Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop slagging off Tallaght!!!!

• 06-03-2011 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Why do people hate Tallaght so much??? It's a bleeding animal place, I don't know why yiz all hate it so much. Always slagging it off, state of yiz, probly all culchies and boggers who've never even been to Dublin in your lives, nevermind Tallaght. Or else you're from D4, with a rugby ball shoved up your arse.

I'm just giving out, cause I've been fighting with this girl on another forum who's been slagging me for being from Tallaght, she's even saying people from Firhouse aren't from Tallaght, and my Firhouse friend is all posh and doesn't live near me, when we spend half our time getting locked in Firhouse, so she does live near me. I hate the stupid bitch so much!!! :mad::mad::mad: People who hate Tallaghtfornia make me sick!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Rapih!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I bet you're fat too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Cuddley wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad: People who hate Tallaghtfornia make me sick!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

And this is why people dislike Tallaght.

Actually nevermind, assuming we hate Tallaght is like assuming we care about Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

Tallaght it makes Knocknaheeny and The Glen look like Montenotte and Foxrock.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Cuddley

What, who's Ralphie, also, I'm not fat, what are you smoking? :confused::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    And this is why people dislike Tallaght.

Actually nevermind, assuming we hate Tallaght is like assuming we care about Tallaght.

Who cares about a culchie's opinion? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

OP have a drink and get over it. where is tallaght ?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭J.Ball

Never heard anybody defend talla
    ght before

Tallaght it makes Knocknaheeny and The Glen look like Montenotte and Foxrock.:pac:

I only heard of Tallaght and Foxrock, don't know the other places, sorry. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

What, who's Ralphie, also, I'm not fat, what are you smoking? :confused::rolleyes:
    Just "cuddly", ya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

Why do people hate Tallaght so much??? It's a bleeding animal place, I don't know why yiz all hate it so much. Always slagging it off, state of yiz, probly all culchies and boggers who've never even been to Dublin in your lives, nevermind Tallaght. Or else you're from D4, with a rugby ball shoved up your arse.

I'm just giving out, cause I've been fighting with this girl on another forum who's been slagging me for being from Tallaght, she's even saying people from Firhouse aren't from Tallaght, and my Firhouse friend is all posh and doesn't live near me, when we spend half our time getting locked in Firhouse, so she does live near me. I hate the stupid bitch so much!!! :mad::mad::mad: People who hate Tallaghtfornia make me sick!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Any yokes?

hondasam wrote: »

In Dublin, it's the best. :D

Other person, why don't people defend Tallaght, its a good place to live. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Tallaght - the home of "Fúcked in Ireland" stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Stop making tallaght so shít then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeden Tallaeh! Jaysus croyst almoity oim blaeeeeden booooooooooooorsten for a shoite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Tallaghtfornia, hahahaha brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Knockneheeny is one of the biggest dumps outside of Dublin.

It's gotten to the point where newspapers don't bother reporting on crime there, the fire brigade refuse to go without the Gardai, and quite often the Gardai refuse to go without having 2 squad cars and occasionally the Armed Gardai in certain parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's the ones who type in text speak that give it a bad name...

And long may it stay that way.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Shake it, shake it Tallaght..................

• Advertisement

Some ****hole in Dublin.:pac:

It's gotten to the point where newspapers don't bother reporting on crime there, the fire brigade refuse to go without the Gardai, and quite often the Gardai refuse to go without having 2 squad cars and occasionally the Armed Gardai in certain parts.

Knocka is still a a lot better than Southill and Moyross.:pac:Unless you lived there who are you to pass comment.:pac:

Not as good as Galway or Cork :pac:

galwayrush wrote: »

Indeed people like that need to go back to baby infants and learn how to speak english right.:pac:

In Dublin, it's the best. :D

Other person, why don't people defend Tallaght, its a good place to live. :D

outside of Dublin it is a kip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Dublin is a grand place in general but the whole of West Dublin from Tallaght to Blanchardstown need's to be nuked.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

What a fantastic thread!
    Did you steal the laptop or computer your typing off????:p

OP Irish people hate everywhere that isnt their own little spot and is why we get things like parish pump politics.................so feck tallaght bloody dump:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Sorry Moblers

