Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stan James Closes One Of It's Shops.

• 06-03-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

Stan James has closed one of it's betting shops in Waterford the one in Newport Terrace last Monday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Never good to hear about somewhere closing, but its not as if theres a shortage of betting shops around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Never good to hear about somewhere closing, but its not as if theres a shortage of betting shops around.
    Maybe so but when you see betting shops close you know things are bad and also you must remember people worked in this shop and now their jobs are gone, it's the human cost of places closing down that's hard to bare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I bumped into the manager of this shop during the week and he hasn't lost his job as he's now floating all over the country, that sucks I told him, but it's a job he said, which is true I suppose, but it was a nice shop and he always made you feel welcome anytime I went in there and any type of bet I'd be looking for he would always try and get a price for me, unlike most other shops where they would say we don't do that and haven't time to look for it and most of all he knew his stuff again unlike other shops where they wouldn't know a horse from a dog. Anyone else used this betting shop? It's a shame it's gone as the other two shops near it are crap.

Advertisement