Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crows

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056115220&highlight=poisoning&page=3
    WTF???
    Go to post 31...
    I'm an avid birdwatcher and have seen 57 species of raptor. I have seen the Golden Eagles in Donegal. I donate money to the Golden Eagle trust. Need I say more..........

I'm just saying that it could have been read from your post that you may condone it. It is the one think that disgusts me most regarding Eagles, people thinking that they have the right to indiscimantly lay poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 086whacker

lizt wrote: »
    Hey, don't know if I should post this here or animal and pet issues, so mods feel free to move if necessary. Since a bypass was built around our town, crows have been coming to nest in the trees in our garden. Every evening, literally hundreds of crows fly into the trees in front of our house. The path in front of our house has been completely destroyed with bird poo and our cars are covered in bird poo every day, so we have to wash them several times a week.

Is there any way to stop them from coming in to nest in the trees. If we clap or shout they all fly away but come back within two minutes. They are completely wrecking the public path and our cars! Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Lizt
    I feel your pain. A motorway was completed last June and it runs very close to my house. Since then grey crows have been arriving at the house every morning as soon it is daylight. They perch themselves on the windowsills and proceed to bash the windows with their beaks. They have tore the rubber seals from the window, the yard is a continuous mess with bird poo and the noise from their pecking and screeching first thing in the morning is driving me and my girlfriend insane. I dont know what to do with them we have tried every conceivable method to get rid of them but they endevour to return. With the clocks going forward tonight the crows will be arriving earlier....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

086whacker wrote: »
    Hi Lizt
    I feel your pain. A motorway was completed last June and it runs very close to my house. Since then grey crows have been arriving at the house every morning as soon it is daylight. They perch themselves on the windowsills and proceed to bash the windows with their beaks. They have tore the rubber seals from the window, the yard is a continuous mess with bird poo and the noise from their pecking and screeching first thing in the morning is driving me and my girlfriend insane. I dont know what to do with them we have tried every conceivable method to get rid of them but they endevour to return. With the clocks going forward tonight the crows will be arriving earlier....

Lol- you're actually getting up an hour earlier- so the crows (unless they also decide to obey summertime :)), will in fact be an hour later than hitherto......

• Registered Users Posts: 12 086whacker

smccarrick wrote: »
    Lol- you're actually getting up an hour earlier- so the crows (unless they also decide to obey summertime :)), will in fact be an hour later than hitherto......

Thanks for pointing that out to me Mr Moderator... Silly me.. With the beginning of summertime it will be getting brighter earlier, as will their dawn chorus...

Advertisement