Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could you marry a woman with tats?

• 05-03-2011 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Firstly I consider tattoos to have no artistic merit and instead find them to be an unsightly stain on the body of it's wearer. Further I think it underlines a basic lack of self respect and possible insecurity issues. In conclusion I wouldn't marry a girl with tattoos which is why I didn't.

Would you marry a woman with tats? 336 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    55% 186 votes
    I read the title as tits
    19% 64 votes
    I'll marry whoever will have me
    25% 86 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

as long as it wasnt a swatzika or something I wouldnt have an issue. course my wife might!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Of course.

In conclusion I wouldn't marry a girl with tattoos which is why I didn't.

That's good to know, good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

It underlines a basic lack of self respect and possible insecurity issues.

How insightful. How exactly did you come to this conclusion? Highly scientific methods no doubt, valid and relaible throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Depends on what she's like, obviously, I imagine I'd be able to see past the tattoos even though tattoos in general don't do much for me. And as long as they're not too explicit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

If it's a tramp stamp (any kind of tattoo on the lower back) then no. I've yet to meet a girl that I actually respected that doesn't act like a slut/bitch.

In general, no I would't mind at all. Obviously if the tattoo was offensive then I would have a problem. I voted "yes" for the poll since I feel that I would be fine with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Op your either trolling or a very narrow minded person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

A tattoo is permanent and it goes a dirty dark navy over time. Plus, if your body shape changes, will this warp the tattoo?

Hmmmm...body art (as in paint) is cool and you can change it. That would be the preferred option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Firstly I consider tattoos to have no artistic merit and instead find them to be an unsightly stain on the body of it's wearer. Further, because of my personal opinion above, I have it in my head that it underlines a basic lack of self respect and possible insecurity issues, but of course this is only based on opinion and conjecture and I could be wrong.
    FYP.

I love tramp stamps and want one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Firstly I consider tattoos to have no artistic merit and instead find them to be an unsightly stain on the body of it's wearer. Further I think it underlines a basic lack of self respect and possible insecurity issues. In conclusion I wouldn't marry a girl with tattoos which is why I didn't.
    Think we should see a thread soon with "As someone with a tattoo, could you ever marry someone who was judgemental and possibly a biggot?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dudess wrote: »
    FYP.

get handlebars.

you know you want to :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

How insightful. How exactly did you come to this conclusion? Highly scientific methods no doubt, valid and relaible throughout.

Never claimed it to be such, just giving a personal opinion. It is in many ways a greedy choice and shows a lack of forward thinking. Wasn't there a study done that found most women regretted having tattoos done when they hit their thirties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Don't judge a book by its cover, and don't blame a **** marriage on tattoos...
    Would you marry a woman without living with her/sleeping with her first of all is a more valid/less retarded question

If it's a tramp stamp (any kind of tattoo on the lower back) then no.
    They really caught on didn't they, which in many ways is a contradiction in terms. Aren't tats supposed to be individual statements and you had all these women copying each other? Hhhmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Why are all your posts troll posts?

tman wrote: »
    Don't judge a book by its cover, and don't blame a **** marriage on tattoos...
    Would you marry a woman without living with her/sleeping with her first of all is a more valid/less retarded question

going way OT, but thats one of my most hated phrases, book covers tell you what the book is about, along with who wrote it, if it didnt then itd be false advertising. if I start reading a book that turns out to be some romantic novel that has raptor riding vampires battling cowboy werewolves on the cover then I'm emailing that publisher :pac:

They really caught on didn't they, which in many ways is a contradiction in terms. Aren't tats supposed to be individual statements and you had all these women copying each other? Hhhmm.

It's not that. It's just for some damn reason, the moment they get said lower-back tattoo, they just have the urge to wear more revealing clothing/act bitchy/act slutty when their "drunk".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Dudess wrote: »
    FYP.

OMG. I love tramps. Lets do lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

You would judge a girl by her tattoos. I guess your wife will not be allowed get a tattoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Tattoos can be very artisitc and cool, but not on hands, lower arms, neck or face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3372/3636000739_12c9ee58e7.jpg

Thought it was funny. With body paint, you can do whatever you want, but it ain't permanent.

hondasam wrote: »
    You would judge a girl by her tattoos. I guess your wife will not be allowed get a tattoo.

