Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could you marry a woman with tats?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

OP why do tattoos automatically make a woman skanky? And did you start this thread just to cause controversy? You must be very bored.

I have a tattoo, I love my tattoo, it means an awful lot to me and alot of guy who have seen my tattoo have told me that before seeing it they wouldn't have been into tattoos but they love mine.

Maybe you shouldn't be so judgemental.

Off-topic: Many people pick up a book and decide from it's cover it's not for them, but then time changes as does the person and they may return to that book somewhere down the line and fall in love with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

galwayrush wrote: »
    Tattoos can be very artisitc and cool, but not on hands, lower arms, neck or face.

In your rubbish opinion.
    krudler wrote: »
    anyone with one of those "MAM/DAD" tats can fcuk off though, cringe!

Some people get Mum and Dad tattoo's done in memory of their passing. IMO they're not cringey but I guess it's all down to the design, the artsist and, of course, down to opinion like in every otherdiscussion here in AH.

OP you make it sound like a woman with tats is like a woman with a vag in replace of her nose and an ostrich growing from one knee-cap.

I think tattoos can be beautiful as well as piercings. Some I like and some I don't like but I don't think you should allow something like a tattoo to come in the way of a relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Originally Posted by galwayrush
    Tattoos can be very artisitc and cool, but not on hands, lower arms, neck or face

NoDice wrote: »
    In your rubbish opinion.

Which part do you think is rubbish? Tattoos being artistic, or not on arms etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

In your rubbish opinion.

Some people get Mum and Dad tattoo's done in memory of their passing. IMO they're not cringey but I guess it's all down to the design, the artsist and, of course, down to opinion like in every otherdiscussion here in AH.

You wouldn't mind your boyfriend having "Mammy" tattooed on his arms or whereever whilst ye were being intimate?

It wouldn't spoil the mood?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

I did and I now have a daughter with tatts,and my life wouldn't be the same without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

If your under 18 too f*cking bad. Think of other inventive ways to find drink. In the mean time i'll be sipping pints in my local, like a responsible adult.

You young b*stards!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

karlog wrote: »
    If your under 18 too f*cking bad. Think of other inventive ways to find drink. In the mean time i'll be sipping pints in my local, like a responsible adult.

You young b*stards!!!!!

Posting in the wrong thread.

Drink is a terrible thing!
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Posting in the wrong thread.

Drink is a terrible thing!
    :pac:

Christ i'm fooking locked

Edit: where was that post supposed to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i voted yes because i dont mind tasteful tattoos but on the other hand i dont think id marry anyone

OP needs to get out more. I've a tattoo where no one can see it and the only people who have are people I've been with since.. It's a personal thing that I don't show off and I don't try and express a different personalty because of it.

Piece of piss thread to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

I'm a fella and have absolutely no problem with tattoos on the ladies, have one myself (a tattoo, not a lady:(). It's worth remembering that all that pristine, blemish free flesh will just be so much maggot food so theres no real point in keeping it clean and tidy, I hope the little fookers choke on my tattoo when it my time to go under the ground.

Also if by some miracle your body is preserved and found centuries later imagine what the eggheads will make of it, the fact that this guy had some tats makes him IMO that little bit more interesting and shows that he had a spiritual/artistic side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 IronViking

Ofcourse, tats are hot, just nothing on the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Firstly I consider tattoos to have no artistic merit and instead find them to be an unsightly stain on the body of it's wearer. Further I think it underlines a basic lack of self respect and possible insecurity issues.

I totally agree which is why my profile on crackhoes4u.com specifies no tattoos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Sorry galwayrush! I was pished drunk last night posting (I've done so well staying off boards when drunk before, dunno what happened last night though!) and didn't mean to call your opinion rubbish!! I just don't agree with it...
    robbie7730 wrote: »
    [/I]
    Which part do you think is rubbish? Tattoos being artistic, or not on arms etc?

I believe tattoos to be very artistic; depending on the artist, design and area of the piece also. In my drunken stuper last night, to be fair I probably read the post as, "These are the ONLY places tattoos are scientifically proven to be absolutely tasteless - FACT." Now looking at it, I'm assuming he meant they are the places the tattoos can be in that he does not like himself.

Again, I think it depends on the canvas so to speak. For example there is a massive difference between both the pieces and the person in Amy Winehouse and Kat Von D. But if it's not your thing, it's not your thing. I love ink, piercings & facial hair in a man - most women don't.
    You wouldn't mind your boyfriend having "Mammy" tattooed on his arms or whereever whilst ye were being intimate?

It wouldn't spoil the mood?

Ha ha no dude it wouldn't, not for me. In fact I love reading the word mammy on fellas especially when we're getting intimate.

It's not half as bad as fellas wanting to be called daddy when they're getting intimate! It's possible the tattoo is related to a passing of either parent too and it's a memorial tattoo. Also, when getting intimate, the last thing I want is a good read...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Looking at the question ..would I marry a girl with tattoos? Well the answer is yes, if I was considering marriage then I am probably already in love, in which case a tattoo wouldn't stop me wanting to spend my life for better or worse with that person. A tattoo would be such a trivial thing to not marry over.

I think it would be fairer to ask would be I attracted to a girl with tattoos, in which case then obviously the tattoos become more relatavent. I don't find tattoos on the face or neck attractive, and tattoos behind the ears and neck probably lose their appeal as the years go by. I would be attracted to ( or certainly not be put off by ) tattoos on a girls back, shoulder, lowerback, ankle or maybe a very nice thigh piece. I probably wouldn't be attracted to a women with loads of tattoos, not that I have any issue against it, I know ink is very addictive, but it wouldn't be for me.

Playboy bunnies, random celtic designs above your ass for the sole purpose of drawing attention to your ass, names.. that kind of thing I don't really like.

A piece of art with some taste or significance on the most beautiful canvas of all? I would marry ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

tats ?? .. Is that like D4 for tits ?

Then yes I would marry a women with tits .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

They can be really attractive. So yes.

But I'm probably biased as I have a few myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Firstly I consider tattoos to have no artistic merit and instead find them to be an unsightly stain on the body of it's wearer. Further I think it underlines a basic lack of self respect and possible insecurity issues. In conclusion I wouldn't marry a girl with tattoos which is why I didn't.

Lucky women .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Some girls look really amazing with tattoos, its not the tattoos themselves I have the problem with. Just any of the girls I've met so far who have tattoos have been slightly insane. :eek:

My wife has two tattoos and she is as mad as a box of frogs. That's what I love about her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I wouldn't marry a woman with tattoo's, mainly because i'm a tattoo'd woman :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

If there was a study done to ask women if they regret their tatoos in their 30's-they didn't ask me,I don't and I'm married,to a tatoo'd man. Happily. Why nrestrict yourself to who or what type of person you will allow yourself to fall in love with. Give yourself a break o.p, you never know what you may find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Squirm

First off, I did read the title as saying 'tits', not 'tats'. What would Freud think...?

Secondly, as a woman with tats, I do not regret them nor do I judge whether someone else does or does not have them. It is no concern of mine. I fear for people who get them in very obvious and difficult to conceal areas, for obvious reasons, but it's their choice and I don't believe it necessarily says anything about that person.

I hope the OP went for the "I'd marry anyone who would have me" option, as he wife is clearly a Saint of some sort and deserves the credit. Please God she does manage to do the impossible... and changes him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

It amazes me how much tattoos are still a bit taboo with a lot of people.
    I don't have one, cuz I'm not so good with permanence, but I've a fair few piercings that I've found really influence the way people view me. Now that I've taken a lot of them out because of work, people can't believe that such a 'nice girl' could have had so many... :rolleyes:

Same goes with tats, a lot of people suddenly pop you into a certain stereotype just because of them. Fact is, anybody and everybody can get a tattoo so to eliminate them completely from 'marriage material' is just screwing yourself over. You could quite easily get married to a non-tattooed absolute bitch, when the perfect tattooed woman is out there for ya!

That said, if they have 'I hate Jews' tattooed on their forehead, they're probably not the girl for you... unless you're into that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I would but then I'd divorce once they start to pass their best before date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

looking at someone like griffon ramsay i'm gonna say definetely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

I have tats myself so it would be a bit hypocritical to judge a woman having them! Personally though, I don't have a problem with them, as long as they're not offensive or facial tats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ya but take for example when you are on a sun holiday together and she strips off to reveal a skanky tat. I'd feel uneasy anyway.

