Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Mediation Services

Options
  • 05-03-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm recently seperated and have a three year old boy, can anyone recommend a good family mediator to help us deal with the situation and get advice on how to help our son deal with the change?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Soccer Mom

Hi, I don't know if this is much use to you, but here is a link for Family Support Agency, it's a mediation service. I picked up a leaflet recently, and I'm going to look into it. They help separating parents to come to arrangements on parenting, finances, home / property, pensions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bobbie P

Cheers Soccer Mom, very useful. Thanks Boobie P

Also I wondered could anyone recommend a good family thereapy practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 d32

hiya my experience of family support/mediation service- the meetings touched off guardianship, daily arrangements with where your kid lives/school/religion/birthdays/christmas, access and phonecalls, travel, medical arrangements, a basic support budget...
    i found the set up to be ineffective-wishywashy! and frustrating: the option wasn't there for the kid to have a say. there was no counselling type help. both us parents were seen together, never seperately -our bitchiness and bitterness and pettiness allowed for little clarity.
    if you come across another option, take it! good luck to you all.

Cheers d32, guess none of this is easy but will probably start with this and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement