Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBerry Pearl 9105

Options
  • 06-03-2011 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Anyone have this phone? Whats it like? Any good?

TIA!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

I haven't used one personally, but I see no reason to go for a Blackberry phone that doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard, which is the best aspect of their phones.

Reviews seem decent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I haven't used one personally, but I see no reason to go for a Blackberry phone that doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard, which is the best aspect of their phones.

Reviews seem decent though.
    You mean a QWERTY keyboard like this:

http://www.mobiletor.com/images/samsung-b3310-handset.jpg

I ain't keen on those type of keyboards (or sliders tbh), much prefer the traditional keyboard tbh.

Aye the reviews are good. Hopefully Carphone Warehouse get the phone in soon!

Cheers for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Hi, I got a 9105 Pearl about 3 weeks ago and I already have dust building up under the screen. Not enough glue was used to bond down the screen and dust is getting in under the glass where it cant be wiped, it looks bad with the phones gloss black finish. I done a bit of research on Blackberry forums in the US & Canada and its a big problem over there, even people from the UK are posting there to complain so be warned. Other than thats it a great little phone with good picture quality for a 3.2mp. Compared to my 5mp on my old phone it takes brighter richer pictures and the video camera quality is very good too. Good sound from external speaker for listening to music. Nice size & weight and the keypad is easy to use, this is why I went with the 9105 as I dont like the Qwerty pad on the likes of the curve etc as the buttons are a bit small. Battery life is good also. The back cover creaks a little too which is annoying but all in all its a good little phone with all the apps etc, easy to use but poor build quality.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Kop would you not consider bringing the device back and complaining? You're within 30 days and many companies will look favourably on the issue with dust you're experiencing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I have one.

Think it is a great phone. I too would not like a QWERTY keyboard and hate touch screens with a passion.

I got mine off Vodafone but bought another one off ebay, it was new but the cover was loose and I sent it back. I am a mechanic and the phone would not be in great conditions but there is no dust in mine at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I have one too, from O2. It's a brilliant phone. I went from iPhone 3Gs to Nokia C7 which I brought back to this BlackBerry 9105. Best of the lot. It puts the ''phone' back in mobile phone.

The internet is not like/as good as the iPhone, but I got it because I wanted a phone and not games/Apps etc. The email facility is fantastic, and battery better than anything with a bigger screen of course. So, if you want a phone - to make calls, texts and send emails - then it's great; if you want more look at another phone probably.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

kop77 wrote: »
    Hi, I got a 9105 Pearl about 3 weeks ago and I already have dust building up under the screen. Not enough glue was used to bond down the screen and dust is getting in under the glass where it cant be wiped, it looks bad with the phones gloss black finish. I done a bit of research on Blackberry forums in the US & Canada and its a big problem over there, even people from the UK are posting there to complain so be warned. Other than thats it a great little phone with good picture quality for a 3.2mp. Compared to my 5mp on my old phone it takes brighter richer pictures and the video camera quality is very good too. Good sound from external speaker for listening to music. Nice size & weight and the keypad is easy to use, this is why I went with the 9105 as I dont like the Qwerty pad on the likes of the curve etc as the buttons are a bit small. Battery life is good also. The back cover creaks a little too which is annoying but all in all its a good little phone with all the apps etc, easy to use but poor build quality.

Hope this helps.

I collected my replacement phone today and now the new handset has its own problems. The locking key on the bottom left is sticking, the button seems to be a fraction too big for the slot so it too will have to go back, just posted my problems for some sort of therapy and to warn the next person who wants to buy one of these phones :)

Advertisement