Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridging Visa Query

Options
  • 06-03-2011 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, I have searched the bollox out of this one but can't find anything on it. Also can't find any threads to the same effect. Maybe someone can help please and thank you.

Heres the scenario:

I just put my 457 application through with my partner as de facto on it. I just quickly checked the visa status are we are now both on a bridging visa while our application is reviewed.

Her current 1 year working holiday visa expires on March 23rd (17 Days), however she does have 88 days seasonal work completed allowing her to apply for a second year visa either way. (I put her as de facto straight away as we are aiming for PR in the long run).

My question is this, should she still go ahead and apply for her 2nd year WHV, even though she has a bridging visa pending a 457 application?.

If she gets rejected on my 457 application, can she then turn around and say hey I have my 88 days seasonal work anyway give me my 2nd year visa?. Will she get the opportunity on a bridging visa?.

We don't have a whole pile of days to play with here, but it sounds silly to put both the 457 application and 2nd year WHV though together (plus its an additional $225).

Muchas gracias for any info :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Be careful as she can only hold one valid visa at a time, if she put in an application for the 2nd WHV and that was granted it after the 457 dependent visa was granted then the 457 might be negated.

Let her stay on the bridging visa as long as she can, even if she got rejected she then could use the 2nd WHV and and have scored an extra few months on the bridging visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

As Mandrake said, she can only have one at a time, if she is rejected from your visa, then she'll have a period of grace(30 days) in which she can apply for a 2nd WHV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Cheers for the info lads, as usual its spot on :)

30 days is loads of time to apply for the 2nd year WHV which is good.

Thanks again.

Advertisement