Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could you marry a woman with tats?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

dearg lady wrote: »
    I never understood this issue with so called 'tramp stamps', if a man has a tattoo on his lower back is this a problem?? I've seen some amaaazing tattoos on girls backs, I see them as no different from tattoos anywhere else.

Because, if you read the rest of my post, you'd have understood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Samba wrote: »
    Yes OP I would marry a woman with cats.

What if the cat had tats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

krudler wrote: »
    if I start reading a book that turns out to be some romantic novel that has raptor riding vampires battling cowboy werewolves on the cover then I'm emailing that publisher :pac:

This is off-topic but... I want this book cover.
    And the book it corresponds to.

On-topic: One of my sisters got a tattoo when she was living abroad in Australia.
    It's because she really enjoyed her time there, and wanted to have a permanent reminder of her year there.

I think that's a great reason to get a tattoo; to remind you of something you'll always want to remember.

Some tattoos are a bit distasteful, or tacky- like people getting tattoos while drunk, or before thinking it through properly and ending up with something they'll hate later- but I'd never judge a person for having one, even if it's a Chinese symbol that they don't know what it actually means... (Okay, I'd judge them a little for that one.)

Anyway, tattoos, I'd never get one myself but I'd never refuse to go out with a guy because he had one. :rolleyes: There's plenty of good reasons to get one, and plenty of tasteful tattoos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Thinking of it, is the real question here not "Why would a girl want to marry a guy who is very controlling?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Because, if you read the rest of my post, you'd have understood.

I read all of your post. It's a general thing that people take issue with. I actually don't believe that not one woman you've met with a lower back tattoo is deserving of your respect. Unless you happen to meet a lot of idiots, in which case, it's nought to do with the tattoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

what if the cat had a tat of a cat?

that sound? your brain just melted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3372/3636000739_12c9ee58e7.jpg

Thought it was funny. With body paint, you can do whatever you want, but it ain't permanent.

My tattoo is in one of the grey areas, what does that mean for me :(

On-topic: One of my sisters got a tattoo when she was living abroad in Australia.
    It's because she really enjoyed her time there, and wanted to have a permanent reminder of her year there.
    What was wrong with photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Thinking of it, is the real question here not "Why would a girl want to marry a guy who is very controlling?"

:confused:

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote: »

It's a bit of a grey area, we'll have to come back to you on it

you think outside the box!! :p

krudler wrote: »
    what if the cat had a tat of a cat?

that sound? your brain just melted

confused cat is confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

It means that you are part of "Other"...a statistical anomaly where things that are outside the normal distribution (bell curve) fall and spiral forever in a state of non-entropic flux.

:pac:

Sigh... there is a 10th level of Hell reserved for people like you with your "grey area tattoos". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It means no one will marry you :pac:

or me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

English please.

O you cant understand? Well ok, you did not marry a girl with a tattoo. Was this because you dont like tattoo`s. Or did you think of this question long after getting married. I mean, a lot of mens wives probably dont have a tattoo. Is this because they would never marry a girl with a tattoo, or is it that a lot of women just do not have a tattoo, or as you put it in your fine english, tats?

hondasam wrote: »
    It means no one will marry you :pac:

or me

No-one, or the OP? Cos the OP is already married, so we might as well tattoo every square inch now, cos that ship has sailed :(

robbie7730 wrote: »
    O you cant understand? Well ok, you did not marry a girl with a tattoo. Was this because you dont like tattoo`s. Or did you think of this question long after getting married. I mean, a lot of mens wives probably dont have a tattoo. Is this because they would never marry a girl with a tattoo, or is it that a lot of women just do not have a tattoo, or as you put it in your fine english, tats?

I held the same position before I got married.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Have to say I find tattoos a turn off unless it is quite discrete.

Yes I like tattoos discrete...rather than continuous too!

It means that you are part of "Other"...a statistical anomaly where things that are outside the normal distribution (bell curve) fall and spiral forever in a state of non-entropic flux.

:pac:

Thought that was the takeaway I had last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I thought tats meant droopy boobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ya but take for example when you are on a sun holiday together and she strips off to reveal a skanky tat. I'd feel uneasy anyway.

Ah each to their own. If you liked the lady who cares what anyone else thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Depends on the tat, I mean if it was something tasteful like this.

tattoo-cat1.jpg

I wouldn't see any problem

I held the same position before I got married.