I think we can all judge that girl who got 50 stars "accidentally" tattooed on her face as being a bit stupid though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Some girls look really amazing with tattoos, its not the tattoos themselves I have the problem with. Just any of the girls I've met so far who have tattoos have been slightly insane. :eek:

krudler wrote: »
    I think we can all judge that girl who got 50 stars "accidentally" tattooed on her face as being a bit stupid though

Yes I agree.:pac:

Some girls look really amazing with tattoos, its not the tattoos themselves I have the problem with. Just any of the girls I've met so far who have tattoos have been slightly insane. :eek:

Which lends weight to my theory of possible insecurity issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

A tattoo is permanent and it goes a dirty dark navy over time. Plus, if your body shape changes, will this warp the tattoo?

No it doesn't - have a tattoo that has the same beautiful shades of gray and black from when it was first done more than ten years ago.
    I have changed shape - gotten fatter, skinnier and pregnant and the tattoo has never lost it's shape.
    Then again, I got my tattoo done by a trusted professional with excellent credentials.

honestly, depends on the tattoo, all but one of my exes have had at least one tattoo, and I never had a prob with them except one which she even hated herself, was a really crappy cartoon on her asscheek which she got drunkenly done on holidays and regretted it. two had "trampstamps" but werent tribal or crappy looking, they were actually alright. so as long as it wasnt something knackerish or badly done it wouldnt bother me at all.

anyone with one of those "MAM/DAD" tats can fcuk off though, cringe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Don't care. Whoever will have me and my big demands will be good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I have some. Im 27. Got mine in the past 18months. I'm the same person now as I was before I got them. A handful of people know I have them.

Should people's opinion of me change after they find out I have them, that's their issue, not mine.

All in all, I take each girl as they come, having tattoos won't make a difference one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

gladly ;)

I'm a bit of a piercing enthusiast though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Hmmm maybe a possible love match between you two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I have tattoos and Im married and insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Why wouldn't a man marry a woman with a tattoo? You'd be marrying the person not the tattoo.

Uriel. wrote: »
    All in all, I take each girl as they come
    Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Have to say I find tattoos a turn off unless it is quite discrete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Would I marry a lady with tats? Well it depends on the lady really

The were insane before the got the tattoos.

why would a tattoo cure insecurities ?

Why wouldn't a man marry a woman with a tattoo? You'd be marrying the person not the tattoo.

Ya but take for example when you are on a sun holiday together and she strips off to reveal a skanky tat. I'd feel uneasy anyway.

Ya but take for example when you are on a sun holiday together and she strips off to reveal a skanky tat. I'd feel uneasy anyway.

leave her at home in the kitchen, problem solved

I'd be happy she agreed to go to a nudist beach. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Maybe she would feel uneasy being next to Mr. Blobby;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

In conclusion I wouldn't marry a girl with tattoos which is why I didn't.

A good statement there, so if you had of not been bothered by tattoo`s then you would of married a tattoo`d one only?

hondasam wrote: »
    why would a tattoo cure insecurities ?
    An attempt to project a different personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

i have 2 myself - i dont see how it means i lack respect for my body. both were very considered tattoos. if a bloke - or anyone else - cant see past the tat on my shoulderblade then i wouldnt wanna marry 'em.
    ive a friend who's like the OP about women and tats.
    he accepts i have them but he wouldnt accept it of a gf. i said to him once 'but it'd be her body' didnt seem to help much.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    A good statement there, so if you had of not been bothered by tattoo`s then you would of married a tattoo`d one only?

English please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I would marry a girl with tattoos.

She would have to be gorgeous, sweet, sexy, funny and numerous other things.

Damn, I'm so fcuking lucky. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

An attempt to project a different personality.

both mine reflect my personality - isnt that the point?... - every one i've seen on a girl - bar tramp stamps - seem to be reflections of who they are

id say there are drunken tattoo mistakes out there though - just dont get tattoo'd or piereced when drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

My boyfriend is heavily tattooed. When I met him for the first time I had no idea he had tattoos and formed my impression of him based on his wonderful personality and demeanour. When I found out he had tattoos this did not change at all. Simple. His tattoos are an expression of himself and his personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

If it's a tramp stamp (any kind of tattoo on the lower back) then no. I've yet to meet a girl that I actually respected that doesn't act like a slut/bitch.

In general, no I would't mind at all. Obviously if the tattoo was offensive then I would have a problem. I voted "yes" for the poll since I feel that I would be fine with it.

I never understood this issue with so called 'tramp stamps', if a man has a tattoo on his lower back is this a problem?? I've seen some amaaazing tattoos on girls backs, I see them as no different from tattoos anywhere else.

Tattoos are whatever the individual wants them to be, most people aren't trying to make a statement, they just like how they look.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3372/3636000739_12c9ee58e7.jpg

Thought it was funny. With body paint, you can do whatever you want, but it ain't permanent.

That's actually pretty funny!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Yes OP I would marry a woman with cats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement