Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why didn't you go to the AH Beers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

I was going and then I saw this shiny thing...

ah same as meself

was it you I fought for that bit of tin foil last night then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I went, seen, had a coke and legged it.

Had to work, but put a face to IvySlayer and two ladies who I didn't know, and The Master (who I've met loads of time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I'd love to attend, but I have Ritchie Valens syndrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Didn't even know there was one on, my eyes tend to ignore stickies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Was on a week long bender in Galway. Too tired, too bruised and too broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

1) In Dublin, too far
    2) Didnt know it was on, never pay attention to this kind of stuff
    3) I find it hard to bother going on regular nights out, let alone going to meetup with cyber-people from the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

To far away and after covering 1900 work kilometers in the car his week, another 420KM was not an option. The fact that this thread started at 01.01AM indicates the beers must have been a tame affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Been out the two nights previous so tired and broke. Had half intended to go though 'cause it was my mates birthday night out in the same place...

Showered. Contemplated getting dressed. While mustering up the energy, Kung Fu panda came on. I got comfy and lazy with my bottle of wine and animated movie and wasn't going anywhere :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Because I wanted to watch true blood and play counterstrike; we didn't really feel like going.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Because Internet people are imaginery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Most of AH is on the dole and would be pestering me to buy them pints :rolleyes: thanks i get for doing an honest days work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

johnn wrote: »
    Most of AH is on the dole and would be pestering me to buy them pints :rolleyes: thanks i get for doing an honest days work
    mine's a cider john;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Because I wanted to watch true blood and play counterstrike; we didn't really feel like going.

Are you the Queen of England? Alri' Lizzie. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I was waiting for the pink stretch limo Hummer to collect me.

I was told it was being paid by the subcribers.....the limo never came :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

AH beers? No, thanks. I don't like beer and I don't know Dublin at all. I'd be like a fish out of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Cybertron85

Afraid I might get blasted with piss.

It sounds okay though, there seems to be this rule of thumb that people on d'internet are all sociopathic mouthbreathers, but there's probably a pretty good demographic of all types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

what is they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Busy.
    hi.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Larianne wrote: »
    Are you the Queen of England? Alri' Lizzie. :D
    We are most amused :D
    --LOS-- wrote: »
    what is they

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

I would have.... probably would have....might have gone, but I was too bolloxed and/or sore from tumbling around, climbing up on shipping containers and doing room clearance drills in a stable. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Any use?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Any use?

Yeah, was a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

There were a few reasons,

It was too far away
    I'm too skint to go
    It was too far away
    I'm too skint to travel that far
    It was too far away
    I couldn't be bothered looking for somewhere to stay there
    It was too far away
    I didn't get an invite in the post with atleast 14 days notice
    It was too far away

and finally
    It was too far away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Had date night plus i broke my ankle the last time i tried to go to one so said never again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Because of the AH bully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was there. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Any shcandal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

forgot all about it. i need to start going to beers again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

I went, but yiz got lucky, because I was in Dublin anyway. Has there ever, ever been a beers outside of Dublin?

There are beers all the time outside of dublin, just not AH beers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I was there but nobody guessed my identity so nobody wins the 50 euro prize.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I was there but nobody guessed my identity so nobody wins the 50 euro prize.

well there was also that time in ron blacks when we ignored you at the bar.

well there was also that time in ron blacks when we ignored you at the bar.

Hence I kept my identity secret this time. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I had to answer a shítload of questions and give a sperm sample before I was allowed to start drinking in the reserved section. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Ended up in Limerick instead.

flyton5 wrote: »
    I had to answer a shítload of questions and a sperm sample before I was allowed to start drinking in the reserved section. :pac:

They got you with the old Taste Test Challenge eh?

flyton5 wrote: »
    I had to answer a shítload of questions and give a sperm sample before I was allowed to start drinking in the reserved section. :pac:

Same, I had to give some guy all my bank details and a go off my baps before I got in. He said it was protocall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Its ridiculous calling it the After Hours Beers, when everyone knows it nigh on always a Dublin event for Dubs. Has there even been one outside Dublin in the last two years?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

grenache wrote: »
    Its ridiculous calling it the After Hours Beers, when everyone knows it nigh on always a Dublin event for Dubs. Has there even been one outside Dublin in the last two years?!
    Isnt this the dublin forum? About town etc?

grenache wrote: »

To be honest, I'd have no problem hoping on a bus and going off somewhere else out of Dublin for an AH Beers.

Last time that was a possiblity, the votes weren't all that serious with Carlow though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

To be honest, I'd have no problem hoping on a bus and going off somewhere else out of Dublin for an AH Beers.

Last time that was a possiblity, the votes weren't all that serious with Carlow though.

Dont let SR hear you say that!

Kiera wrote: »
    Dont let SR hear you say that!

In fairness I voted for his Gaff.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Sure I'm only a mink_man. I wouldn't be welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sheeps wrote: »
    Micky Dolenz is a nice guy

I thought you were lovely too ;)
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Didn't go cos Mickey Dolenz would have barred me and then i'd have spent the rest of the night shoving marrows up his arse

What the hell is a marrow?

Kasabian wrote: »
    Because of the AH bully.

GASP, Was this me?! JUST because I told you you weren't invited and you had to sleep in a grill?

What the hell is a marrow?

It belongs in the courgette family*

*and NOT in your arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

LambsEye wrote: »
    It belongs in the courgette family*

*and NOT in your arse.

Kinky

GASP, Was this me?! JUST because I told you you weren't invited and you had to sleep in a grill?

I was looking forward to it, had all the plans made and then you just ruined it by making me feel uncomfortable about turning up. I find it very difficult making new friends and I thought that this would be an ideal oppurtuinity to meet some of the people that make me laugh on a daily basis.

My mates were really angry about it as they are very protective of me, they decided it would be best to stay away.

Kasabian wrote: »
    I was looking forward to it, had all the plans made and then you just ruined it by making me feel uncomfortable about turning up. I find it very difficult making new friends and I thought that this would be an ideal oppurtuinity to meet some of the people that make me laugh on a daily basis.

My mates were really angry about it as they are very protective of me, they decided it would be best to stay away.

Shoot, I can JUST imagine: stripey shirt from Jack and Jones ironed, eager smile in place, hair gelled up JUST at the front, nice shiney brogues, you open your front door and take a big breath, ready to step out into the world and put yourself out there again. I mean sure, you've had some problems in the past but this is a new day, you're going for beers with people who you think might actually GET you y'know? You steel your nerves, smile that little bit brighter and then you remember........You remember how I reminded you that you weren't welcome and then you remember allllll the times you haven't been welcome in the past. Then that sad little smile slides riiiiight off your face.

If you had came I would have pummeled you...right there and then, you AND your little "mates," too.

*Thoroughly enjoys role as AH bully.

• Advertisement

Shoot, I can JUST imagine: stripey shirt from Jack and Jones ironed, eager smile in place, hair gelled up JUST at the front, nice shiney brogues, you open your front door and take a big breath, ready to step out into the world and put yourself out there again. I mean sure, you've had some problems in the past but this is a new day, you're going for beers with people who you think might actually GET you y'know? You steel your nerves, smile that little bit brighter and then you remember........You remember how I reminded you that you weren't welcome and then you remember allllll the times you haven't been welcome in the past. Then that sad little smile slides riiiiight off your face.

If you had came I would have pummeled you...right there and then, you AND your little "mates," too.

*Thoroughly enjoys role as AH bully.

That is horrible, you have no idea how much I have to build myself up to even attempt to go and meet new people. Your post is very upsetting and I must admit a little frightening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement