work, I scanned a QRCode on their website for the Android app, got a blank screen on my browser.

Anyone know what's happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

its been gone for a few months, dont know why they keep sending people links to it. if you launch it in the browser it looks just like an app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I think the reason it was taken down is because you could gamble real money on the app.
    Just got to the webpage on you android and it will render exactly like the app used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Apparently it's against Android Market policy to allow actual betting functionality in an app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Download it from here and just manually install it.
    http://www.getjar.com/paddy-power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hecklar wrote: »

'Getjar' sounds like the Java version for the older Nokias like the 6230 plus don't I need to have rooted the HTC Desire before I can manually install an app outside of the market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

coylemj wrote: »
    'Getjar' sounds like the Java version for the older Nokias like the 6230 plus don't I need to have rooted the HTC Desire before I can manually install an app outside of the market?

In a word, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I still have it it on my dog and bone and it works fine,only use it for the football but it's handy to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hecklar wrote: »

OK, I did the download but what do I do next? Apologies but I'm new to Android, otherwise I'm very technical. I don't know where the downloaded file has been stored so can't find it to start the installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

coylemj wrote: »
    OK, I did the download but what do I do next? Apologies but I'm new to Android, otherwise I'm very technical. I don't know where the downloaded file has been stored so can't find it to start the installation.

get astro file manager on the phone then just go to downloads and install the apk from there.

Advertisement