Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer job in Cork

Options
  • 05-03-2011 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey im a second year engineering student in UCC and i want to stay in Cork for the summer, though i need a job to do that. Can anyone recommend any places to apply for a job?

I'm from waterford and i apoplied almost everywhere but i didnt even geet an interview.

Please Help me out!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Seems to me this is more a Cork question than a Work & Jobs one ... so am moving it over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

welcome to the Ireland of 2011!

Your best bet is to actually go in person and hand in your CV, get to know someone in the company.

Have someone look over your CV/cover letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

welcome to the Ireland of 2011!

Your best bet is to actually go in person and hand in your CV, get to know someone in the company.

Have someone look over your CV/cover letter.

Unfortunately it seems this way, if you know someone who can get you in and give you a chance. Depressing times.

Most of the betting offices take on extra part timers for the summer as they stay open until 9.30pm every night (except Sundays) from April to September, may be worth getting CVs into both headoffices and individual shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

RoverJames wrote: »
    Most of the betting offices take on extra part timers for the summer as they stay open until 9.30pm every night (except Sundays) from April to September, may be worth getting CVs into both headoffices and individual shops.

Good Shout RoverJames

I know they usually start recruiting soon ...saw a sign in BoyleSports in Ballincollig today (near newer Aldi).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Dean820 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it seems this way, if you know someone who can get you in and give you a chance. Depressing times.

Pretty much, there is almost no point at all in submitting a CV. If you know someone they will tell you of a position and it's just a formality, then get the CV and bring it to the 'interview' when can you start?

Advertisement