Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding issues

• 06-03-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,141 ✭✭✭✭

lads im having serious issues trying to get port forwarding working on my setup,

ive followed the port forward guide to no avail.

i have a upc cable modem, belkin wireless n router and a buffalo link station NAS.

i want to open port 9000 to enable web access on the NAS.

So is it the nas IP i want to open the port on or the routers? seems as if no matter what i try it wont open on any of them, and thats after setting a static IP which apparently is required.

Anyone got something similar set up and working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

On the router connected to your broadband provider you port forward your external IP address (check www.whatismyip.com) to your internal IP address of the NAS box on Port 9000, then when you connect from the outside on the web to your external IP address your requests on Port 9000 are forwarded to the internal address of your NAS box. In most cases you don't even need to know your external IP address (except to connect to it) to set this up as the router uses whatever IP address it gets from your ISP.

Advertisement