Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooter 2

Options
  • 06-03-2011 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Its out on PSN! Lovin this game so much. Difficulty has been raised since the first game as that game was way to easy but still lotsa fun. Level design is also better this time round making the first game feel like a test run helping you to get you to grips with the elements and how they react to each other.

Multiplayer also included in this one but im finding it very hard to get a game, possibly nobody is playing it. But from the two games online i played it was quite fun and different.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

You beat me to making a thread about this game! :P

It is indeed a fantastic game, much improved over PixelJunk Shooter. The only thing I don't like is the Hunger Suit, it can be a little frustrating at times, but apart from that it's all fun times. I'm close to halfway through it now and really enjoying all the new enemies and the boss battles are challenging which is always a plus for me.

The multiplayer is so addictive, although it does take a while to get matched with someone at times. It's pretty difficult to start with I think but once you get the hang of it it's great craic. Two tips for ya: Lava will melt the survivors out of their homebase which is great when you're loosing, and proximity mines in a base are extremely useful so save up for them as soon as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

GothPunk wrote: »
    You beat me to making a thread about this game! :P

It is indeed a fantastic game, much improved over PixelJunk Shooter. The only thing I don't like is the Hunger Suit, it can be a little frustrating at times, but apart from that it's all fun times. I'm close to halfway through it now and really enjoying all the new enemies and the boss battles are challenging which is always a plus for me.

The multiplayer is so addictive, although it does take a while to get matched with someone at times. It's pretty difficult to start with I think but once you get the hang of it it's great craic. Two tips for ya: Lava will melt the survivors out of their homebase which is great when you're loosing, and proximity mines in a base are extremely useful so save up for them as soon as you can.

Just wondering in what way is it improved....I liked the different suits and general mechanics of the last game although it was just way too easy. The puzzles weren't puzzling enough and the shooting seemed like an after thought.

I don't think its a spoiler if I say the last game ended without a definite conclusion.....is it the same with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

1st one has some of the best physics , gotta get 2 soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

sarumite wrote: »
    Just wondering in what way is it improved....I liked the different suits and general mechanics of the last game although it was just way too easy. The puzzles weren't puzzling enough and the shooting seemed like an after thought.

I don't think its a spoiler if I say the last game ended without a definite conclusion.....is it the same with this?
    First off
    yes the game has a definite ending. I haven't finished it yet but I heard on a podcast that the story ends with this game.

I completely agree, the first game was a tad easy, and you could finish many levels in 10-20 minutes (longer of course if you wanted to 100% them). However with this game it's a direct continuation from the first game, so it starts off hard and gets harder. There is a new attack though so that can help when you're fighting larger groups of enemies, so it doesn't get stupid hard, it's challenging in a fun way. I haven't played enough to say the puzzles are harder, they're certainly different though and the new suits add new ways to play.

To give you an example of their approach to this game - they've added new hazards like acid, but instead of focusing solely on acid for a bunch of levels, you end up with a level that has acid, water, lava and oil in it all at once, with new 'bullet hell' enemies that you need to figure out how to kill. To me it seems like they've assumed you've played the first game and made a more challenging sequel that flows well from the first game. I don't want to spoil anything for you but it is a much better game than the first, and the first was pretty damn good!

The multiplayer is also a blast, I found my first two games very challenging but once you learn how to play it's a helluva lot of fun.

It's a shame that this game has next to no hype as it's easily one of the best games on PSN.

Advertisement