Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under 5s cartoon character?

Options
  • 05-03-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering what type of cartoons under 5s would be interested in? I have to do a group with 3 under 5s and I want to make the materials interesting for them! They're all boys btw...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Fireman Sam, Handy Manny, Agent Oso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Think 3-5 year olds would actually be into Spongebob Square Pants, Scooby Doo etc... I know that's what my cousins would be into... Mickey Mouse and Oso would be a bit babyish for a 5 year old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Mickey mouse and friends. Thomas and Friends. Dora the explorer. Bob the Builder.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

my 5 yr old enjoys watching mickey mouse, agent oso, spongebob, ben 10, scooby doo and garfield, up to being 4yrs old he loved thomas, bob the builder, fireman sam and backyardigans ( still watches them although pretends not to:D). all ages seem to enjoy tom & jerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Thomas the tank engine, Fireman Sam, Dora and Peppa Pig. Also my kids (age 2 and 4) are big into a character called 'Horrid Henry' (I think all kids like stories about 'bold' kids!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭GarRoIT

angeldaisy wrote: »
    all ages seem to enjoy tom & jerry!

I'm 17 nd still watch them if its on! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

My 2 nephews aged 3 and 5 like Chugginton, Jungle Junction, Ben 10 and Toy Story and the movie Cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭ktod

Spongebob, Pingu, Roary The Racing Car, Mr. Men, The Simpsons and Peppa Pig (although Peppa is now seen as being a bit babyish) are all watched in our house by boys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

In my house the following are very popular; Thomas and Friends, Peppa Pig, Toy Story 1,2 & 3, Scooby Doo, Dora and Cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Dora, Peppa, Ben & Holly, Roary the Racing Car, Agent Oso, Spongebob.

There's loads that seem to span the early ages, even if you think they might be too 'old' for them!

I think you're pretty much gonna get the same answers from everyone here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Dora, Peppa, Ben & Holly, Roary the Racing Car, Agent Oso, Spongebob.

There's loads that seem to span the early ages, even if you think they might be too 'old' for them!

I think you're pretty much gonna get the same answers from everyone here!
    And Liverpool matches?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

amiable wrote: »
    And Liverpool matches?;)

I took that as a given. But just how suitable they are, considering Daddy's, er, 'choice language' at times is another matter :P

She always has her mini kit on though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

GarRoIT wrote: »
    I'm 17 nd still watch them if its on! :o

My dad is 74 and watches it with my 4 year old!!

Tom and Jerry is timeless!!

branners69 wrote: »
    My dad is 74 and watches it with my 4 year old!!

Tom and Jerry is timeless!!

Thats different, he has an excuse. I watch it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Fireman Sam, Special Agent Oso, Jungle Junction, Mr. Men, Dora, Diego, Chuggington, Mickey Mouse, um, loads of other ones.

I don't think X-men or The Simpsons would be any good for under 5s :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

GarRoIT wrote: »
    I don't think X-men or The Simpsons would be any good for under 5s :pac:

My 4 year old loves the Batman cartoons aimed at much older kids, will watch the Simpsons if they're on and would most likely watch X-Men if it was on. We just prefer to put on the channels aimed at kids his age for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Our son who is 11.5 months old loves the frog song and loves frogs in general as result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Bart Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I can't believe the octonauts have not been mentioned. 3yo daughter loves them.

In fact its the only tv program she asks for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement