Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Bloody Annoyed! (GameCard)

Options
  • 05-03-2011 10:39pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So my gametime ran out tonight and I had a backup card on the top shelf of my desk waiting for that moment.

So I begin scratching the strip and punch in the code... Refused... Try in IExplore as well as Firefox, constantly refused... So, I figure there must be an incorrect digit, scratch a bit more with a coin as I find it hard to get the numbers 100% visible as the strip tends to leave smudges all over the place and what happens? Two of the digits get completely scratched off.

Now, I'm pretty damn sure I know the number and I remember the last time I had to punch in the code, for some unknown reason the number just would not accept (And I can't remember what I did to resolve this issue) but this time I'm not having any luck.

I'm absolutely livid as I was looking forward to playing tonight having taken a nice break, and here's this scratched up useless f'ing card on my desk just not delivering the goods...

Ugh... Ugh... Ugh...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

but but .. ure only missing 2 numbers! u can hack teh system! 0-9 :P

theres only 99 combinations to try and u have ure gamecard!

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I've already input the number and it didn't work, I only scratched more to confirm. I could see what numbers they possibly could be and what they couldn't be and tried all combinations.

I sent a digital scan of the gamecard to Billing Support, got an email saying "Someone at Billing will reply to you personally soon"... And have gotten nothing since 10pm last night. Not that I expected a speedy response or anything but, as said, this is bloody annoying.

Now, I can't be bothered going to town today, but there is an XtraVision 5mins away from my house... So, do I want to pay for an overpriced GameCard in there? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... :rolleyes:

LoL u would be nearly quicker logging in a friends account and taking a ticket :p Better still take a ticket about something more urgent that U can just make up or say it was an error when GM whispers u, and when the ask "is there anything else I can help you with today?" ..you drop THE BOMBSHELL BABY! URGH YEAH ! fix my card or i go rift!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

I've already input the number and it didn't work, I only scratched more to confirm. I could see what numbers they possibly could be and what they couldn't be and tried all combinations.

I sent a digital scan of the gamecard to Billing Support, got an email saying "Someone at Billing will reply to you personally soon"... And have gotten nothing since 10pm last night. Not that I expected a speedy response or anything but, as said, this is bloody annoying.

Now, I can't be bothered going to town today, but there is an XtraVision 5mins away from my house... So, do I want to pay for an overpriced GameCard in there? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... :rolleyes:

Credit/Debit card? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I work for Xbox and the same thing happens all the time.

If you damage the code, your ****ed, there is no alternative codes to be used, if there was, word would spread on the internet and then shop assitants would just nick codes.

As **** as it is, they might be able to supply you an alternative, but odds are thats fit for the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Some good sites out there that sell gametime (Legit).

The one I use, they send you an actual game card in E-mail...well a picture of it scratched off.

works like a charm and cheaper than blizz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Rift Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...

trollface.jpg

Jim, would you ever stop ****ing around in bad games and join us on WoW :p Massive pvp session every wednesday, it's just awesome! Nothing like an army of us alarm clock raiding squareyes at 9am with a couple of cans of rockstar and some bad hangovers :D Got a rogue nearly 85 now aswell, need a duo partner, say an x-nightshade who knows the ropes!? :P ( sorry for temporary thread hijack :P )

Advertisement