She might go and get one sometime as a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

op InternetExplorerWallpaper.jpgare you trying to tell me you wouldn't

this is art.

cruiser178 wrote: »
    op InternetExplorerWallpaper.jpgare you trying me you wouldn't
    Why is she glowing orange?

No chance. She doesn't like them either.

that would be hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

No-one, or the OP? Cos the OP is already married, so we might as well tattoo every square inch now, cos that ship has sailed :(

I'm of to the tattoo parlour in the morning for a tramp stamp.

yoshytoshy wrote: »

It probably does.
    In conclusion I wouldn't marry a girl with tats droopy boobs which is why I didn't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

tattoos used to stand for something right, where not consigned to sailors or navy men like dreads on a white person 20yr ago you knew he was an anarcho crustie, now its just a casual hipster thing, much like tats but sometimes they are contradictory i know this dirtbag who has a massive 'Unknown Pleasures' across his chest n lets just say he has been around, both sexes :pac: sure he discovered JD albeit during the recent commercial exploitation of em but still, i think having no tats is a bolder statement now

bluewolf wrote: »
    Why is she glowing orange?

I donno maybe she's sitting on a bear skin rug next to an open log fire..at least she is in my head.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

phill106 wrote: »
    as long as it wasnt a swatzika or something I wouldnt have an issue. course my wife might!

Oh, I think I could probably come to terms with a Swastika.

What was wrong with photos?

1. She took photos. But photos capture a single place, a single moment- not an emotion.

2. You can lose photos. You can lose possessions. You can't lose a body part.

3. She wanted to remember her trip in a different way than you'd choose to remember yours.

It means its above the hairline and the op wouldnt of noticed it, for now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭blacktalons

cruiser178 wrote: »
    op InternetExplorerWallpaper.jpgare you trying to tell me you wouldn't

this is art.
    100% totally fake,good on the photoshop skills though,

2. You can lose photos.
    Online back up?
    You can't lose a body part.
    Good to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

yoshytoshy wrote: »

they do, in many circles........that's why I've always preferred baps.

anyway....to give my take on the whole thing after literally minutes of carefully considered reasoning.

I don't really like people much...I dont really like tattoos much and I dont really like body piercings either (especially anything in the eyebrow/nose/eyelid/lip/cheek area etc - what I call the disfigurement zone) but the other day I happened to catch sight of a birthmark I've got on my back (shoulderblade area) and thought to myself it would be much improved if I put a bit of an edge around it, to sort of give it some definition/contrast and perhaps some restrained flame detailing on its outer edges.

so I suppose at the end of the day if its O.K. for me to have a tattoo then I suppose its O.K. for everyone else to want/have one too:eek:

and if anyone was to be interested in marrying me (hopefully this wont happen) then the presence or absence of a tattoo would be the last thing I would be concerned about although I would have to turn down her advances I fear if she had a barcode on her forehead or triad symbols on her knuckles (especially if they were hairy) etc etc

yours etc

it's a painting, no?

• Advertisement

agreed,its fake but ive seen better irl including the many my partner has and i have for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Some girls look really amazing with tattoos, its not the tattoos themselves I have the problem with. Just any of the girls I've met so far who have tattoos have been slightly insane. :eek:

You must lead a very sheltered life then, and not meet many woman.
    Lots of women including me have tattoos, and it hasnt made me a different person!!

2. You can lose photos. You can lose possessions. You can't lose a body part.

You can. Ever get your limbs hacked off and can't find them? Hell of an annoyance.

You can't lose a body part.

You can but not as easy as a photo alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭blacktalons

dearg lady wrote: »
    it's a painting, no?
    watch this video :D "How to add tattoos using Adobe Photoshop"

:eek::eek::eek: jesus wept

• Advertisement

I meant "lose" in the context of 'damn, where did I put that photo down?' or 'shoot, where are my keys this time?' but fair point!

watch this video :D "How to add tattoos using Adobe Photoshop"

I thought the whole picture is a painting, it most definitely does not look real!

I meant "lose" in the context of 'damn, where did I put that photo down?' or 'shoot, where are my keys this time?' but fair point!

Damn, where did that rock come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

Great poll OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭mystique150

looks like 47% of men will pick up where you've left off BG!

BTW how do you screen potential wives for tats? I imagine you are a proper gentlemen on the dating scene and don't strip search new potential wives on the first date?

• Advertisement
Advertisement