Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Markings being Re-Painted in Rush - Never Mind the State of the Roads !?

Options
  • 06-03-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Well I was baffled again Saturday morning whilst bringing my son to his football match to see road markings being re-painted around lower main street in Rush.

I am not saying they didn't need to be done, but enough has been said on here about the state of roads and ramps in Rush, and here we are getting road markings repainted on a road that badly needs to be resurfaced. :confused:

I assume someone must signoff on this, and allocate funding, so the fact they can review Rush main street and ignore all thats wrong, and think "Yes, road markings need to be re-painted alright, that should be first priority!". :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

i was baffled by this also, droppin back a dvd same morining they were outside the chemist and the lads working ahead of the guy doin the painting were sweeping away whats left of the speedramps and the grit left over from the snow. it makes no sense whatsoever and i think it would be a challenge for anyone to justify this ahead of the many other things that need to be done with the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

There's only two reasons I can think of them doing the new markings ahead of any re-surfacing and they are i) The funding isnt there to re-surface ii) Rush is due to be dug up some time in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

You could be right , Tangy , E-NET (network provider for FCC + government nat b/band scheme)have been at work outside the Eircom exchange all week , which would suggest , they are going to lay a ''MAN's'' network in Rush in the near future.This would involve much the same as what Eirgrid are doing , as in , cutting and opening the road , to provide cable duct's ,manhole's,back filling and reinstatement of the road / footpath etc,along the route of the planned network.I may be wrong , but I can't see E-NET doing all that work on station rd , for no good reason , other than to expand it's network from Lusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Its really just a guess from me. More hoping, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

You could be right , Tangy , E-NET (network provider for FCC + government nat b/band scheme)have been at work outside the Eircom exchange all week , which would suggest , they are going to lay a ''MAN's'' network in Rush in the near future.This would involve much the same as what Eirgrid are doing , as in , cutting and opening the road , to provide cable duct's ,manhole's,back filling and reinstatement of the road / footpath etc,along the route of the planned network.I may be wrong , but I can't see E-NET doing all that work on station rd , for no good reason , other than to expand it's network from Lusk.

Havent seen the work but would guess that its part of BT unbundling the exchange for Vodafone. If the network was to have been expanded to rush I do not doubt that we would have been told about it again and again and again and again over the election

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

What!! Is this safe? Are there possible health and safety issues with this cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

oh my god. someone might get flashed in the eye from the fibre optic!!!

on the other hand i reckon because the line is getting painted i would imagine there is no plan to do anything with the road!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I couldnt believe what I saw. The road is in right f**kin mess speed cushions badly damaged and here we are getting fresh markings. OK we needed the place brightened up but even fix the spped cushions and do some repair work.

Tune in here about 2015 for details of re surfacing work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

There's a possibility the re-painting of the roads was a part of Eirgrid's contract after opening the road to put in their cable...

As for the state of the roads...here's the email address (mods can I post this???)....roads@fingalcoco.ie

Send an email like I did. Then send a few more.
    There's strength in numbers...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

dan_d wrote: »
    There's a possibility the re-painting of the roads was a part of Eirgrid's contract after opening the road to put in their cable...

As for the state of the roads...here's the email address (mods can I post this???)....roads@fingalcoco.ie

Had a good look at Main St this morning and its really an awful mess. If I were over the roads section I would be embarrassed to have this street in my care. The ramps at Centra..... now that must be seen to believed. Will try and get a photo and upload it during the week.

Campaign has started..........

Trying to get the dog to type is hard going;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

dan_d wrote: »

Hi dan_d, I am curious as to the reply you got from your email(s). It's seems on the Fingal CoCo website things have gone generic with email contact addresses e.g. "roads@fingalcoco.ie". I know from prior communication myself I often get a reply along the lines of "your message has been passed on to the relevant people" type of thing, however I have yet to get any action from an email. :(

Maybe emails need to go direct to councillors ?

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/YourLocalCouncil/LocalDemocracy/Councillors/Balbriggan/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Hi dan_d, I am curious as to the reply you got from your email(s). It's seems on the Fingal CoCo website things have gone generic with email contact addresses e.g. "roads@fingalcoco.ie". I know from prior communication myself I often get a reply along the lines of "your message has been passed on to the relevant people" type of thing, however I have yet to get any action from an email. :(

Maybe emails need to go direct to councillors ?

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/YourLocalCouncil/LocalDemocracy/Councillors/Balbriggan/

Not a peep from them.
    So I'll have to start looking a bit harder.
    Thanks for your link. Hope everyone else intends to use it too:p

Advertisement