IN Tallaght they eat more pizza than anywhere else on the planet. A branch of Domino’s located in the Square shopping centre is the busiest of its 8,000 stores worldwide, apparently selling up to 200 pizzas an hour. That’s a lot of dough, in every sense. The branch is the first in Domino’s 45-year history to hit a turnover of $3m (€2.35m) a year. The chain says that requires 1m pizzas a year or an eye-watering three a minute for every one of the 12 hours a day the branch is open.
    Domino’s may be underestimating the cost of its product, however. An average order at the store, including pizza, side order and drink, would cost €20. A turnover of €2.3m a year would mean 2,200 such orders a week or a more manageable, if still impressive, 26 an hour.
    Either way the revelation will prompt fears about Tallaght’s 100,000 waistlines. The average pizza has about 900 calories, half the recommended daily total for women.
    “Yes, we have noticed problems in this area and there are a number of similar hot spots,” said Dr Donal O’Shea, who runs an obesity-treatment unit at St Colmcille’s hospital in nearby Loughlinstown.
    “This part of Dublin has a particular problem with both childhood and adult obesity. It’s a combination of bad food and a lack of exercise. The availability of fast food and the fact that Ireland is literally a record breaker in that area is borne out not just in the statistics but in what is presented at the door of the clinic.”
    Perhaps conscious that its record-breaking would not be widely interpreted as a cause for celebration, Domino’s was coy about identifying Tallaght last week. The biggest pizza- delivery chain in the world first announced that an Irish branch had broken the $3m record, but wouldn’t identify which of the 27 outlets in Ireland it was.
    Contacted last Thursday, however, the Domino’s branch in the Square was only too happy to confirm its record turnover.
    “Yes, that’s correct,” said Fergus McDonald, the manager of the store.
    Founded in 1960, Domino’s has stores in more than 50 countries, but is particularly successful in Britain and Ireland, where it has 428 outlets and plans to double this to 1,000 in the next few years. The company says a number of branches are in the “two million club”, with annual sales of $2m (€1.6m).
    “There is no such thing as a single bad food, and pizza itself isn’t to blame for obesity,” said O’Shea.
    “But it is striking the number of patients being referred to our clinic who regularly have takeaways as snacks. That’s where pizzas slot in for people, as late-night convenience food or between their main meals.
    “A lot of people don’t even notice them slipping in, and don’t consider a pizza an actual meal.
    “It’s only when we get them to draw up food diaries that we notice pizza is there as a regular for the family.”
    O’Shea said that those who chose a full 12in pizza, rather than the more regular 9in size, are the type of people more likely to be obese.
    While Domino’s has a “reduced fat” pizza with less cheese, it also offers 14in ones. Just two slices of its 14in Deluxe Feast contain 628 calories and more than 10g of saturated fat, half the recommended daily allowance.
    Dr Mairead Kiely, a lecturer in nutrition at University College Cork, said studies in Ireland have not found a relationship between bad diet and poorer socio-economic areas, as in America. Instead there is a link between poor nutrition and a lack of education.
    “Income levels are not related to education, and Ireland has a hugely expanding middle class,” she said. “Where you have lower levels of education, you find poorer diets with more reliance on fast food and less fruit and vegetables. If there was a link to income, Domino’s wouldn’t be doing as well, because pizza is not a cheap way to feed a family.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

How many kids do you have and are any of them from the same father?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

Ah Tallaght isn't so bad, like a lot of places it has it's good and bad spots.

To stereotype the whole area isn't right, it's like saying all Dublin people are scumbags just because of the bad places in Dublin. Same rule applies to Limerick, Cork, Galway etc etc

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

OP thinks he's in Dublin.

TheZohan wrote: »
    How many kids do you have and are any of them from the same father?

Bit low, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

stevejr wrote: »
    Bit low, no?

I don't know...she hasn't given us a figure yet. by the way I reckon the OP is a troll and doesn't actually live in Tallaght so I'm just playing along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Metallitroll

my best pal is from jobstown, fully qualified ship maintenance engineer with an IQ of 132 currently in singapore on a contract, big bucks he certainly gets around always did his own thing, never one to succumb to peer pressure even his accent is somehow distinctively different for the region, funny that he got mistaken as 'not like the other lads' as a kid and had a stint in john o' gods :pac: seems it can happen to the best of us, one can become frustrated with the inadequacies around em i guess but he's in a happy place now

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    I don't know...she hasn't given us a figure yet. by the way I reckon the OP is a troll and doesn't actually live in Tallaght so I'm just playing along.

Zing...:D....Ah I see

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Just "cuddly", ya?

My last fella used to say I was the cuddliest bird he met, that's why I picked that name, not cause I'm fat. :rolleyes:
    Any yokes?
    No.
    Tallaght - the home of "Fúcked in Ireland" stars
    See, that's just mean. We aren't fúcked. :eek:
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Stop making tallaght so shít then.

I don't make Tallaght ****, the newspapers making up lies do.:rolleyes:
    Daegerty wrote: »
    Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeden Tallaeh! Jaysus croyst almoity oim blaeeeeden booooooooooooorsten for a shoite!

We don't talk like that, stop making fun of me. :mad:
    Denners wrote: »
    Tallaghtfornia, hahahaha brilliant :D
    It is, I know. :D

Well Tallaght's not that bad, so they're nothing like each other. That's like saying Tallaght's like Mexico.
    galwayrush wrote: »
    Tallaghtfornians aren't the only ones who talk in textspeak you dipso.
    And long may it stay that way.:pac:
    Why?
    Shake it, shake it Tallaght..................

I can't hear that, feckin speakers on my computer are broken.
    It's not a sh*thole, go f*ck yourself.
    Knocka is still a a lot better than Southill and Moyross.:pac:Unless you lived there who are you to pass comment.:pac:
    Culchies, who cares.
    More culchies, hate them.
    Indeed people like that need to go back to baby infants and learn how to speak english right.:pac:
    I don't talk like that.
    outside of Dublin it is a kip.
    It's inside Dublin, genius.
    Sitec wrote: »
    Ahahaha, we're the best.
    Dublin is a grand place in general but the whole of West Dublin from Tallaght to Blanchardstown need's to be nuked.:pac:
    No, it doesn't, I love us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try Dublin regional forum. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement