Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Friendly Operators for Billpay

Options
  • 05-03-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I'm considering going billpay for my next phone, as for me, it's the best value, as it's the only way to get a half decent data plan in the country.

Seeing as I'm a student, I don't really have a credit history to speak of, and was wondering if any operators in Ireland are student friendly in this regard?

I've been looking at Three's FlexiFix plans, which seem like something that would suit me, and I won't be charged for more than I use.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Yeah i dont get why do they actualy take the deposit? Especially if your not buying a phone and just getting a contract?

Had to pay 50 quid deposit going on bill pay smart. Im on the same boat :) need something inexpensive being a student and data :)

25pm for 200/200/1GB and free calls and texts to meteor :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

when i was a student there was a meteor agent going door to door with cheap phone/contract plans. i wanted to sign up as i needed a new phone and billpay sounded good. but as i was a student they wanted 6 months paid in advance. that was i think 20/25 per month x 6 - which seemed a lot to pay all at once!
    but it seemed all operators did it like that - so i never went for billpay - this was a few years ago.

i wonder if you said 'unemployed' rather than 'student' would that make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

From 25pm
    for 200/200/1GB and free calls and texts to meteor :)

Fixed that for you;)

24.99pm for 200 flexi units, free texts to all networks, 500mb data, Free 3 to 3, free skype, capped bill no fear of a surprise. Hardly any chance of a deposit. Nationwide 3G Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Fixed that for you;)

24.99pm for 200 flexi units, free texts to all networks, 500mb data, Free 3 to 3, free skype, capped bill no fear of a surprise. Hardly any chance of a deposit. Nationwide 3G Network.

He's talking about Meteor's Bill Pay Smart Plan.

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/smart/#plans-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Three have an awesome sim only plan at the moment, 30 euro a month, 350 flexi units (1 call/2 texts to a unit) 55gb download allowance and I picked the free calls to landlines, plus its on a 30 day contract if you ever decide to emmigrate or switch to a different network.

Advertisement