And what are you going to do when you marry this perfect babe of your imagination, and in a few years strips off on holidays to reveal stretch marks, saggy boobs and an arse like Step Toes face?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

lil'bug wrote: »
    I wouldn't marry a woman with tattoo's, mainly because i'm a tattoo'd woman :)

Self hater :pac::P

I'm not the biggest fan of tattoos, but one or two tasteful tats would be OK. If I liked someone enough to marry them, a tattoo of a dove on their arse would hardly change my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

And what are you going to do when you marry this perfect babe of your imagination, and in a few years strips off on holidays to reveal stretch marks, saggy boobs and an arse like Step Toes face?.

Read the thread before trying to be Brendan Grace. I'm already happily married and what you describe are all part of the natural ageing process. It would be foolish to try and deny it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Just to add to my earlier post, if I were asked to create my idea woman she'd have no tattoos. But she'd also have blue eyes, dark hair etc and none of them are deal-breakers either for obvious reasons. But it's real life, you can be surprised who you end up attracted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Read the thread before trying to be Brendan Grace. I'm already happily married and what you describe are all part of the natural ageing process. It would be foolish to try and deny it.

Not being a comic, I'm very serious.

How about if your wife decides today is the day she stops applying make up, lets her underarm hair grow, lets her roots grow out and decides that farting in front of your mates is all just a natural process, will you be cool with that too?.

And your happily married, maybe your the one who's happy and she's just married ;)

I was pished drunk last night posting (I've done so well staying off boards when drunk before

I know all about that one myself "O no, i didnt post that:eek:", was my reaction a few times the following day:D

Read the thread before trying to be Brendan Grace.

The poster does not seem to be doing a brendan grace impression, it was a good question. If you are or would be worried about the wife going around in a bikini because of a tattoo making you feel uncomfortable, then the less than perfect body will hardly make you feel at ease as it emerges in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yep definitely would, my GF has a couple and they add to her hotness...the more the merrier...except for girls with Nike signs or Cheryl Cole hand tattoos...keep away from them.

They are not for everyone and thats fine although some people really should tone down the 'holier than thou' attitude when it comes to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

To get married or not to get married, tat is the (real) question ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I would marry a girl with tattoo's I would love my wife and myself to get one but while she likes them she won't get one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

A girl with tats wouldn't marry me, but you don't hear me complaining about it, now do you... well not until I'm on my 4th pint or 3rd glass of wine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Tattoos? Women? Rabble rabble rabble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Sweet jesus OP.....................:confused:
    God help ya in your search for a wife/partner if tattoos are that much of a deal breaker for ya!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Wouldn't really be my bag TBH. Peircings I'm fine with, actually like them, just tats not so much. It does depend on where they are and quality though. On the face, or some home made one? *shudder* "celtic" stylle "Tramp stamps" are a bit dated.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Depends on the tattoo I reckon.

When I started planning my tattoo, my bf begged me not to get it, said they're ugly, show me as a tramp and I'd be less respected forever. I got it done 2 years ago.

However, it's tasteful, and it means something to me. If it fades in a few years time I'll get it topped up. And now my bf thinks it adds tenfold to my sexyness :D

All it requires is a little thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm not saying all women with tattoos are mad, just the ones I know. That might be more to do with the fact they all got them done at like 15 or 16.

Ya but take for example when you are on a sun holiday together and she strips off to reveal a skanky tat. I'd feel uneasy anyway.

Sounds like you're the one with the insecurities ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Depends how many and where

They certainly dont add any alluring factor to the girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

phill106 wrote: »
    as long as it wasnt a swatzika or something

I think that would turn me on more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

It all depends on how many tattoo's we are talking about here.

If we're talking about someone who is just big into tattoos (majority of body type covered) .. then no. Its not attractive I find.

Alot of girls have tatoos. But some can be nice, some can be bad. Like if a girl had a fairy tatoo on her arm. That could be nice. But is she had barbed wire going all the way up her arm ... not that nice. lol.

Context is all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I couldnt marry a woman. Period. Since it is not legal to have a same sex marriage in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭papermaker

I married my wife BECAUSE of her tattoo...it's one of a seashell and it's right at the top of her left inner thigh...see when I put my ear to it, I can almost smell the sea...swear to God :D

• Advertisement

papermaker wrote: »
    I married my wife BECAUSE of her tattoo...it's one of a seashell and it's right at the top of her left inner thigh...see when I put my ear to it, I can almost smell the sea...swear to God :D

If you put the wrong ear to it, you will probably smell dublin bay.

Advertisement