Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could you marry a woman with tats?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

robbie7730 wrote: »
    If you put the wrong ear to it, you will probably smell dublin bay.

brilliant! a lot of us thought of fish though didnt we:D

a fair few mentioned they wouldnt like face tattoos. but face tats arent common at all. you get the odd girl with a tat on her neck that spreads to the face a bit etc. but as i say - pretty rare

these days lots of girls have tats and they dont look like mad bikers that'd get pissed if you look at them sideways. bit of a cliche.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Whether someone has tattoos or not shouldn't decide whether you marry them or not. I'm not the biggest fan of face tattoos, but that one little thing wouldn't make me not marry someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭NeedaNewName

Depends OP. Is it a knacker type tattoo, like above the middle of the ass on the tail bone and a dolphin or flower (stupid cute) Or on something similar on the ankle?

they are sort of like very large gold hooped ear rings in my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

No, I wouldn't have anything to do with a woman with tattoos. It doesn't matter what those tattoos are of or if they have any artistic merit. Tattoos are guaranteed to turn me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I would never marry anyone who had a problem with tattooed women.

thankfully, all my tattoos are keeping them the hell away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Thomas828 wrote: »
    Tattoos are guaranteed to turn me off.

I'd agree with you there, but in the past I've dated girls with discreet ones.

So it aint really a dealbreaker for me, provided the girl is sound otherwise.

I've 2 daughters now & believe me I'm be hoping they won't be gettin tats when they get older!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No, Women, uuurgh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I thought most men would like to marry a woman who's not scared of their needles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

rebel10 wrote: »
    Think we should see a thread soon with "As someone with a tattoo, could you ever marry someone who was judgemental and possibly a biggot?"

Don't really understand the offense (beyond if you have tats and just feel put out by it), are females who wouldn't marry a man smaller than them judgemental and possibly biggoted?

Also, tats are a choice so what is the issue? People are entitled to be attracted to what they are attracted to, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Firstly I consider tattoos to have no artistic merit and instead find them to be an unsightly stain on the body of it's wearer. Further I think it underlines a basic lack of self respect and possible insecurity issues. In conclusion I wouldn't marry a girl with tattoos which is why I didn't.

My gf has ten tatoos. One in particular, on her right calf IS a work of art. It took fourty hours to finish and always floors people when they see it.

I would have no problem marrying someone with tats. Not an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I love tattoos. This thread is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Firstly I consider tattoos to have no artistic merit and instead find them to be an unsightly stain on the body of it's wearer. Further I think it underlines a basic lack of self respect and possible insecurity issues. In conclusion I wouldn't marry a girl with tattoos which is why I didn't.

I would, but they'd have to legalise gay marriage first.

I lie, I lie. There's no girls on the internet... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PsychoSue

I've 3 meaningful tattoos and I'm by NOOOOO means insecure.
    I don't feel the need to show them or any part of my body off or wear revealing clothes since I got the 1st one (I have nearly every inch of my body covered up all day due to my line of work).
    I am a little bit insane though but thats due to my chosen profession it would drive anyone insane lol....

It really depends though, some are just HORRIFIC!!! Look at that crazy fool with west life on her back, SERIOUSLY What the....??? Who in their right mind would marry her?? I think a lot of the generic "copied" tat's are stupid. Girls getting them because Rhianna has it or Britney. Thats pathetic IMO. As for the scrolled above the bum crack tramp stamps I HATE THEM. But each to there own I'm sure a lot of women wouldn't like my tat's but ah well, I didn't get them for them or anyone else so no biggy...

But I think to instantly say I wouldn't marry her because of x or y is being very narrow minded, it's saying that she is x or y because she has tat's, labels are thrown around waaaaay too easily nowadays and its sad!!!!

As I said above my tat's are meaningful and sentimental and I love them so thats all that matters, Oh and guess what??? someone DID marry a woman with tats, my hubby!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

if she had a slayer tattoo, as opposed to whats officially a tramp stamp by now i don't know why they keep doin it ; then yeah.

i'd say that bootie gives better though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Talk about stereotyping.

How the hell could you brand someone by whether they have ink on their body? Are you one of these people that will judge someone by their hair color? Grow up OP, looks aren't everything.

And on a side note - I think tattoos are sexy, just like piercings and carvings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I've never seen a tattoo on a girl which I liked. Never saying they don't exist but I've yet to encounter one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Hillarious!
    You sound quite the catch OP. I'm sure that whatever tattoo free lady manages to catch you, will have a great time!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I would only marry a woman with a tattoo of a giant bald eagle on her arse! Its an unconventional rule but it's how I deal with everyone, I don't deal with bankers, get haircuts from barbers, collect letters from postmen or get public transport from busdrivers who don't have a tattoo of a bald eagle on their arses! :rolleyes:

OP your a narrow minded judgemental person who is most likely more insecure with yourself than the tattoo women you look down on, one of my best friends has a tattoo of his father's name across his heart, his father died of a brain tumour a few years ago, tell him about his
    basic lack of self respect and possible insecurity issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CYBER GIRL

I have a tramp stamp....and i love it...so there HA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Have to laugh at the tags :pac:

To each their own and all that is what I gotta say on it really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

It never fails to amaze me how people can discriminate over whether someone has jewellery or inkings on them.

My gramps had tattoos. My sis has them, I have them. If my wife wanted to get them, I wouldn't have a problem with them, either.

You hilight your own shortcomings by such discriminations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Good to know you're insecure enough about women to not marry them if you think they're insecure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Hillarious!
    You sound quite the catch OP. I'm sure that whatever tattoo free lady manages to catch you, will have a great time!:rolleyes:

Oh she is quite happy with her catch. Don't worry about that. An interesting discussion I must say, over 60 sharing my views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

An interesting discussion I must say, over 60 sharing my views.

Versus the 3 times as many that dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

OH MY GOD, I better run out and get all my tatts removed and take my piercings out for fear I might curl up and die with insecurity :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭niallb

Already did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I've yet to meet a girl that I actually respected that doesn't act like a slut/bitch.

Me neither.....nothing to do with tattoos

Advertisement