Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're all in the wars

• 05-03-2011 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

:(
    Well I have to say that today is not a good day!

I had Minnie, the biggest of the terriers, at the vet today as she has been a bit off for the last week and limping a bit. I decided she needed to be seen when she was struggling last night to jump up onto my lap. My dad reckoned it was just "a touch of arthiritis" but she's only about 5 so I didn't think it was that. Well the vet examined her and it looks like she's hurt her back, not sure yet what she's done but she has to go in next week for xrays.
    Then this evening I was up the fields with Jazz and Boe playing. They were both off lead running around having a great time when out of nowhere a big black lab came running up and attacked Jazz. Boe chased him off before I got there but Jazz is hurt :( He must have caught her shoulder somehow as it is really tender and she can hardly walk on it. I've brought her uo to bed with me as she is quite grumpy and growling at the others if they get too close. It must really hurt cus she snapped at me (just a warning) when I was checking her over. I'll see how she is in the morning but am thinking this might need an emergency visit to the vet if she's no better :(

And I've bumped my head on the handle of the front door (don't ask how:o) and walked into the workbench in the garage and managed to bruise my shin and my knee.

I thought Saturdays were supposed to be fun :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Well things happen in 3's so you're finished with your bad luck now. :)

Hope Jazz feels better in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Whispered wrote: »
    Well things happen in 3's so you're finished with your bad luck now. :)

Hope Jazz feels better in the morning!

I do hope we're finished.

The poor mite is really feeling sorry for herself today, she couldn't jump off my bed or manage the steps to get downstairs. She's also really really grumpy, she growling at the the other dogs if they go near her so I'm having to keep them apart. Am going to see how she goes today and if she's no better tomorrow it'll be yet another trip to the vet :rolleyes:

Edit: I think se's starting to feel a bit better, she's been out for a short slow walk and has managed to make it down the stairs slowly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh feel so sorry for you and your pets jazz.
    It's awful when there is something wrong with one, let alone two.
    Hope today brings better news for all
    Of ye :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I'll second that notion! Bad luck does happen in 3's so I'd say you have had your fair share for awhile now!

Hope the xrays turn out ok and the wee dudes shoulder heals up by itself quickly x

Hopefully ye won't be bumping into things either but if you are like me I always somehow manage to hurt myself everyday. I'm a clumsy fart :D

Advertisement